I need more bass!!!
Dec 17, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #91 of 93

Quote:
Yea I agree you with you on that, Beyers are perhaps slightly on the laid-back side of neutral, bass is focused on very deep bass but lacking in mid to upper bass not giving a good balance but the biggest problem I had with them could be perhaps the recessed mids and then also having slightly on the brighter side highs and all this contributes to overall sound being perhaps a bit "thin" / boring sounding. They are good choice if you like having strong bass but quite clear sound at same time though. If I would EQ them I'd definitely try add more "weight" to them by boosting 125Hz - 2kHz range especially and lower the upper highs especially at 16kHz a bit and 8kHz perhaps just a tiny bit.

I ordered a "Like New" pair off ebay a few days ago and I'm dying from waiting on them to arrive. I will try your EQ considerations when I get them. I imagine that the Beyer headphones will need sort of a hump or small hill shape on the EQ options.

With the D1100s, I find that I lower the mid and high bass and raise the 32 bass quite a bit. 250Hz+ are all raised a little to varying levels.

Feb 26, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #93 of 93
Wow, after reading this thread, I think the D1100's are another contender for my headphone purchase list. Has anyone compared the D1100's to the HFI-580's?

I listen to a lot of pop music with my iPod so I'm interested in hearing about the differences in the mids/vocals of the D1100's. Generally I've read that the 580's have pretty clear mids/vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back