I just ordered the Sony CD3000 headphones
May 15, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #17 of 100
LTUCCI1924,

do not read a lot of SIE's post about his amp and headphones - you might get caught up to it too.......

May 15, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #18 of 100
Thanks man for your understanding, yes is true sometimes is not easy for me to write or try to express, what I really want to say, in the way I want to, with the right words, in that moment, and quick, maybe with a little bit more time it will be easier, but then another three or four guys posted after you, and then there is a whole mess around....lucky you that finally find the right amp and hopefully the right cans, for you, I'm still looking for it (amp), Emeline? RKV? Let's keep on trying, at the end, this is what is all about, preferences and personal "taste" .....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2003 at 5:43 AM Post #19 of 100
WOOHOO for you Lou! I think you are going to be one very happy camper with your latest purchase. I simply love the sound of the Sonys with the Gilmore V2 amp. It sounds really good when teamed together.

Congrats on the purchase, make sure to post some thoughts when they arrive and you get a chance to listen to them for a while.

May 15, 2003 at 6:13 AM Post #21 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
ServinginEcuador
HI: How are you? Thank you very much. I am just a bit worried that the Cd3000 are as dynamic as the AT A1000. I am hoping that the Cd3000 are a little tamer than the A1000 so I can listen to them for long sessions at a time. I could not do that with the A1000 because of their very dynamic sound.

I think you've made a good purchase. The CD3000 has brought my headphone-hopping to a halt (yes I know - only for now). Of course a lot depends on the source and amp, but when I went from the A1000 to the CD3000, I found that I could spend more time with the CD3K without the dynamic overload experienced with the A1000. Hopefully you will find this to be true as well.

May 15, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #22 of 100
Hi Lou...

Congrats on your purchase
biggrin.gif

I'd like to offer some advice... this is not meant to be a flame, or anything bad... just me giving you some of my knowledge
smily_headphones1.gif

If you don't like the CD3000s (or for that matter the HD590s) when you get them... think about your source before you sell them on... you've got a killer amp, will have killer 'phones... but your source could, if you're not happy ~ be far and away the weakest link... it will be seriously outclassed by your amp and 'phones...

Whatever... good luck with them, and I hope that they're all that you want them to be!
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2003 at 7:50 AM Post #23 of 100
Duncan has a good point. An MD deck is not an optimal source for the headphones and amp you have. However, since your amp has two inputs, you could buy a separate player (like a DVD963SA), and also use your MD deck. That's what I would do if I were you.

May 15, 2003 at 9:08 AM Post #24 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
Duncan has a good point. An MD deck is not an optimal source for the headphones and amp you have. However, since your amp has two inputs, you could buy a separate player (like a DVD963SA), and also use your MD deck. That's what I would do if I were you.

Poor ol' Lou, you guys are going to kill his wallet

May 15, 2003 at 9:37 AM Post #26 of 100
Quote:

Poor ol' Lou, you guys are going to kill his wallet

I was under the impression that it was my duty to destroy his wallet. Isn't that what Head-Fi is all about?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2003 at 4:09 PM Post #28 of 100
don't let them bring you down LTUCCI1924. my cd3000 sounds fantastic out of my mds-je780 md deck.

May 15, 2003 at 5:51 PM Post #29 of 100
lol Lou!
biggrin.gif

as I said before, I meant nothing bad... but I think you could be sat on one of the best combos within the whole of the head-fi circuit... sit tight if you can (if things don't sound how you want them to) on the CD3000s... and just audition some other CD players...

...Of course, if you get them and they sound kick-ass then more power to you for saving cash
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #30 of 100
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
lol Lou!
biggrin.gif

as I said before, I meant nothing bad... but I think you could be sat on one of the best combos within the whole of the head-fi circuit... sit tight if you can (if things don't sound how you want them to) on the CD3000s... and just audition some other CD players...

...Of course, if you get them and they sound kick-ass then more power to you for saving cash
biggrin.gif

I second this opinion. The CD3K is one of those headphones that has plenty of potential to sound even better as its source gets better - room to grow as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back