I need a new Mouse! What do you recommend?
Jun 30, 2007 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 103

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
My old & much loved MS Intellimouse Optical v1.1A is getting wonky. The mouse wheel works fine, but its middle click no longer works, but everything else is fine.

I don't game alot, but I prolly will once I upgrade all my computer gear, (new mobo, cpu, ram, etc...)

What do you recommend?

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 103
razer diamondback. i have had it for a couple years and i am in love with it. i tried to "upgrade" to the razer copperhead once but i just did not like the feel of it.

i previously had a logitech mx510 which is nice too... so i'd recommend the mx518 to you if you like the feel of palming your mouse as opposed to finger-tipping it with razer mice

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you can find one, an Mx510

Thanks, that looks like a nice mouse! I bought just now on eBay, Buy It Now for $29.99 + $9.99 S/H

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 103
Jun 30, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Razer Deathadder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
razer diamondback. i have had it for a couple years and i am in love with it. i tried to "upgrade" to the razer copperhead once but i just did not like the feel of it.

i previously had a logitech mx510 which is nice too... so i'd recommend the mx518 to you if you like the feel of palming your mouse as opposed to finger-tipping it with razer mice

DOH! the MX518 is the newer version of the MX510...I should have waited abit before I did the Buy It Now on the MX510..oh well

I dont like the look (and prolly the feel too) of the Razer's

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 103
It's a good choice anyway. I'm using the Logitech MX500 and has a very comfortable grip to it, and it has some weight which is good. I didn't want to spend $40+ on a mouse and some has too goofy colors and 'cool' design you know what I mean, but this one is very good for gaming and sturdy buttons.

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 103
The Razer Deathadder currently has the best sensor on the market. And it's shape is directly based on the original Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, with the major difference being color of course and the rubberized coating.

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 103
Skip the G7 unless you like having to swap battery packs a lot (daily for me). I don't know how, but this thing seems to burn to power a lot faster than any other wireless mouse I've ever used. Responsiveness improvements are pretty minimal.

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #11 of 103
Is there really a need for high end mice if your not a gamer?

I use photoshop and illustrator a lot but mostly use my wacom for that. But if i'm doing simple photo correcting I use some white microsoft optical mouse. Works fine for my needs. But I was thinking I might need a new wireless usb mouse for my new notebook.

Those I take it those are not wireless?

EDIT: hmm some of those programmable buttons might come in handy for me. . . but then again my wacom has a mouse with programmable buttons.

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #12 of 103
Logitech MX Revolution...once you get used to its flywheel it's hard to go back to conventional ratcheting mouse scroll wheels.

Jun 30, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 103
I wish I could find a decent thumb-trackball. My old trackball is starting to wear out - dirt is accumulating on the rollers so much now that I have to clean it more than once a day, which is really annoying. I much prefer trackballs to mice. Unfortunately, no one seems to make trackballs anymore - at least not at any of the stores I've been to lately.

Jun 30, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #15 of 103
Looks like Logitech still makes a couple.

And besides the above MS model mentioned, don't forget the VerticalMouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back