I think I got scammed.
Oct 4, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually haven't spoken with those who I bought from here in head-fi. But I only deal with those who have good feedback, and so far the experience has been good.

As do I, except for this instance. I expected since he was willing to fork over $60, he's a straight person.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #17 of 28
Of course there are exceptions. This is not about your two particular good experiences. It's not about the vast majority of exchanges that go swimmingly. It a generalized insurance policy against those that may not. There are too many stories exactly like the OP"s for people not to take simple measures like asking for a phone number.

Do you guys not think the OP would like to have the other person's phone number right now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I have never exchanged phone numbers nor do I plan to. My primary number is a govt. sponsored line and I prefer to keep my business and private life separate from this forum.

And mine is sponsored by T-Mobile. I also prefer to keep things private, but I'll give some of that up to do the most I can to keep form being scammed. Having said that, I do completely agree with you. If it is outside of your comfort zone, don't do it.

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #18 of 28
Just saw the OP's feedback thread for boomer. It's a start.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #21 of 28
feedback system isn't foolproof. scammers would accumulate a number of feedbacks on smaller-priced items then will hit you back on bigger amount of doodles.
mind you, a lot of starters/nubies aren't scammers and most of you also started with no feedback as buyer.
if you are transacting via paypal, there's this confirmed address you could check . email and pm exhcanges would help. i think feedback is important as far you are dealing with seller's reputation more than the buyer 'coz all the buyer need to transact is a Paypal verified account and a confirmed paypal address . besides, what is upmost important to seller is payment and a shipping address.

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genelex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
feedback system isn't foolproof. scammers would accumulate a number of feedbacks on smaller-priced items then will hit you back on bigger amount of doodles.
mind you, a lot of starters/nubies aren't scammers and most of you also started with no feedback as buyer.
if you are transacting via paypal, there's this confirmed address you could check . email and pm exhcanges would help. i think feedback is important as far you are dealing with seller's reputation more than the buyer 'coz all the buyer need to transact is a Paypal verified account and a confirmed paypal address . besides, what is upmost important to seller is payment and a shipping address.

Bypass that into placebo trades... Your friends make accs and give you feedback.

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bypass that into placebo trades... Your friends make accs and give you feedback.

dude, i am saying there's no hard and fast rules on everything.
it's just you have a diff experience !
confused_face.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #24 of 28
That sucks! Sure smells like a scam since he do not provide the name of the shipping company and/or tracking number, and the parcel have not arrived at your place.
Besides trying harder to get ahold of him, and the feedback thread, I am not sure what else to do.

Best wishes!

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #27 of 28
Sorry to hear that, man.

I've never asked/given my phone number for any head-fi transaction and have dealt with a number of new/ 0 feedback users (we all had to start somewhere, right?). My luck has been holding out so far, I guess, but I admit that I am often less careful than I should be. b0omeR did previously contact me about purchasing my Grado 325is, but it didn't work out, maybe for the better.

I do usually ask new member to ship first and provide tracking. Not foolproof, but neither is feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back