"I Need New 'Cans,'" the Newb Said...
May 17, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #61 of 68
I want to add, that carbon nano tubes can be dangerous to your health. They pretty much destroys cells by impaling them... I'm sure JVC must have sorted out the issue of keeping the nano tubes within the driver.. Or i hope
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway back to gaming. What you do is buy the monoprice. Then you use the rest of the budget on a sound card that can apply virtual surround, dolby and the like. Go have fun!!

May 17, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #62 of 68
There is a thread on the dangers of CNT, and down the road we are all going to Class Action JVC for giving us Mesothelioma... The TV ambulance chaser lawyers will have a field day... :D

On a serious note I think the CNT in the drivers is in a polymer so the risks are well reduced for us. Not so much for JVC employee who work with the raw materials though... But I would imagine they have an SOP for handling etc...

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #64 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now if you want to spend a little more on an amazing portable headphone get the JVC HA-S500 Carbon Nano Tube they will blow you away with the sound.
Check this thread here with over 6000 posts regarding them. Much better than the 8323's for EDM, smaller and look better too.
The only problem is you get them from Japan through eBay or Amazon and they take 3 weeks to arrive.
All for only $38 with $16 shipping in Black or GunMetal like mine.

Okay, so I'm about to buy these... Should I take the plunge? Its so hard to find a big review for these. Is it worth taking the extra $5 for the faster shipping?

May 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #65 of 68
3 full weeks to get mine with standard shipping. I don't know how sooner you would get them with the faster shipping... There is also a guy selling HM5 pads in the For Sale thread for $15 in the us, you might want to snatch those up as well if you are looking for a pair. Can't throw you a link on the mobile too much work to jump in and out of programs... :D

May 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:
3 full weeks to get mine with standard shipping. I don't know how sooner you would get them with the faster shipping... There is also a guy selling HM5 pads in the For Sale thread for $15 in the us, you might want to snatch those up as well if you are looking for a pair. Can't throw you a link on the mobile too much work to jump in and out of programs...
biggrin.gif

I already ordered them off amazon. For an extra $5, they will show up in a week, maybe a week and a half. I'm really excited to have these!

May 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #67 of 68
the jvc sz2000 is out and people are still buying the 500's

May 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #68 of 68
Possibly that the Z2000 is $400 might have a little to do with it... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back