I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Apr 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #3,451 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascariss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soozieq, it wasn't the fuss, I knew the X was a great player, just the price was not what I wanted.

Oh, the price was horrendous for some people. And I remember you were waiting for it to come down before getting it. The trouble with Sony is that their models disappear into a black hole really fast (as we know) so people who were saving for them tend to find out they've been discontinued after a few short months.

The X is almost one year old and still going strong (is that a record for a Sony dap??). My A808 was obsolete as soon as I opened the packaging
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #3,452 of 3,761
Well I finally caved in and purchased 1 myself, now I can't wait till Thurs for it to get here. I'm afraid I might have missed out on it if I didn't jump, but is my wallet hurtin!!!!!

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #3,453 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by azndmp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have a nice EQ settings for Sony X with Monster turbine Pro Gold or Copper
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Copper here and everything is off in the X.

But I would like to see other opinions

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #3,454 of 3,761
well the X series is now no longer available on the canadian sonystyle website, I guess this means something new is coming? I got lucky with my X, and with the price, so if you see a good deal on an X, I suggest one grabs it, it is a solid player.

Apr 26, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #3,455 of 3,761
I buy my sony X just a week ago and i totally like it sound so awesome good.
Compared to sansa clip and bad creative x-fi which both i got from my friend.
Anyways i like sony flat on the EQ setting, but i have CB +2 and Clear Stereo on.
Anyone here use Dynamic Normalizer? (i dont)
But there was one guys here that sayed he like best the EQ on +1,0,+1,+1,+1 and cb+2.
I tryed that out on james morrison hole album Songs for You Truths for Me.
Ohh man i like that EQ setting compared to flat.
It kinda gave it abit more depth/Dynamic in the sound pluss overall abit clear and crispy.
Btw i use monster turbine pro gold.
But I would like also to see other opinions on this and what EQ you guys use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zyThuM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Copper here and everything is off in the X.

But I would like to see other opinions

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #3,456 of 3,761
Quote:

I buy my sony X just a week ago and i totally like it sound so awesome good.
Compared to sansa clip and bad creative x-fi which both i got from my friend.
Anyways i like sony flat on the EQ setting, but i have CB +2 and Clear Stereo on.
Anyone here use Dynamic Normalizer? (i dont)
But there was one guys here that sayed he like best the EQ on +1,0,+1,+1,+1 and cb+2.
I tryed that out on james morrison hole album Songs for You Truths for Me.
Ohh man i like that EQ setting compared to flat.
It kinda gave it abit more depth/Dynamic in the sound pluss overall abit clear and crispy.
Btw i use monster turbine pro gold.
But I would like also to see other opinions on this and what EQ you guys use.

Hi azndmp
How do the turbines sound with ur Sony x. Are they loud enough to go with the X. Do they sound open/spacious?
And yes using the EQ does make an instantaneous impact on the observed SQ,but then finally after some listening sessions........ NAAHHH lets get back to flat. And typically with sony players if you use CB & pump the volume in excess of 20-22, it starts clipping badly. Similarly with Dynamic normalizer, it actually destroys the dynamics & everything sounds artificially boosted.
The clear stereo actually shifts the overall sound positioning to the centre by a very small degree, thereby narrowing the stereo seperation.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #3,458 of 3,761
Sony x sound perfect with my golden turbine.
I mean they helps the bass to sound even better and still controlled.
Overall better and turbine sounds amazing with guitar sound and sony x even makes the guitar sound SOOO amazing.
BTW if i remember correct all other mp3 i have tried out having trouble bringing vocals out.
Like the hole soundstage it is bright and light.
Sony x dont have any trouble with this.

They are definitely loud enough with Sony x, i start with volum 16 and after some tracks i tend to turn volum down 14><.
If i turn the volum to 20-22 i think i will bleed out from my ears.
I havnt notice it starts clipping badly.

Yes they sound open/spacious, the instrument separation are so good and clean while it is detailed.
Those factor helps it sound open and spacious, dont get me wrong that isnt the only factor but the wideness it self is large enough.
Someone sayed that sony x will open abit more when it is burn in i havnt used it much yet.

