I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Dec 6, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #2,701 of 3,761
Hiss levels I've noticed on my NWZ-S616F...

ER6i: Didn't seem to bother me
RE0: Nothing
Super.Fi 5 v2: OFF THE CHARTS

So I'm guessing it's got a lot to do w/ the headphones in question? IIRC, the Ety's w/ the Sony X didn't bother me either.

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #2,702 of 3,761
one thing the battery if just playing music goes on and on and on and on

put it to "burn in" just playing all music driving my headphones last night - at 3/4 charged, about midnight or so - now 17:00 hours- so 17 hours later and its down to 1/2 battery
smily_headphones1.gif
!

not sure if I believe in burn in or not - but the sony was sounding very good but a bit closed in - from a brief listen a while ago this seems to have improved - but could well be placebo - a few hours playing over night doesn't cost anything so worth a try
smily_headphones1.gif
!

Mark.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #2,703 of 3,761
I had a problem with my x1050 since I bought it, 4 months ago.
The problem only occurred only on restricts set of albums. The problem was when I selected any track of one of those albums the X was completed frozen after 5 seconds reproduction. The solution was to click the Home button for some seconds to force the X to reboot. However there was a workaround to avoid this problem, right after of the track selection if I selected the context menu, the back button or whatever menu the X was able to reproduced any tracks. This was a workaround that works fine for me until the last firmware update.
Yes, I said it worked until the last firmware update because now I don’t have any problem with tracks reproduction with any of the “frozen” albums.

And another thing, I did the firmware update because my X suddenly stopped to recognize any touch on the display. It was a very weird situation because it was working and one minute later it stopped to work without any kind of accident, like falling to the floor...

For my experience (for the first problem that I described) I think that Sony fixed some bugs with this new firmware update.

My second problem was dealt with the update, as well. I think that the X was in invalid “internal state” which was reset during the update.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #2,704 of 3,761
FYI - Don't recall seeing this mentioned in this thread. Content Transfer Software (ver. 1.3) is available here

As per Sony Style

Content Transfer Software (version 1.3) 12/03/2009 1.3 57.88 MB
NA for
Download Taxi
This utility installs Content Manager Software version 1.3 and provides the following improvements over version 1.2:
Adds support for Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system.
Adds support for data transfer from iTunes® 9.0

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #2,705 of 3,761
I've received my 32GB x1060 from Amazon UK, on the special deal. My previous DAP was a iPod Nano 2G.

I haven't had a proper chance to listen to it yet, but the small amount I've heard has blown me away. My headphones are Atrio M5 ver 1.

Listening to some of my bass-heavier music eg dubstep on a normal EQ with ClearBass set to +1 is really impressive. The bass is completely different - not only louder, but so much more defined and apparent. This sounds better unamped than iPod did going through my GoVibe V6.

Thoroughly impressed!

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #2,706 of 3,761
Well i'm back in the fold too!

Jumped ship several months ago and went old school and bought a Sony HD-1. But it's just not cutting the mustard at all!
I don't see what people find so great about this player?

When i saw the amazon deal, after the £50.00 cashback and free cradle i just had to buy it!

A second bite at the cherry then :wink:

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #2,709 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
£50 cashback runs till sometime in January - form is on Sonys webiste- will dig link out

been listening to my X1060 today - and it sounds absolutely sublime
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Buckster glad to see you liking it!! You could have been having such sublime moments from way back when hahaha.

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #2,710 of 3,761
lol - keepin gtrack on my Honeyboy
smily_headphones1.gif
!

yup - I thought at 230 odd it was overpriced

at 150 aftercash back its a no brainer

the GUI is no-where that of my Ipod Touch though - almost had to get the manual out the other day !!

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #2,711 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol - keepin gtrack on my Honeyboy
smily_headphones1.gif
!

yup - I thought at 230 odd it was overpriced

at 150 aftercash back its a no brainer

the GUI is no-where that of my Ipod Touch though - almost had to get the manual out the other day !!

haha once you get the hang of it. It's very easy to use. I was bored with the ipod touch's GUI so the sony was quite refreshing to me. You guys are so lucky to be getting such good deals.

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #2,712 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha once you get the hang of it. It's very easy to use. I was bored with the ipod touch's GUI so the sony was quite refreshing to me. You guys are so lucky to be getting such good deals.

thanks

sound quality is distinctly warm - which is a surprise for a Sony device - reminds me of my IPOD 5.5G - that sort of warmness but with more clarity than the IPOD could ever deliver.

and very very powerful sounding, the X series are certainly not lacking power from their headphone out ... the 5mW is very misleading

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #2,714 of 3,761
Noob question

This has got an internet browser (awful by all accounts) but can I easily listen to online radio sites using the browser? (i.e not slacker)

Gutted I missed out on the amazon deal, found out about it yesterday (kinda puts me off buying now) but at least I have the 50 quid cashback which I wouldnt have known about but for this forum!

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #2,715 of 3,761
there is very good deal at Advancedmp3players at the moment I think - 32gig for price of 16gb, + a -10% discount, then cashback as well

have a search across other forums for deal - I think what I've written is correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back