I love my re-padded MDR-7506's!! <3 DT250 pads
Feb 16, 2007 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
The DT250 pads are SO COMFORTABLE!

I just quickly replaced the pads and have not put in the cloth stuff in the middle back yet.

They are so comfortable, not so hot & sweaty feeling, and the bass is better, even with the cloth grills missing.
580smile.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 29

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 29
I been hearing alot about they Beyer pads for the V6/7506. Damn you Head-Fi, there goes another $25 (soon)
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadassBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I been hearing alot about they Beyer pads for the V6/7506. Damn you Head-Fi, there goes another $25 (soon)
biggrin.gif

You'll love these new pads!
3000smile.gif
I am SO HAPPY I found Head-Fi and tought me to mod/upgrade my 7506's & got me to buy some KSC75's which I also love
eggosmile.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #7 of 29
I went ahead and cut up my original Sony cushions to get the foam liner. The remaining stitches leave a thick edge. When you scoot it up under the Beyer cushion lips, they're rock solid and will not move. The highs are plenty piercing even with the liner in place.

The foam liner used to just be glued to the cushion and you could carefully pull it off, but now they're stitched. No matter - the original cushions' pleather is worthless, anyway.

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 29
did you guys try using the round, beyer foams that came with the dt250 pads?

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by iliketuna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What foams? My pads never brought foams... ???

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by iliketuna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i did, theyre round foam driver pads that came with mine (bought them at location sound) saves me the trouble of hacking up the old pleathers. i like the feel of velour, but the sound and clamp of mine... fatigue starts to set in after long sessions.

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just quickly replaced the pads

Anyone wanna give a quick how-to ?

Pics maybe ??
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #13 of 29
there's a great how-to here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96714

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkazndragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did, theyre round foam driver pads that came with mine (bought them at location sound) saves me the trouble of hacking up the old pleathers. i like the feel of velour, but the sound and clamp of mine... fatigue starts to set in after long sessions.

i guess you didnt try the sony foams yourself. the beyer foams are noticeably thicker and i was wondering if there was a sound difference between the two. like you, i didnt want to go through the trouble of hacking up the sony pads, but if it sounds better i just might.

the treble does get a little tiring after awhile... i think i'm too used to the senn house sound now. hope my 650 comes in soon!

Feb 18, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 29
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back