I need some insanity....
Apr 28, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #33 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
everyone else :

Notice that I have yet to mention any names.

Yeah, I was going to call you on that. It was almost like a "hear ye, hear ye", without a follow-up...

PS Don't know anything about no MP3's, can't help...

Apr 29, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #34 of 73
Quote:

soapbox.gif

1st and formost everything that has been recommended so far has been for whimps!

If you want some TRUE insanity, you must come to the underground with me, to the land of bands that are too extreme to ever get any air play on the radio and will never been seen on TV, the land of TRUE Metal bands, not these half-ass pop poser bands. Where any hint of rap will bring death upon you, and have your dead body dragged through the streets!

FIREdevil.gif

Oh oh we got ourselves an underground fanatic. Next your gonna tell us any band with a record deal isnt worth listening to
tongue.gif
but please enlighten me for my sake. But please for wimps tsk tsk theres some good metal in them there lists.

Apr 29, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #37 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
I'm sure you're just trolling, but since the bands he originally mentioned aren't really metal anyway, I don't think he's worried about such arbitrary classifications.

KR is anything else but a troll. It's true though that i listed two bands and their 2 cds that i digged the most, both happen to fall under 'industrial metal' i suppose. What the heck is mainstream metal anyway? Iron Maiden? Helloween? Metallica? Megadeth? Sepeltura? I mean there's soooo many subcultures within metal that it makes it nearly impossible to classify one band from the next. Heck, even Testament, another great band, their album, The Ritual, kicks ass!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2002 at 5:35 AM Post #38 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
KR is anything else but a troll

That may be, but he is exhibiting troll-like behavior. I've been listening to metal for most of my life, I know what metal is. For him to pooh-pooh everything that isn't 'extreme metal' is beyond ridiculous. Napalm Death isn't metal? **** you.

Apr 29, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #39 of 73
By trolling, I mean that he's just making broad-sweeping and controversial statements to get a reaction out of people. I don't think he's entirely serious about it.

I've got nothing against KR, and even if I did take it seriously, I'm not about to poo my pants because some guy on the internet said my music wasn't metal.

Actually, I personally feel that grindcore is closer to punk than metal, but that's just me.

Apr 29, 2002 at 6:08 AM Post #40 of 73
Quote:

Maybe, but they are soft bands, he wanted heavy music, right?

oooooh, that was a diss; i'm insulted already
biggrin.gif

but then again, if you want to go down that road, ex-'black metal' bands who decide to go symphonic/goth/experimental aren't all that heavy either. and neither are the bands on Napalm Records. and Cradle of Filth - are they really anything more than "the band with 70 t-shirt designs" these days?

fighting over what is/isn't metal: the sign of true metalheads
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2002 at 11:22 AM Post #43 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry

Napalm Death isn't metal? **** you.

Well, actually Napalm Death isn't metal at all, it's Grindcore. Bad example there buddy.

Now who gets to **** me again? I sure hope she's cute.

Quote:

fighting over what is/isn't metal: the sign of true metalheads

That's so true
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

I maybe stupid but if Sepultura are not metal i dont know who is.

Not anymore, they are more of a rap group these days.

Apr 29, 2002 at 11:52 AM Post #44 of 73
Quote:

Now who gets to **** me again? I sure hope she's cute.

Actually I was thinking it would be your boyfriend.

Apr 29, 2002 at 11:56 AM Post #45 of 73
Quote:

Well, actually Napalm Death isn't metal at all, it's Grindcore. Bad example there buddy.

What? Grindcore isn't metal? You have CLEARLY demonstrated what an idiot you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back