I really like the T1 but I don't love them...
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cappellano

100+ Head-Fier
Dears, 

it's about 5-6 months that I listen the t1 with every genre and I've tried them with different customized amp (F2a Trasformer coupled, OTL and a customized SS). They are superb and almost perfect in every way...

SALDY they don't connect emotionally with me.. it's strange but sometime I get distracted from the music and feel bored. 

So please, someone can suggest me a more "engaging" headphone? 

Right now I'm thinking about the LCD-2 (that it seem tonally similar to the T1, but with more PRAT  and the ps-1000 that seems the best solution for me that I prefer a more eufonic sounds..

So, any suggestions ?

thanks a lot,

Marco

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 10
Having owned the LCD-2, I prefer the Grado sound, colored, fun, engaging.  I don't know the PS-1000 but I do have extensive listening experience with the GS-1000.  Same verdict.  Colored, fun, engaging.  And not boring.  Maybe you need both the T1 and the Grado.  
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 10
I just went from loving the T1 and hating the LCD-2 to still loving the T1 and adoring the LCD-2. They're wonderful compliments to each other and the LCD-2 is the most engaging headphone I have ever heard, more than D7K, ED8, HD800, etc. It has amazing PRAT and for is unbeatable for Metal, and thus likely any other fast genre. Definitely give it a shot.

Also, the T1 sounds absolutely nothing like the LCD2.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 10
I should have the T1's in a couple of weeks. Damn-- better start saving for the LCD2's. That sounds like the exact combo/compliment that I'm looking for.

By the way, to the original poster: yeah, the higher-end Grados are definitely not boring. Not to everyone's taste, no doubt, but they do rock out.

Jun 23, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I should have the T1's in a couple of weeks. Damn-- better start saving for the LCD2's. That sounds like the exact combo/compliment that I'm looking for.

By the way, to the original poster: yeah, the higher-end Grados are definitely not boring. Not to everyone's taste, no doubt, but they do rock out.

Indeed, very good complement. Throw in an ED8 like me and you're set for life 
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Yes, I've used an F2A tube amp with 100 ohm output impedance, a great OTL and now a SS with 120 ohm output. 
Sadly the T1 to me remain slightly boring!!!

Looks like you just don't enjoy the natural sound. No use forcing yourself to love it, if it doesn't grow on you and begin to amaze you like it did me, just return it and get a colored can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back