I need some insanity....
Apr 26, 2002 at 11:39 AM Post #17 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Nobody mentioned Godsmack. Do they not fit in here? I don't really know since I listen to Motley Crue, Poison, and AC/DC and now I am going to get Godsmack. I just heard them the other day.
I have not heard the groups mentioned here.

Godsmack are a good group. Tight mean riffs if your into them check out some other meaner stoner rock such as Monster Magnet.
While i am here might as well give you some more names.
Nailbomb
Hatebreed
Napalm Death
Megadeth
Hypocrisy
Dope

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:22 PM Post #18 of 73
Poddy, not impressed with Melvins?! I have seen them twice and both times they sounded great. Buzz isnt gonna do flips or go surfing .... but damn they play IMO the best in-the-zone, groove happy, fuzz grunge.

good call on the Soulfly... their first CD can get intense.

grabbed some Fantomas mp3s......... insane AND schizo. Interesting stuff ai0tron.

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:48 PM Post #19 of 73
Music to make you want to drive your car off a cliff??

How about these:

NSYNC
Brittney Spears
Destiny's Child
Lymp Bizcuit
Metallica (post 84)

any of those would just about do it!

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:53 PM Post #20 of 73
I think you've got the wrong idea, 2 channel... those would be music that *drives* you and your car *up* the cliff...
wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 26, 2002 at 3:15 PM Post #21 of 73
I'm gonna go out on a cliff here and recommend what I think is the hardest album ever created... and I don't mean it's the hardest because it's got the most distorded guitars or the most barked lyrics or the most screaming, although it does have a lot of that!

But there is just something so visceral about this album, especially once it's grown on you a bit. It'll make you thrash about like a turrets kid!

"Jizzlobber" on this album is possibly the baddest ****ing song ever created. Totally sinister... turn it up loud.

B000002LRX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

P.S. This is just my opinion. I don't want to start a "what the hardest album ever" thread!

Apr 26, 2002 at 3:25 PM Post #22 of 73
soapbox.gif

1st and formost everything that has been recommended so far has been for whimps!

If you want some TRUE insanity, you must come to the underground with me, to the land of bands that are too extreme to ever get any air play on the radio and will never been seen on TV, the land of TRUE Metal bands, not these half-ass pop poser bands. Where any hint of rap will bring death upon you, and have your dead body dragged through the streets!

FIREdevil.gif

Apr 27, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #24 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by Poddy

Edit: Jaghouse: Noticed your avatar. Saw the Melvins live the other night. Wasnt that impressed with them to tell you the truth.

Begone...Melvins are the best live rock band playing today.

Try Exhorder's 'Slaughter in the Vatican' or 'The Law' if you can find them.

Apr 27, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #25 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
soapbox.gif

1st and formost everything that has been recommended so far has been for whimps!

If you want some TRUE insanity, you must come to the underground with me, to the land of bands that are too extreme to ever get any air play on the radio and will never been seen on TV, the land of TRUE Metal bands, not these half-ass pop poser bands. Where any hint of rap will bring death upon you, and have your dead body dragged through the streets!

FIREdevil.gif

I will follow...you know what i want....you know my needs....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 28, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #26 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
soapbox.gif

FIREdevil.gif

dude, i don't think Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Drop Dead or Eyehategod were ever (or will ever be) played on radio or on tv...

Exhorder's "Slaughter in the Vatican" and "The Law" are available on Mp3.com for free. the last time i checked, anyway.

Apr 28, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #29 of 73
I like Fantomas' Director's Cut best.

Apr 28, 2002 at 4:15 PM Post #30 of 73
For insane moments in the dark, I'd try Converge or Integrity. There's always Slayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back