I think I got scammed.
Oct 3, 2009 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Benaiir

1000+ Head-Fier
So, in mid-August a HF'er named b0oMeR with ~40 posts PM's me about my Shure E4's... He offers me $60+e2c's. I took it. He paypaled me $60 and it's all going great... The next day I ship it out to Canada... A week later he claims to have shipped the e2c's. 2 weeks later, he recieves the e4's and he's telling me his impressions. 1 week later I ask him what's going on with the E2c's. He says he'll check with the shipping company (Which remains unnamed)... He still hasn't responded in a week, even though his responses during the transaction were very quick and great....

What should I do?

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 28
Send him a another PM. Contact the Mod over headphones sales and tell him what the problem is. Be prepared to give the Mod precise details.

Next time you do a transaction with anyone, trade name and contact details, including phone number. Good people here are not reticent to share their contact details with the members they buy from, sell to, and trade with. Good luck!

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 28
I have his address, if it helps. I still think maybe he hasn't gotten around to checking his inbox/it got lost in the mail, but still..... He was just SO responsive.

@catachresis: Who is the headphones sales mod?

BTW - No telephone #
frown.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #7 of 28
Did he have feedback? Also, just wondering, what city does he live in?

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did he have feedback? Also, just wondering, what city does he live in?

Ontario

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Create a feedback thread on him to warn others. Also, PM him about this thread.

Will do.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have his address, if it helps. I still think maybe he hasn't gotten around to checking his inbox/it got lost in the mail, but still..... He was just SO responsive.

@catachresis: Who is the headphones sales mod?

BTW - No telephone #
frown.gif

You can go back and report the original thread. However, moderators are not police or parents. I would not expect much other than his banning if things don't work out in the end.

Quote:

BTW - No telephone #
frown.gif

I don't understand why buyers don't demand to actually speak to the person they are purchasing something from. It's not fool proof, but I've never seen a scam thread on this board or any other where one party was scammed after both exchanged phone numbers.

There may be extenuating circumstances. Now that you posted give the person a few days to respond.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Ontario

I hope you know that's a province
biggrin.gif
I think you should alert him of this thread. Who knows, he might just be really busy right now.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand why buyers don't demand to actually speak to the person they are purchasing something from. It's not fool proof, but I've never seen a scam thread on this board or any other where one party was scammed after both exchanged phone numbers.

I actually haven't spoken with those who I bought from here in head-fi. But I only deal with those who have good feedback, and so far the experience has been good.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #15 of 28
x2. I have never exchanged phone numbers nor do I plan to. My primary number is a govt. sponsored line and I prefer to keep my business and private life separate from this forum. If it can't be done with feedback and email/ PMs, then it wasn't in the cards for me. And I have done a ton of deals here. But everyone needs to have their own comfort zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back