I love the design of the Beats Mixrs, but absolutely hate the image Beats have, any advice?
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
I appreciate the suggestions guys. I'm thinking I didn't assert myself enough 
tongue.gif
 I absolutely HATE the image that Beats have created. I've listened to ATH-M50s, and I know they're a commonly suggested entry-level audiophile headset, but I'm looking for something designed like Mixrs. I've looked into the Noontec Zoros, and I like them and all, but I wanted something a little more "swively" like the Mixrs. I wasn't saying at all that I had the intention of buying them. 

So...does anybody have any suggestions? Like I said earlier, I happened upon the Reloop RHP-20s, but I'm not sure about them. Would they be good for playing from a phone (which, by coincidence, have the Beats EQ built in)?

If you want swiveling cups, get a Beyerdynamic DT1350. It's utilitarian in design but is actually quite gorgeous, and is easily the best portable headphone ever created.

The whole thing is made of nextel-coated aluminum except for the undersides of the headband for comfort reasons, making them very tank-like. The low end absolutely annihilates any "basshead" headphone, including Beats, the Sony XB line, V-MODA M-80, etc. They impart a certain tactility to instruments simply unheard of in any other can I've used, portable or otherwise. They have nearly instantaneous decay, making them very revealing, and they work well with any genre because they are neutral. They have unbelievable isolation and can be powered from anything, even my little iPod Nano could handle them with no issues. They're stable and comfortable as long as you don't mind on-ears; the pads are incredibly supple and soft. The bass resembles that of the LCD-2, nearly a completely flat line from 1 to 1000Hz, with an incredible amount of control. I'd reccomend it to anyone wanting a portable headphone of any kind.

Also I'd advise you to remove the Beats Audio from your phone if at all possible. The EQ is of terrible quality.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #17 of 17
Well I appreciate the reply, but its been a few months, and I picked up a pair of Philips O'Neill The Stretch headphones. I know they aren't quite up to audiophile specs, but I knew they were bassy and I picked them up for only $40, which is roughly 60% off of retail (thank god for TJ Mass). So I guess I'm good for now haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back