I just don't trust these HD650s as being legit
Mar 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 43
Just buy them with a credit card that offers full protection. If I buy a fake set, broken ones, get ripped off, etc., I just have the charges reversed. There's zero risk with the right card.

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you figure they don't have a return policy? If they are defective they will either replace them or refund your money if it is within 7 days so that is a return policy even if it is a poor one. Sure, I can't return them just because I don't like them but that is not an issue for me and a lot of online stores charge up to 25% restocking fee to do that anyway. The price is very good for Canada so I must give them some serious consideration as a source. $200.00 less outweighs any return policy in my book. I just want to make sure they are legit.

Let me put it in another way: if it was me, I would contact them to clarify the paragraph below, taken from their return policy, and keep the answer in a safe place, just in case. For me, they don't make it clear whether they will refund the money or not, if that's the case. Most of their return policy applies to Minidisc and mini-disc players, and the paragraph below is a bit "fishy".

"(...) We guarantee all products will arrive in working condition however all sales are final. We cannot refund your order. This is because many products models change frequently and are often not available. If a defective product arrives you have 7 business days to return it after which we will send you a functional replacement or issue a refund. In order to return an item, please contact us to receive an RMA number. Returns without RMA numbers will not be accepted. (...)"

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #19 of 43
That paragraph does sound a bit fishy. I am probably going to buy my HD650s from a Head-Fi sponser. I might pay more, but I wouldn't want to take a risk, especially with these.

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #20 of 43
If you really want to buy from them, you can try emailing Sennheiser and asking them if they're authorized to carry these headphones, or if they're real. I'm sure Sennheiser would like to know about it if they're carrying counterfeits.

Mar 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #22 of 43
I don`t really see any reason to be suspicious about those..

Yes, if you don`t do any shopping around you`ll mostly just find the HD650 for $600-$650 CAD, but that`s just like if you do a simple google search you`ll see them for $499 USD at most places. But any savvy shopper still ends up getting them for like $320-400 new.
$437 CAD is about $350 USD.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean, look at the price. [size=xx-small]CAD:[/size] [size=x-small]$437.85[/size] In Canada the HD650 cost between $600.00 CAD and $650.00 CAD (which is way overpriced by Sennheiser Canada themselves and not the stores) at any sore I have seen (online and retail) so how is it possible for this store to sell them for so much less if they are legit Sennnheiser headphones? I would love to buy them at that price but how can I be sure I am getting the real product and not a counterfeit? That store changed names recently too which also makes me a bit suspicious. They used to be called Minidisc-Canada.

HiFi Headphones

I bought mine there and they're perfectly fine. I've listened to what I know to be real HD650s on display at a store once and they sounded exactly like mine, so unless they're rreeeeeeally good fakes...

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #24 of 43
It would be way too much hassle to make a fake HD650, the market is small and knowledgeable.

As for warranty issues, even if Sennheiser won't honour them because you didn't buy from an AD, if something breaks, you can just buy a replacement part, since the design is very modular. That said, they are likely to last their useful life without issues! Who knows, a year from now you might get bored of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almoxil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me put it in another way: if it was me, I would contact them to clarify the paragraph below, taken from their return policy, and keep the answer in a safe place, just in case. For me, they don't make it clear whether they will refund the money or not, if that's the case. Most of their return policy applies to Minidisc and mini-disc players, and the paragraph below is a bit "fishy".

I think they are just trying to discourage people likely to buy on a whim by stating up front that they don't give refunds. If the product is broken then policy or not, if they can't replace it they must provide some sort of refund!

Only a shady business or an outright scam would do otherwise, and since someone here has bought HD650s from them, I would assume the store is legitimate.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just buy them with a credit card that offers full protection. If I buy a fake set, broken ones, get ripped off, etc., I just have the charges reversed. There's zero risk with the right card.

Yes, I have such a Visa card but I could get fake headphones and never know it because I have never heard HD650 before.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBF3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don`t really see any reason to be suspicious about those..

Yes, if you don`t do any shopping around you`ll mostly just find the HD650 for $600-$650 CAD, but that`s just like if you do a simple google search you`ll see them for $499 USD at most places. But any savvy shopper still ends up getting them for like $320-400 new.
$437 CAD is about $350 USD.

In the U.S, it is very easy to find good deals but it's a completely different story up here in Canuckistan. There is not one store where I live that even has a better headphone than the Senn HD555 on their shelves, just to give you an idea of how badly it sucks. I couldn't find one online store in Canada that even sells beyedynamic and had to order them from the U.S. and that store sent me DT990pro instead of the DT990 2005 that I ordered so don't want to have to deal with U.S. stores again.

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only a shady business or an outright scam would do otherwise, and since someone here has bought HD650s from them, I would assume the store is legitimate.

Who here has bought from them? If that is the case then I will probably go ahead and buy from that store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back