I think I've made a bad decision
Sep 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #16 of 35

Quote:
Quote:

haha. Yeah I know what you mean. I told one of my friends I had some nice headphones for them to hear. They replied with "Yeah my dad has some Bose too."

@Op: I agree with the above posters on the beats. If you want another pair of cans we'd be more than happy to give you some recommendations. What type of music do you listen to? How will your headphones be used? Do you need open or closed cans? What do you want in your sound?

I fully plan on taking back these Dre's after reading the forum more. And as for your questions:
I listen to rock and rap mostly, with a bit of country and classical thrown in. But mostly rocky and rap.
I use my headphones daily riding light rail to work
I love closed cans, i find them very comfortable compared to open ones pressing down on my ears.
For sound, clarity and sound separation are imperative, so long as the bass isn't weak

Thanks for your help!

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #18 of 35

Quote:

I fully plan on taking back these Dre's after reading the forum more. And as for your questions:
I listen to rock and rap mostly, with a bit of country and classical thrown in. But mostly rocky and rap.
I use my headphones daily riding light rail to work
I love closed cans, i find them very comfortable compared to open ones pressing down on my ears.
For sound, clarity and sound separation are imperative, so long as the bass isn't weak

Thanks for your help!

I think you have the wrong impression here.

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:
ok when I think closed/open i think closed are like the studio dre's and the open are like the solo's. no?

Open cans let sound in and out so no isolation. However, they tend to have better soundstage and have better sound quality than similarly priced closed cans though that's not always the case. I think you're referring to cirumaural and supraural cans. The first goes over the ears and the latter sits on the ears. A closed can will probably be best for transportation.

I'll also recommend the Sennheiser HD25-1 II though they are on ear. I think best buy has them and possibly guitar center if you want to try them out before you buy them.

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #21 of 35
for god's sake man, get rid of those things as fast as you can and get some hd25-1 II, ATH-M50, SR840's or a nice pair of in-ears (check out the massive IEM comparison thread in here). Hell, for $350 you can buy a better mp3 player AND a better headphone. 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #25 of 35
The M50s are pretty comfy but you have to stretch out the headband alittle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back