I just got the biggest bull**** citation..
Jul 4, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #46 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously... how many cars stand out like an Evo? And please tell me you don't have the huge wing on the back...
biggrin.gif
. It is a sweet ride, though. I drove one once, but that's another story (you'll all find out in due time).

yea...i'm not gonna lie...gotta say dont feel to bad for ya. it seems you're spoiled...i'm sure you're a nice guy...but with the type of car and only being 17..meh you prob deserved it
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #47 of 100
Yeah I know I just had to blow off some steam by making this thread. I did as much work on my punching bag when I got home as I did in the last year.

Its not really going to change how I drive, but I am going to sell the Evo, my parents weren't happy with it in the first place. I guess I could have got it worse but still. A warning would of had the same effect as me going to court.

I obviously would not say I am spoiled but I can see where others would come from. The reason I feel I am different from a lot of people in my position is I work hard in school, I try as hard as I can to be successful on my own, and I help out my mom around the house.

There is a lot more involved on why I have the car I do, and my current situation, and it would take a lot of explanation for everyone to understand, and even then IDK if everyone would understand or agree.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #48 of 100
Sorry man, I don't feel sorry for you. You sped, made an aggressive move and got pulled over. The cop is doing his job...keeping the street safe.

I have been pulled over before (never ticketed) and it makes you slow down. Now imagine if the cop did not pull you over and was called to an accident 15 mins later and you had killed someone...how would he feel?

I know that is an extreme, worst case scenario but I am sure it has happened.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #49 of 100
If you needed to get off the highway why were you in the left lane? Because that's where you speed and the cop knows that. Plus your 17 and drive a car that gillions of 17 year olds like to drive when they speed. You got lucky and didn't get a speeding ticket.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #50 of 100
I didnt get a speeding ticket because I was going the speed limit. Also read above as to why I was in the far left. A guy ran a red light and prevented me from turning at the green arrow further than the far left lane.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #52 of 100
when I used to ride my old ducati, cops pulled me over for no apparent reason (i.e going 55k in 60k zone, or turning left when left turn signal was on). I switched over to my current car, I haven't been pulled over in last 5 years.In your case, maybe the cop just had to ticket somebody that day.
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #55 of 100
Robb that is hillarious, but at least you didnt have to go to court
wink.gif
thats really the only thing I am mad about. lol

That reminds me of a scrubs episode where JD gets a DUI for pushing his scooter while intoxicated.

Robb it was because it is red, everyone knows people with red bikes peddle fast.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #56 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Robb that is hillarious, but at least you didnt have to go to court
wink.gif
thats really the only thing I am mad about. lol

That reminds me of a scrubs episode where JD gets a DUI for pushing his scooter while intoxicated.

Robb it was because it is red, everyone knows people with red bikes peddle fast.

Traffic court is a joke. You won't get within 100 feet of the courtroom. The prosecutor will call you into a little room before your trial and either outright dismiss your ticket, or offer you something like $20 and no points on your liscence.

They lose money the second you walk into the courtroom for a trial, so they do everythign in their power to keep you out of it.

I just had a $180 ticket from a year ago reduced to $50 and no points.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #58 of 100
From what you've mentioned, and while that's not the stupidest and most ticket worthy thing, I can see why the cop gave you a ticket. From what you'd said, what you did was unnecessarily and somewhat reckless. And yes, your age, appearance and car doesn't help you. Neither will getting the G37, to be honest. Furthermore, big deal if you miss the exit, you could have injured yourself and others. I hope you've learned your lesson and no I don't think it was simply a wrong place wrong time occurrence.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #59 of 100
Oh well, anyone know if I can just pay it and not have to waste my time in court. No ones life was in danger by me doing this except my own by the rare case I was shot while performing this action or suddenly fell asleep at the wheel

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #60 of 100
If you're polite you might get a warning. I'm betting you were irritated, he picked up on that, and you got a ticket. I'm gonna side on the cop's side. They don't pull you over for nothing.

Slow down kid... you've got your whole life ahead of you.

When I was 16 I did 75 in a 35mph zone at night. He came up and said "Going a little fast there werent' you?"

I said "I believe I was".

He said "You were going 75 in a 35 mph zone."

I said " I believe I was traveling too fast."

He wrote me up for 10 miles over the speed limit instead of the full ticket. Best to admit it all up front. Sometimes you get a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back