I just got the biggest bull**** citation..
Jul 4, 2008 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

Snicewicz

500+ Head-Fier
Okay so let me give you some background information, first of all I am 17 years old and as a driver I am targeted by the police. I have a decent speed car so I got up to speed in around 4.5 seconds. Third it is the night before the 4th of July and my towns huge firework celebration is tonight.

Basically, the road I was on is a very large, 4 lanes wide and traffic was moderate. I am on the far left lane and I need to get to the far right to get off on the free way. I floor it, get up to the speed limit 45 MPH and then I am looking to my right and I have to swerve right to avoid the guy suddenly slowing down.

There is no one near me on my right and I successfully get over. Next I see the fuzz behind me with their flashing lights. I pull over to the road, have my license and registration ready and hand it to him.

The officer says "Where are you going? You took off like a bat out of hell and made that lane change really quickly."

I responded home and I had to get all the way over politely and of course added sir.

He walks back to his car and I look out my drivers mirror and he sees me do it and shines the damn spotlight in it to blind me.

Then he comes back and he gives me a spiel about how even though he didn't get my speed, that would be within 1 MPH of the limit, he could have ticketed me for reckless driving and he could have impounded my car on the spot.

Instead, he says, he is being nice and citing me for "Change Lanes without safety."

Since I am 17 I have a scheduled mandatory court date 2 weeks from now. I happen to be leaving the country tomorrow and now have to go through the hassle of not only changing the date but showing up with my parents. This is my first offense and I think it is a joke.

This is how people waste their tax money, to pay officers that do this and mainly to pay for me to see a judge to show me a sesame street safety video?

I'm sorry I had to vent as I find this 100% Grade A BS...

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 100
Most states now "Aggressive Acceleration" aka foot to the floor is not only reckless driving but also is speed racing. If you wanna drive fast save it for the track or save it for the Autobahn =P

btw do you mean 0-45 in 4.5 or 0-60?

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 100
0-60, and I know but it was the only way I could get over. I am sure it wasn't that fast because I had 2 other people in my car...

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like the officer had a legitimate concern, but I think you just deserved a warning.

That's what I was thinking, like this guy doesn't have anyone else to pullover, idk maybe someone who is drunk? He spent 10 mins sitting in his car with my license. He kept asking if the car was mine... it just pisses me off.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 100
Quote:

Okay so let me give you some background information, first of all I am 17 years old and as a driver I am targeted by the police.

You get pulled over often? How do they know your age, you got one of those "I'm 17, don't **** with me pigs" bumpers stickers?

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 100
I have 3 children and know their driving is sometimes too aggressive. Believe it or not, police officers usually "target" teenagers because of their aggressive driving. I personally don't think they are out to get you, but to protect you. You'll find out when you have children of your own.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #9 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 3 children and know their driving is sometimes too aggressive. Believe it or not, police officers usually "target" teenagers because of their aggressive driving. I personally don't think they are out to get you, but to protect you. You'll find out when you have children of your own.

Or like me have Totaled a car due to that driving
wink.gif
learn the hard way.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second this 0-60 in 4.5 is a hell of a feat.

This could go one of two ways - the OP could have something like an M5 in which case I would feel bad for him, or a riced out Civic with a whale tail and a fart pipe, in which case I applaud the cop.

Yes, I am biased.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #11 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what car do you have?

I just sold my 07 G35x and bought a modded Exo IX. With the gas mileage though I realize it must go too and I am going to sell it and get a G37S.

Also they can see who is driving a car, so yes I feel as if I am targeted, wether it be for my safety or not none the less I feel targeted.

I can see if I put other drivers in danger but I cleared the cars by far which is what I was trying to do. Yes you may be biased against my car because of its "whale tail" although I dont think evos are all that bad in that subject.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #12 of 100
The guy was unfair, sure, but at least you know not to pull that again. And if they're just targeting you because of age, then consider yourself lucky....

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #13 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This could go one of two ways - the OP could have something like an M5 in which case I would feel bad for him, or a riced out Civic with a whale tail and a fart pipe, in which case I applaud the cop.

Yes, I am biased.

hahah word or a 02 z06 or a e46 m3 or a miata with a fatty turbo or so on and so forth
wink.gif

though at 17 if he has a m3 or a m5 or a z06 he should know how to drive better =P

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #15 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the amount of money you apparently have, I doubt gas is a concern. An Infiniti G37 at age 17? Where do you work? Please don't tell me your parents bought it...

I really don't want to get into this.

Yes my parents bought the car but the deal was I pay for gas, and I do not work because they actually do not want me to work.

And part of me going out of the country (leaving tomorrow) is to meet some of my dads friends because I have been working on ideas for my own clothing company and I have to talk to them about it and show them some designs and concepts I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back