I just don't trust these HD650s as being legit
Mar 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who here has bought from them? If that is the case then I will probably go ahead and buy from that store.

See Oggranak's post on pg 2. He said that he has bought from there w/o problems.
FYI you might be able to buy from J&R , a totally legit store and popular with fellow head-fiers. They have the HD 650 there for only US$319.99.
Sennheiser HD650 Stereo Headphone in Corded Headphones at JR.com

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought mine there and they're perfectly fine. I've listened to what I know to be real HD650s on display at a store once and they sounded exactly like mine, so unless they're rreeeeeeally good fakes...

Good to know. Thanks.

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voohoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See Oggranak's post on pg 2. He said that he has bought from there w/o problems.

I missed his post, thanks for pointing it out to me. I think I will order from there then.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Interesting, but it is hard to buy HD580 now because they are a discontinued model and sourcing the parts and time taken makes it not a worthwhile endeavor for me.

you didn't get what my point was.

this has nothing to do with 580.

order all the parts (my page has them in photos) and snap them together. no 'upgrade' just a total order of parts that you snap into place. no soldering or even tools (just 2 working hands).

you cannot buy one for cheaper than the cost of parts and you save $100 or more this way.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Like where? That store is the only one I have found that sells them below $600.00 in Canada. I bought my beyerdynamic DT990pro from the U.S. but it wasn't exactly a good experience and I see that store has now been removed from Amaozon.com as a dealer, probably because of complaints like mine about them.

It says they warranty them for 1 year and there are no refunds given.

"We guarantee all electronic products will arrive in working condition however all electronic sales are final. We cannot refund your order. This is because many products are very hard for us to obtain and often come from overseas. If a defective unit arrives you have 7 business days to return it after which we will send you a functional unit or issue a refund."

Try Axemusic; they are an authorized Sennheiser dealer that sells the HD650 for under $600 CAD. The last time I checked they had stock, however I am not certain if there are any left. You could try placing an order with them if they don't. I think you've missed my point on the warranty issue though. I am referring to warranty from Sennheiser not the vendor; does Sennheiser honor warranty if the product is purchased from that store?

Mar 29, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #38 of 43
I suspect they're not fake. They could be gray market, though, which might mean that the manufacturer would not honor the warranty if they needed service of any kind. Always do your homework on prices that are too low to believe.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #39 of 43
They are $535.95 CAD at that Axemusic which is $100.00 more than the site I posted. Almost ordered from JR Misc at $319.99 USD but then realized if I buy from the US then that means no manufacturer warranty at all so don't see any benefit by going that route. I'll think about it a bit more but right now I am leanig towards the site I posted seeing as someone here bought from them and had no issues. Thanks all.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #40 of 43
HD650 go for 320$US in the states which is about 400$CAD. I see no problem, you're just used to the greedy Canadian HiFi retailers.

I bought my denons for 300$ at crutchfield canada, and they are now 350$

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you didn't get what my point was.

this has nothing to do with 580.

order all the parts (my page has them in photos) and snap them together. no 'upgrade' just a total order of parts that you snap into place. no soldering or even tools (just 2 working hands).

you cannot buy one for cheaper than the cost of parts and you save $100 or more this way.

how much does sennheiser charge for the headband and the rest of the headphone frame? less than the cost of a hd580?

a used hd580 goes for 130-150. $80+shipping for two hd650 drivers. another $20 if you want a hd650 cable and hd650 headband padding. that puts you in used hd650 range. oh, and you get a storage box with the hd650 too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #43 of 43
So did you bought the HD650 from there or you bought one from the USA ? We really don't have good prices for headphones in Canada... I'm afraid of all the fees I might have to pay if I order from USA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back