I Need help Picking Headphones
Aug 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hazebot

New Head-Fier
         I've been searching for a pair of headphones for a few days now and I'm stuck. I'm looking for headphones with great sound quality (nice bass); I will be mixing/mastering my own music on these (mostly dance/dubstep/electronic). Isolation is also important, I want something that can block at loud noises if I was to use these headphones for live djing/performing.

I have heard great things about the Ath M50's being good for mixing and studio use; but I am not sure how well they would be in a djing/live performance environment with extremely loud background noise. I have also Heard good things about the Aiaiai TMA-1 and Allen & Heath Xone XD-53, but I am not sure how great/accurate the sound quality is for master/mixing.

I'm probably asking for way too much for just one set of headphones but given my current situation I can only get one pair. If someone can please comment and recommend a set of headphones in the $200 price range it would be very much appreciated.

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Try out the Denon HP700.. Or the HP1000.. Guys here don't know but the Allen and Heath Xone DX53 and DX40 are rebranded.. Denons. But the Denons are cheaper and better looking. Imo.. The Denon HP700s are great bang per buck head phone the sound quality is on par with the M50 but cheaper.. And they are Dj cans.. The Hp1000s are the exact same can as the XD-53s..

You can get the Denon Hp700 for around $100 and the HP1000 for $130-$150ish.. Look around online for the best price.. Either way you can't go wrong on the SQ for your applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back