I saw this graph and couldn't stop laughing. Hi-Fi Sony fo' sho'!
Mar 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 43
Wow, didn't know it looked like that, they sure are the "midhead's" best friend, for their purpose it seem optimally configured though, talk about "midforward" headphone. xD

Quote:
There is no lower bass to equalize

10 x 0 = 0

That logic fails, it's at like -30dB at 40Hz so would require like at least 20dB boost there to get it at similar levels at that frequency as other headphones though. :p Like basicly dragging ASUS Xonar soundcard's EQ to the top at 31Hz and maybe +15 at 62Hz to get somewhat similar lower bass response as the average headphone.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #9 of 43
I had this headphone, buying it as a compact travel version of the MDR7506. I mean, it's the professional series. Couldn't believe my ears when I heard it. I tried to burn it in for two weeks. No difference. This is the worst headphone sound of an established manufacturer I've ever experienced. It sounds exactly like the frequency response looks.Believe me, it's no fun. That Sony produces this headphone, and people apparently buy it (I returned mine) is a mystery. And I must say I'm losing respect for retailers retailing it - I can't think of anything you can use this headphone for.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 43
Haha that's the weirdest frequency response chart I've seen. I am really curious as to how it would sound.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #11 of 43
Honestly, that's not a lot different than the Sennheiser 201's...

I've heard these before.  They do indeed have no bass to speak of, but I guess some people (like my brother) like the sound signature for the $15 they pay.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #12 of 43

Quote:
Honestly, that's not a lot different than the Sennheiser 201's...

Well, I think 10-20 dB (!) down from 40-300 Hz is a lot different.

And as I said earlier the MDR-7502 sounds awful. As a matter of fact I wouldn't encourage anyone to listen to them, it's heartless to make Sony suffer to such an extent.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 43
Mar 14, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #14 of 43
I wouldn't trust those graphs at all. They've screwed up way too many times in the past from what I've read. I'm still annoyed by the fact they've made my favorite somewhat bass light headphone (KNS-8400) out to be some sort of bass monster like the 750DJ.
Generally most seem accurate at least. I am glad however that they take the time to even do graphs for headphones. I hope they triple check the results though.

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #15 of 43
Headroom's FR graphs are often not reliable? Really? I'm not challenging the idea. Just surprised at the idea that they may not be accurate. I almost wonder if that could get them into legal trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back