I just got the biggest bull**** citation..
Jul 4, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #31 of 100
Eh, don't worry too much about tickets. In April, I got one for making a U-turn in a business district. No oncoming traffic, made it slowly and cautiously, too. First one in nine years. Oh well.

Most tickets are civic fundraisers, don't take them personally.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #32 of 100
Haha what kind of bike do you have?

I guess to sum it up I am just venting and I have no problem paying the fine, I am just slightly annoyed as it is mandatory I go to court where they will tell me nothing I do not already know, or anything that will change my ways as they are usually safe.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #33 of 100
lets see...you're a teen...so you're targeted already..on top of it you have a real nice sporty car? thats gonna raise flags even more...i hate police that pull over people for dumb stuff as well...but i'd say you especially need to be extra careful...you might as well have a sign on your car that says "look at me police officers!!!"

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #35 of 100
You want to talk about bull**** citations? Try getting pulled over for an "illegal right turn on red" when the light was clearly yellow. Not to mention my mother was in the car and the cop started lecturing me about how I was "flying" (30 in a 30 is "flying"?) and I should slow down and that's points on my license and blah blah blah. First time I was ever pulled over and he decides to be an *** and gives me a ticket.

Needless to say, I went to court and had my ticket dropped to a seatbelt charge along with 99% of the other people there with traffic tickets. They obviously don't give a ****, they just wanted the cash.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #36 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
radardetector.net

get yourself a valentine 1 radar detector with the remote mounted display.

Also get Laser Interceptor laser jammer.

How would that help me? I was not speeding and he didn't even gun me, he just happened to be a few cars behind me.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #37 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would that help me? I was not speeding and he didn't even gun me, he just happened to be a few cars behind me.

it wont help you in this case....maybe for the future..but then again arent those types of things illegal in some states? if you got pulled over for something similar or something as small your tail light is out...wouldnt that warrant another ticket?

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #38 of 100
Quote:

He probably was running constant on radar and you would have been able to detect him. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but you most likely would have not accelerated so quickly if you knew he was there.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #39 of 100
It's either about money, or you really were a danger. It's all just a crapshoot, as some cops are nice, and others are jerks. Have I done stupid sht in a car? Yes. Did I get caught? No. Luck of the draw as far as I'm concerned. My first ticket will probably be something uber-stupid, like turning while a pedestrian is still in the crosswalk. Living in Berkeley, where there are tons of pedestrians and cops, suggests this is likely. Just remember, when the cop grills you: you were wrong, not him.
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #40 of 100
When you drive a car like an Evo, you are a target at all times. By driving in a manner that makes you stick out from traffic like that, you might as well have just walked up to the police station and asked for a ticket. No offense, but before you go whining about cops being unfair, you have to think about things a bit. It is not worth pulling stunts like that in city traffic. Speeding up was not the only way you could have made that turn; you could have slowed down and waited for an opening, or just gone past and made a U-turn. The city is not the place for radical maneuvers, even if they feel fun (and I'm sure they do in an Evo). I'm not telling you how to drive, just to think about the time and place before you decide to do something aggressive.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #42 of 100
I see what you are saying, but I was clear of everyone except the guy in front of me, also you are telling me to go further down the street and break the law in a different manner by making a U-turn.

Like I said I am angry I have to go to court. Seems like the tax dollars are put to good use.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #43 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you drive a car like an Evo, you are a target at all times. By driving in a manner that makes you stick out from traffic like that, you might as well have just walked up to the police station and asked for a ticket. No offense, but before you go whining about cops being unfair, you have to think about things a bit. It is not worth pulling stunts like that in city traffic. Speeding up was not the only way you could have made that turn; you could have slowed down and waited for an opening, or just gone past and made a U-turn. The city is not the place for radical maneuvers, even if they feel fun (and I'm sure they do in an Evo). I'm not telling you how to drive, just to think about the time and place before you decide to do something aggressive.

nicely put

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #44 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nicely put

Seriously... how many cars stand out like an Evo? And please tell me you don't have the huge wing on the back...
biggrin.gif
. It is a sweet ride, though. I drove one once, but that's another story (you'll all find out in due time).

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #45 of 100
Quote:

I see what you are saying, but I was clear of everyone except the guy in front of me, also you are telling me to go further down the street and break the law in a different manner by making a U-turn.

Like I said I am angry I have to go to court. Seems like the tax dollars are put to good use.

If this was the kick in the butt that you needed to become a bit more responsible driver, then it was tax dollars well spent. Although, I'd be pretty sure that the amount you'll need to pay for that ticket more than makes up for the costs associated with handing it out, so don't fret too much about tax dollars
wink.gif

I didn't tell you to make an illegal u-turn, in fact it was implicit in my statement that I mean a legal one (why on earth would I recommend braking a law, when the object is avoiding a citation?) However, the point was, I'm almost certain there was a better (though perhaps not faster) way to get where you were going.

I write this as a "recovering" aggressive driver myself. Not that I've ever had a major problem as a result of my driving, but I have come to realize that a lot of what we do simply isn't worth the risk, and doesn't save that much time. When I do need to kick out some jams behind the wheel, I save it for late night on a country road. I'm 24 and drive an Integra, so it's not as if we're coming from different places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back