I need some really bass heavy cans
May 21, 2011 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Bradrj1029

100+ Head-Fier
As sad it it sounds I was thinking of getting the most expensive Dre Beats just because I havent heard anything with the amount of bass that they provide and I love it I have maybe $150 to spend for now, I need the headphones that have really heavy bass

this is an example of stuff I would be listening to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylVRGttEW4

I am using Turle Beach x1 gaming headset right now to listen to that song and the bass is orgasmic, literally xD

So help me out here guys, I like alot of skrillex and dubstep as well as drum n bass, I listen to alot of rap, rock, prog metal, EVERYTHING, but right now im looking for the headphones with the most bass for $150, THANKS :D:D:D

May 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #2 of 22
Tried the Solo HD and they where indead very fun and enjoyable dumb listening to music. Thinking of getting a pair for portable use if I can find them at the right price. None of the other portables I tried where as enjoyable out of my crappy ipod touch 3G.

May 21, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 22
Compared to the Klipsch Image One, everything mentioned before are but toys.

If you want really heavy hammering bass, like a badly positioned bass heavy speaker in front of a wall, then the Klipsch will please you!

May 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #6 of 22
XB500 got the most bass AFAIK when it comes to quantity. A flat +15dB boost at 20 ~ 300 Hz, which is basicly the bassrange pretty much, most headphones have the peak around 80~120Hz but won't have nearly as strong bass output at very deep 20 ~ 50Hz as well as upper bass 150 ~ 250Hz. XB500 leaves even Beats by dr Dre in the dust when it comes to bass as seen here:

May 21, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 22
I haven't heard any Sony headphones yet, but I do imagine that they have lots and lots of bass.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that the presentation of bass can not be captured in frequency graphs.
The same played bass (for example a 100 Hz tone) can sound deeper on one 'phone than on the other, regardless of volume. Quantity can also vary a lot by decay - slow decay means way more perceived bass.
"Rumbling bass" (e.g. Klipsch Image One) does not need low frequency sub-bass, but some design flaw(/preference?) that mirrors the bass and multiplies the quantity with a very subtle echo.

I can only say this: The Image One has more bass than I can stand (headaches after 30 minutes at average volume). If the Sony have more, I really question the designers and even the brand in general.

May 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #10 of 22

Quote:
the XB500s are the best of the line when it comes to bass? I have $150 so if there is anything better in that price range lemme know :) if not kb500s it is

Well what's "good bass" for you then? :p In your first post you asked for what has the "most" bass and that's why I replied with XB500. Expensier headphones only tend to have less bass. V-Moda Crossfades which has MSRP of $199 (altough street price goes for maybe ~$130) should be quite close in bass quantity to XB500. Denon D1100 which was mentioned and is maybe $130~150ish or something like that got close / similar amount of mid bass like XB500 but no contest when it comes to deep bass. Listening to some dubstep with strong deep bass with D1100 I get "punched in the head with a hammer"-feeling while on XB500 I get that + the earthquake inside my head kind of rumble feel from the deep bass.

XB500's bass is strong both in very deep bass of dubstep and got a lot of mid/upper bass punch with great impact, balancewise the mid/upper bass is perhaps a bit stronger in comparision in my ears, something like 45/55 % deep/upper bass comparing the balance of it. It's not the slowest nor the fastest bass, somewhere in the middle closer to the "slower" side so it works for any kind of bass whatever it's supposed to be fast/punchy or deep/slow. Big brother XB700 got a bit less bass quantity and is much slower/deeper sounding due to not nearly as emphasized mid/upper bass but quite similar amount of deep <100Hz bass.

May 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #12 of 22

Quote:
Listened to that song if the first post and tell me if your ear drums tickle LMAO

I get the ear-tickling effect in almost any dubstep/hardstyle song and don't have to listen any loud to get there but I don't use a flat EQ setting either but yea I do get that kind of effect if I disable the EQ for that song too.

May 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #13 of 22
I second the XB-500 suggestion.  Head shaking bass along with pilow soft earpads and Sony's unique styling.  What's not to like?

May 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #14 of 22
+1 on the XB500 or D1100.

Eeww Skrillex though! Are you sure you need good bass for his tracks?
tongue.gif

Try some proper dubstep like Digital Mystikz, Loefah, Kryptic Minds, Kromestar, Kode9, Pinch, Phaeleh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back