I just got the biggest bull**** citation..
Jul 4, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #61 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not here, I go to Juvenile court and all...

I highly doubt that. I live in Ohio for half the year so am pretty familiar with all of their traffic laws and regulations.

Especially for a first time offender, there is no way you're going to "real" court. Yes, you have to show up at a real courthouse, but it will be like sheep and cattle, with maybe a hundred people lined up ahead of you waiting for the prosecutor to call your name and try to dismiss you so they don't have to waste everyone's time going to trial over a stupid traffic ticket.

If you want to be sure, scan your ticket and we can tell you, but I'd 99.999% guarantee you that the worst thing that can happen is that you plead guilty and have to pay the fine in full and points go on your drivers liscence.

BTW I agree that cops target kids (I'm 19), and especially kids in nice cars (when I'm driving my father's A8L it's ridiculous how many hard stares I get from cops), you're not exactly making yourself a difficult target. You have no police countermeasures, drive a hotrod car aggressively, and have no knowledge of local traffic laws. I got issued one ticket over a year ago before I knew anything, and after I got the ticket, I started to research. Now I have my car outfitted with the best radar detector out there, the best laser jammer out there, and a peaked and tuned CB radio setup. Now I know where 90% of the cops are on the road, and the 10% I don't, I can jam all the way to the gun (yes, I tested the jamming setup myself with a Laser Atlanta Pro Custom III police LIDAR gun).

I don't drive like an idiot, nor do I condone street racing or anything of the sort. But the fact is that most traffic tickets are for revenue generation (when was the last time you saw traffic flow in a 55mph highway at under 75?). Note that this time, you may have deserved a ticket, but I am speaking in general terms.

With your ticket, download a free form online for requesting a continuance, and mail it in to your courthouse with the request to postpone until a point several months in the future. Do this multiple times, as many times as you can until they deny the ticket (for me, I pushed back the court date over a year). When you do have to go to court, odds are your cop won't show and you get off without paying anything. If he does show, the prosecutor will still give you a great deal to get off with a reduced fine.

There are plenty of ways to both get out of your "bs" ticket as well as avoid getting them in the future. Simply complaining about it isn't a very effective one.

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #63 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by [zero] /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want to talk about bull**** citations? Try getting pulled over for an "illegal right turn on red" when the light was clearly yellow. Not to mention my mother was in the car and the cop started lecturing me about how I was "flying" (30 in a 30 is "flying"?) and I should slow down and that's points on my license and blah blah blah. First time I was ever pulled over and he decides to be an *** and gives me a ticket.

Needless to say, I went to court and had my ticket dropped to a seatbelt charge along with 99% of the other people there with traffic tickets. They obviously don't give a ****, they just wanted the cash.

Yes, traffic ticket is all about revenue, go to court and they will offer paying the fine, no record, no points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, that is a very nice car for a kid your age!

Yes, you are a very lucky kid.

Honestly you can have it worse. I did and I've posted my experience here in head-fi but just too lazy to dig it up. Basically, instead of just issuing me the tickets, he shout at me the moment he stand beside my car, not telling me what was my fault, and inflated my speed to make his citation justified.

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #64 of 100
If you have to step the pedal to the metal and swerve to the far right lane from the far left lane just to get an off-ramp, then you know you're not driving correctly. The officer was right.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #65 of 100
Are you complaining because the cops target you due to your age and car? Of course they do, you are 17 drive an Evo and made a somewhat incorrect maneuver.

That's just life and it is understandable that the cops suspects you more than a 40 years old person driving a corolla. I look like a middle eastern although I am of south asian origin, surprise surprise I always get targeted in the airports especially if I didn't shave in the morning. Is there any discrimination in both our situations? Hell yes, but as long as they speak to you respectfully, follow the protocols and rules, then they are just doing their job. At least you can buy another car to cool off their special interest in you, so stop whining please.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #66 of 100
I have had a cop tail me to try and get me to speed. Of course I did because it was late at night and I had no idea it was a cop. Excuses, excuses, I know. Luckily I know some of the cops because of my job and one was able to get me off with a warning.

I feel like you should have been offered a warning but nothing more. Yes you did speed up fast however you did not speed and did not cut people off by the sound of it.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #67 of 100
Just so everything's clear...

By your own admission you were driving recklessly with limited driving experience, yet it was your age and not your driving that got you the ticket? And also by your own admission you have no intention of changing the way you drive? Yes, you're right, I think this is "100% Grade A BS," but in a completely different way. I don't have a license right now, and if you don't want to end up in the same boat I'd recommend you take it a little more seriously when you get behind the wheel.

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #68 of 100
I agree with what you guys are saying but let me clarify something. I didn't really swerve across 3 lanes, I got into the one right next to me then I saw the lights and then got all the way over.

Also, I don't regularly drive like this, I realize driving is a privilege and not a right. Finally I was NOT speeding...

Oh well I got my court date pushed back to a time when I am in the country and most likely I will not even see a judge, I wouldn't be surprised if in traffic court in a few years you scan your ticket and you play a series of deal or no deal with the computer.

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #69 of 100
Quote:

I agree with what you guys are saying but let me clarify something. I didn't really swerve across 3 lanes, I got into the one right next to me then I saw the lights and then got all the way over.

Also, I don't regularly drive like this, I realize driving is a privilege and not a right. Finally I was NOT speeding...

Oh well I got my court date pushed back to a time when I am in the country and most likely I will not even see a judge, I wouldn't be surprised if in traffic court in a few years you scan your ticket and you play a series of deal or no deal with the computer.

heres the problem..at this point you're trying to rationalize your action. you agree with what most are saying..but you still are trying to rationalize what you did. whether you were speeding or not you made an aggressive move and drove recklessly.

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #71 of 100
I'm young, colored, look like someone who'll eat your children, live in Massachusetts, and I've only been pulled over once in my four years of driving. I simply don't give the cops a reason to hit me, I almost always drive the speed limit, don't make high-risk maneuvers, and roll around in an SUV. I'm too pitiful to ticket.

Jul 5, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #72 of 100
Quote:

I realize driving is a privilege and not a right.

Didn't know driving is considered a privilege in the US. Does the law suggest so or is it simply overzealous law enforcement? Having the police stalk you, waiting for you to do something wrong is simply outrageous.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #74 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't know driving is considered a privilege in the US. Does the law suggest so or is it simply overzealous law enforcement? Having the police stalk you, waiting for you to do something wrong is simply outrageous.

The law doesn't suggest so, it boldly proclaims it to be so. Which is bull, because we're forced to pay taxes used to maintain the infrastructure, whether we drive or not.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #75 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You never got pulled over until today, and yet you are targeted by police? Uhhh.

Pigs be haters yo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back