I need a reccomendation for a desktop amp.
Dec 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

tals

100+ Head-Fier
I need a desktop amp for my AKG K702, for (prefferebly) under 200$.
I am looking at the FiiO E11, the Hi-Fi Man EF2A. Any reccomendations for a good amp that is small in size and big in quiality?
It is gonna be pluged in with a 3.5MM cable directly from my computer output to the Amp, then out to my AKG K702.
Also it kinda must be listen on Amazon.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 17
The E9 should work, line out from the computer to the line in on the E9
Using the computers internal DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)

Computer cases have electrical noise inside them that can affect an analog audio signal
You get something that is a external USB/DAC/headphone amplifier.
Using the USB connection on your computer, will feed a digital audio signal to the external USB/DAC/Headphone amplifier.
were the DACs converts the signal from digital to analog , then sends it to the headphone amplifier.
free of the computer,s electrical noise.

Should be able to find something in your $200 budget.
Like the Fiio E7/E9 combo.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
Schiit headphone amps...

You won't get any schiit under $200.

Does your computer have a decent soundcard? If not i think a DAC would be worth considering since it makes a large impact on the sound too. The E17 is coming out any day now and would fit nicely into your budget and you could get the E9 (E19? i dunno) at a later date if you are unsatisfied.

If you are able to locate a seller i find that the Ubermuzik TinyTube DAC makes a really good DAC/AMP solution.

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
You won't get any schiit under $200.

Does your computer have a decent soundcard? If not i think a DAC would be worth considering since it makes a large impact on the sound too. The E17 is coming out any day now and would fit nicely into your budget and you could get the E9 (E19? i dunno) at a later date if you are unsatisfied.

If you are able to locate a seller i find that the Ubermuzik TinyTube DAC makes a really good DAC/AMP solution.

Last time i checked, which was milliseconds ago, i could get an Asgard for around $150.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #12 of 17
Dec 29, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 17
I would prefter under 200$ since shipping to israel is expensive. 
I have a pretty good sound card. Not high end but aint stock. 
So youre saying a FiiO E9(19 if it will be out soon)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back