I need some insanity....
May 2, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #61 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Dusty, you'd call PWEI rap? I'm not really sure what to call them, but I guess I wouldn't call them rap
wink.gif

You're right, of course, they are so much more than rap. But they are rap compared to everything else I listen to. They're usually classified as "alternative", but I don't really consider that a genre anymore.
frown.gif
Quote:

I also have their first album, which has the cool song "There's No Love Between Us"

Is that the one that has a sample of someone saying "Grebo-grebo-grebo..."? I love that song, that's easily my favourite one from their early stuff. Very addictive little rhythm. Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
Quit with the secrets!
smily_headphones1.gif
What was the CD that KR recommended?

I concur! KR! Dam you! Quit being so evil! What about the lurkers who are also reading this thread who similarly want to "...play with madness..."?

May 2, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #62 of 73
I'd like to post it, but i'll leave it to KR to reply with the answer...i ordered it from amazon already.
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2002 at 6:06 AM Post #63 of 73
Last night, when cleaning out my CDs, I realised what the most insanely heavy music I had ever heard was: BURZUM.

It's a one man project, and the guy is an utter freaking nut bar, by the way, but it is truly "insanity", which is what you requested.

May 2, 2002 at 8:04 AM Post #64 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Is that the one that has a sample of someone saying "Grebo-grebo-grebo..."? I love that song, that's easily my favourite one from their early stuff. Very addictive little rhythm.

Hmm... let me put the CD on (Box Frenzy)...

Nope, I think the song you're thinking about is "U.B.L.U.D." (which is also a very cool song). "There Is No Love Between Us Anymore" is the one that starts with a sample of an LP version (complete with pops and clicks) of Nat King Cole singing "When I Fall In Love." The only lyrics are the title and a sample of a woman saying "He loves me, he loves me not." At the end it trails off to a sample of "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" LOL

I love this song -- do you have the whole album?

May 3, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #65 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
I think the song you're thinking about is "U.B.L.U.D."

Yeah, that sounds right. Quote:

I love this song -- do you have the whole album?

Uh, yeah! ...somewhere...

(I believe that particular one is in Waldorf...)

Why?

I think they do a version of "There Is No Love Between Us Any More" on This is the Day...This is the Hour...This is This!. Or an excerpt or something...

I also have the other one (Go!?). Again, "...somewhere...".

May 3, 2002 at 3:29 AM Post #66 of 73
Alrighty, here is the CD :

Satyricon - Intermezzo II

This is a mini EP and has only 4 tracks, so buy it cheap on half.com

It has 4 different styles of extreme metal :

1st track is called "A Moment of Clarity" this track represents the current wave of Black Metal.

2nd track is called "INRI" and it's a Sarcofago cover, this track represents the origins of Black Metal.

3rd track is called "Nemesis Divina" this track represents True Black Metal in it's pure form.

4th track in called "Blessed from Below" this track represents Avant-Garde Metal which is also a current tread in Metal.

The 1st and last tracks represent the present and the middle two represent the past. Alpha and omega
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 4, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #69 of 73
Ahhh Satyricon. I know them well. The frontman is good friends with Phil from Pantera but refuses to colaborate on some tunes because he hates Pantera's sound.

May 5, 2002 at 5:15 PM Post #70 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by Poddy
Ahhh Satyricon. I know them well. The frontman is good friends with Phil from Pantera but refuses to colaborate on some tunes because he hates Pantera's sound.

Well, Pantera is so wimpy, I don't blame him! The man has good taste! At least Philip is also in a Metal band as well.
Quote:

2/20/02

ANSELMO DENIES BREAK-UP RUMORS

Philip Anselmo issued an unequivocal "***** no" to the recent rumors that Pantera are breaking up. It seemed the rumors kicked up during a press junket for Anselmo and fellow Pantera bandmember Rex Brown's side project, the band Down. "Side projects always start rumors," stated a spokesperson for Pantera's management. "It's the nature of the beast." Add Anselmo to the mix and writers get a little itchy. "What can I say," says Anselmo. "I love Pantera. I'm excited about Down. I'm lucky to be in a place where I can make great ******** music with both bands. We're going into the studio sometime later this year to record the new Pantera album. End of story."

May 6, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #71 of 73
Pretty funny that KR trolled all over the shop about how everyone else's suggestions weren't metal enough, then proceeded to recommend an album in a very specific sub-genre.

Bravo, sir.

May 6, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #73 of 73
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
Look for this band called LARD. It is basically ministry with Jello Barfia singing...cool group

Biafra (note spelling).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back