I want CRISPY Headphones!
Jul 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #16 of 65

Quote:

I think your version of sound signature is spot on for what you're asking for.  You want to clearly hear cymbals.  You want to clearly hear instrument plucking - in great detail.  You don't want those sounds to be faint, but more pronounced.  Right?

Actually, just Virginia - a bit below the Mason-Dixon line.  Not quite as "south" as the south one could get by say going to Savannah, Georgia and having some of Paula Dean's cooking.

actually i want the vocals to overpower everything ._. (not to an extreme though)

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #18 of 65
Quote:
I think your version of sound signature is spot on for what you're asking for.  You want to clearly hear cymbals.  You want to clearly hear instrument plucking - in great detail.  You don't want those sounds to be faint, but more pronounced.  Right?

Haha I like your description!! Spot on!!
But is that the same as crisp???
confused.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #19 of 65
So u want a very mid-centric headphone with a very crisp sound signature.
Hmmmm.....
A thousand bucks wont get u a headphone that colored. Not one that i am aware of any way...

But $200 to $300 will. And i'd venture you'd be a lot happier to have saved the money. :D

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #21 of 65

Quote:
Why not just get an EQ...

That way your can make the vocals overpower everything just the way you want.

Maybe my answer was a bit, Over Exaggerated, An EQ will never provide me with what im looking for, tried and tested.

Anyways back on topic, So, between the K701 and the HiFiman 500, which one would you choose for vocals?

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #22 of 65

Quote:
Then I definitely recommend the K701, both male and female voices sound crystal clear, you won't miss a thing.

Thats alot of votes for the K701, should i opt for K702? is the difference only the detachable cable?

Quote:
So u want a very mid-centric headphone with a very crisp sound signature.
Hmmmm.....
A thousand bucks wont get u a headphone that colored. Not one that i am aware of any way...

But $200 to $300 will. And i'd venture you'd be a lot happier to have saved the money.
biggrin.gif

True, thats more insentive to buy the K701 as well.

is there a DAC or amp that people lean to that works well with the K701?

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #24 of 65

Quote:
Thats alot of votes for the K701, should i opt for K702? is the difference only the detachable cable?

is there a DAC or amp that people lean to that works well with the K701?

Yep, the only diference between K701 and K702 are the detachable cable and the K702 cable terminates with the 3.5 mm plug.
I use the Centrance Dacport for a while now and quite happy with it.
Until today when my RSA Predator arrived today. I think I won't go back to the Dacport anymore lol.
These are just my experiences with portable dac/amp.
If you want desktop dac/amp, I'm clueless

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #25 of 65
I think Grado headphones are more crisp, clear and there is more bite for both male/female vocals. I will recommend this setup RS1i+Matrix M Stage+Mini i DAC and BTW LCD-2 soundsignature is very close too with crisp, clear vocals.

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #26 of 65
ZARIM, i think you nailed it.
the Grados might be the best recommendation (from what what my ears have heard, anyway).
not certain that Adamore needs to go all the way to the RS1 to get the "house sound", though.
a $200 SR225 would be spendid. 
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #27 of 65

Quote:

I have heard great things about the Schiit Lyr with them.  I happen to own the K702 and the Lyr....now just to get home to hear them together.

Cant wait for your impressions, i hope it doesnt make them sibilant, i despise any form of sibilance from a headphone.

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #28 of 65
Others may disagree, but I find the vocals on my DT990/600 to be very crisp. However, most of the vocals I listen to are female vocals in progressive/uplifting trance.

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #30 of 65
Will these headphones be a step down from the D5000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back