I need a new Mouse! What do you recommend?
Aug 6, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #76 of 103
I have MS optical mouse 3000.
I know, I know... I hate that cheezy tilting wheel thingy too. So I am not using that feature. Not much buttons. It's red side button sometimes is quite handy. Sort of basic mouse it is. But it is much better than MS optical blue or other mice at that level. No annoying cursor jumping problem with it that other cheap mice often have. 1000dpi is not a top-notch, so it is not a gamers mouse, but quite adequate for most applications. So I would say it is a good mouse at cheap price.

Aug 7, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #77 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deathadder (by a long shot)
Diamondback/Krait

Copperhead (worste by a long shot)

Hmmm..the Deathadder looks like my Intellimouse Optical 1.1 but way cooler. The other Razer mice looked to small, but I like this Deathadder.

deathadder_LRG2.jpg

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #78 of 103
Just want to weigh in with a big disapproval for the G5. Because of the 'tilt' feature and odd design of the scroll wheel, the middle button is next to useless. The scroll wheel's detents don't seem to have anything to do with its switches, so often you'll roll it one detent and it won't get picked up by the mouse, when you roll another detent, it scrolls twice the distance. As for the button, well it's stiff, and with the tilt wheel feature and broken scroll wheel you have an excellent chance of either tilting by mistake or scrolling by mistake. Who needs a tilt wheel anyway?!

It's absolutely atrocious and I can't believe I didn't return it when I first bought it, but I'm now looking to spend another $60 and toss this in the bin, it really is totally unusable, and I think I'm going to avoid Logitech mice in the future as a result. Such a basic feature being so bad is just unforgivable in a premium mouse. Should've got an MX518 instead...

Aug 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #79 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just want to weigh in with a big disapproval for the G5. Because of the 'tilt' feature and odd design of the scroll wheel, the middle button is next to useless. The scroll wheel's detents don't seem to have anything to do with its switches, so often you'll roll it one detent and it won't get picked up by the mouse, when you roll another detent, it scrolls twice the distance. As for the button, well it's stiff, and with the tilt wheel feature and broken scroll wheel you have an excellent chance of either tilting by mistake or scrolling by mistake. Who needs a tilt wheel anyway?!

It's absolutely atrocious and I can't believe I didn't return it when I first bought it, but I'm now looking to spend another $60 and toss this in the bin, it really is totally unusable, and I think I'm going to avoid Logitech mice in the future as a result. Such a basic feature being so bad is just unforgivable in a premium mouse. Should've got an MX518 instead...

I had the accidentl tilt problem before but I got used to it and no longer happens, havent had the scrolling proglem
cool.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #80 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm..the Deathadder looks like my Intellimouse Optical 1.1 but way cooler. The other Razer mice looked to small, but I like this Deathadder.

deathadder_LRG2.jpg

It really is a unique shape while being VERY ergonomic. I've used one, and it hands down is the best mouse available.

Aug 7, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #81 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the accidentl tilt problem before but I got used to it and no longer happens, havent had the scrolling proglem
cool.gif

I've had the mouse for about 6 months now and I still can't reliably middle-click. Mapping the left tilt to middle mouse and turning off the actual middle mouse button makes it a bit more usable, but I still find myself often accidentally scrolling while trying to middle click. When trying to click on links on a webpage it's incredibly annoying to have it scroll and make you miss your target.

I think I'll bin it and get a Razer soon. I've about had enough.

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #82 of 103
I won a new-in-the-box MX518, hopefully this one will work 100%!

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #83 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won a new-in-the-box MX518, hopefully this one will work 100%!

I'll wish you luck
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't believe the bad luck you've had so far trying to get a working mouse, usually I'm the one with bad luck.

I bought my MX500 refurb'd (I believe the seller was jusdeals or something like that) on eBay back around 2002, it came in just a bag with the s/n blacked out with a sharpie (which removes easily with hairspray
smily_headphones1.gif
) It's survived me all these years. The problems your having I can only imagine are do to the seller you've dealt with on eBay.

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #86 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can vouch for Logitech MX1000. Iv'e had mine for 18 months or so and never had an issue, all the extra buttons are very handy when they are programmed how you want, I can minimize, maximise, close windows, go forward or back through browser windows, page up, page down etc. Fit's my hand perfect, very comfy. Battery lasts weeks and recharges quick..

I have the MX1000 laser, and I hate it. The wireless has so many dead spots in it's reception range, it's horrible. And the laser is very finicky what surface it's on. Plus, it's very heavy for a mouse.

I am looking to replace my dying MS Intellimouse 3.0 (the right button is getting stuck a lot.) I've had it for many years, looks like the Death Adder may be a worthy replacement. Is it hyper sensitive like the other Razor mice? Can the sensitivity be dialed back, I don't want a mouse where I move it an inch, and it moves across the entire screen.

-Ed

Aug 10, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #87 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll wish you luck
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't believe the bad luck you've had so far trying to get a working mouse, usually I'm the one with bad luck.

I bought my MX500 refurb'd (I believe the seller was jusdeals or something like that) on eBay back around 2002, it came in just a bag with the s/n blacked out with a sharpie (which removes easily with hairspray
smily_headphones1.gif
) It's survived me all these years. The problems your having I can only imagine are do to the seller you've dealt with on eBay.

my eBay mice history:

1. Button one didnt work
2. Wheel down was "skipping", ie not scrolling on every turn
3. Button one was not working correctly, it either went no click or double click
4. TBA, it is "new in the box" , so it should work perfectly

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #88 of 103
i couldnt right click on my mouse... then i opened it up and cleaned it. a piece of dust was preventing it from clicking. It now works perfectly

Aug 10, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #89 of 103
logitech G5 hands down, still have my mx510 which i loved, but the G5 is such a joy to use, never thought i would really notice much of a difference, but i did

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #90 of 103
I love my new MX518! 1600dpi on the fly is sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back