And i agree with: Similarly with Dynamic normalizer, it actually destroys the dynamics & everything sounds artificially boosted.

i have mine on EQ flat now and CB +2 more then that bass isnt that tight and good anymore.
And it help to turn off the The clear stereo it opens abit more,because when played with it a while back it did sound like it did narrowing the stereo seperation.
But thought maybe it just my imagination.

Remember different eartips have a impact factor on SQ and the volum it self.
I use Sony EPEX10A/blk Hybrid eartips they suit me perfect the seal is so good that it gives a vacuum pressure when take them out.
For me they bring the best SQ and are really comfortable.
I`m w8 for the new white supertips that are on it way to me now thanks for SoundMatters12!.
Maybe they will be the best eartips for SQ and comfortable.

Anyways i not a sony fan this is my first sony product and it is the best mp3 player i ever listen 2 awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oyster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi azndmp
How do the turbines sound with ur Sony x. Are they loud enough to go with the X. Do they sound open/spacious?
And yes using the EQ does make an instantaneous impact on the observed SQ,but then finally after some listening sessions........ NAAHHH lets get back to flat. And typically with sony players if you use CB & pump the volume in excess of 20-22, it starts clipping badly. Similarly with Dynamic normalizer, it actually destroys the dynamics & everything sounds artificially boosted.
The clear stereo actually shifts the overall sound positioning to the centre by a very small degree, thereby narrowing the stereo seperation.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #3,459 of 3,761
I use the dynamic normaliser sometimes; if I'm on the subway or another noisy environment ánd I listen to a mix over different albums, it does a great job keeping everything app. the same volume. But for attentive listening, always off.

With my IE8s (that sound quite crispy with the comply T400 tips) I keep everything off as well.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #3,460 of 3,761
The dynamic normalizer , what it does is amplify the mid tones & the lower highs to a very high extent, upper treble by a bit. Now the final output actually sounds quite energetic & fuller but it also takes away the awesome fluid tone that the sony posses. Also if we carefully notice the impact of Dy. Nor. on bass we'll find that it becomes quite rolled off & it doesnt have the same weight & extension at the very low end. However the mid bass does sound bit fuller.
Overall DY. Nor. works best with old recordings where some detail can be pulled out.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #3,461 of 3,761
comply T400 tips on my MTPG sounds like some of the details on high tones to disappear and bass to be muddy, not as tight and controlled as it was.
Do to the foam sounds leak out and the sound signature becomes more bright.
Compared to ex Sony hybrid, you have to turn volum up 2 notch to maytain the same volum.
Maybe your SQ can even be better with other eartips dura
smily_headphones1.gif
and i even found that sony hybrids more comfortable then comply T400.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #3,462 of 3,761
Attachment 29094

Attachment 29095BTW if i remember correct all other mp3 i have tried out having trouble bringing vocals out.
Like the hole soundstage it is bright and light.
Sony x dont have any trouble with this.

& yes even I am yet to hear a dap with better mids than the sony although the same cant be said about treble. In search of better SQ i recently purchased touch3g but all in vain. The mids suck........almost no depth, as if the apple doesn't know if there is a third dimension as well & this was in comparison to sony A726. I can't even imagine how good the X sounds
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #3,463 of 3,761
Quote:

comply T400 tips on my MTPG sounds like some of the details on high tones to disappear and bass to be muddy, not as tight and controlled as it was.
Do to the foam sounds leak out and the sound signature becomes more bright.
Compared to ex Sony hybrid, you have to turn volum up 2 notch to maytain the same volum.
Maybe your SQ can even be better with other eartips dura
smily_headphones1.gif
and i even found that sony hybrids more comfortable then comply T400.

Hi, I had the hybrids for the past 6 months, switched to the complys last week. I prefer the complys now; I use my DAP especially when commuting and the complys give better isolation, and so let me hear more of the music. Also the complys give a better damped bass then the hybrids IMO. Treble is slightly more edgy though, but acceptable.

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #3,465 of 3,761
Can I access all of an artist's songs, or a year's, album's, just from the now playing menu on the X?

With the A series I can scroll down to the artist, album, year, and see all songs from each category and then either play a different one, or select the new selection for the now playing range.
It's a VERY handy feature and it would sell me on the X if that were the case...
biggrin.gif

EDIT: IF I can find them in Europe. Are they even still sold..? :s They're not on any of the Amazon (de, fr, uk) and I can't find other online stores that have them... :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back