I need a new Mouse! What do you recommend?
Jul 2, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #46 of 103
deathadder and qck+. All a man needs for a mouse and pad.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #48 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For others looking, I think the angle of the MS Natural Wireless Laser 6000 is the best I've used.

I am probably in the minority but while i like the features of this mouse it is not meant for left handed users. I use the MS Wireless mouse 5000.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #49 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been using a G5 for months. Couldn't go back to anything less (was using a V270 in css before that
eek.gif
)

Slightly off-topic but do any of you guys use a mousepad?

I always use one with a silicone pad for the wrist. I also use one for the keyboard as well.

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #51 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been using a G5 for months. Couldn't go back to anything less (was using a V270 in css before that
eek.gif
)

Slightly off-topic but do any of you guys use a mousepad?

CR102B.jpg
CR102B-a.jpg
CR102Bb.jpg

Jul 4, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #54 of 103
i've owned the mx500 and the logitech g5. just something to the mx500 I've always liked more. I prefer lighter mice, and I had previously opened up the mx500 and removed the weight from inside. The g5 (without any added weights) feels heavy, and the glide...just isn't what I liked. My roomates have between them a few dell mice, mx518, and mx 510. I must say I prefered both 510 and 518 over the g5, but not over the mx500.

-also while it doesn't score that high on the tests, I like the original Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 (the silver/off grey one, not the re-released black one) for general computer use. Gaming I stick with my g5, but comfort wise, I find the MS mouse more than adequate.

ESreality recently did some pretty intensive testing on alot of mice. The results can be found here The results kind of agree with my feelings, except my mx500 was running stock at 124/125 hz and not the boosted 1000hz.

Also, the deathadder in a more recent review placed above the mx500 based on the ESreality benchmark.

for mousepad i use a QcK+ (Clothpad). I had previous mousepads made of mtetal / aluminum. But they all had a clearance height that was a bit too high for comfort, as it would rub against my wrist and cause pain. To deal with the comfort issues I switched to a nice soft clothpad. Took me awhile to get used to the way the mouse moves on it...don't know if I like it more than other mousepads, or if I've just gotten too used to it over time.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #56 of 103
The MX510 or the 518, both of which can be found for <$30! Amazingly solid (my mx510 has survived quite a few trips in the cargo hold of an airplane) and responsive enough for playing precision shooting games. The interesting thing thing is that the dent-like finish actually fools the occasional person!

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #57 of 103
How do you OC a mouse & how do you get it to Malfunction speed?

Jul 4, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #58 of 103
MX518, G5, G7, Deathadder, anything would be good.

Make sure you have a good surface, I recommend the Xtrac Ripper. Its reasonably cheap, has more than enough space, and super smooth--but not so much you have to try and slow your mouse down.

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #59 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you OC a mouse & how do you get it to Malfunction speed?

to oc your mouse you can use included software(only for some mice) or this app here. You aren't really oc'ing the mouse just changing to polling rate of the usb port. To get a mouse the malfunction speed simply move it really fast...

When esreality benchmarked the mice they used this setup here and just plotted the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back