Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read this on the same forum
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL!! Thanks, just checking!
ksc75smile.gif

Just a few more questions:

1) Some people at "another forum" (I'll keep them anonymous this time
devil_face.gif
) claimed that, during normal playback, you cannot drill down by Album, Artist, Genre or Year (like you can in the older Sony Walkmans)....is this true?

2) If you load a considerable amount of music on the player (say 25gb out of 32)...has anyone noticed any sluggishness in response times/loading times, etc?

3) Are the manual buttons on the player responsive or difficult to use? On that same "other" forum, a few people were commenting that you have to press the buttons 2,3,4 times before you get any action......I hope THAT'S not true!! Otherwise,
o2smile.gif
will turn into
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #2,357 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_Anonymous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL!! Thanks, just checking!
ksc75smile.gif

Just a few more questions:

1) Some people at "another forum" (I'll keep them anonymous this time
devil_face.gif
) claimed that, during normal playback, you cannot drill down by Album, Artist, Genre or Year (like you can in the older Sony Walkmans)....is this true?

2) If you load a considerable amount of music on the player (say 25gb out of 32)...has anyone noticed any sluggishness in response times/loading times, etc?

3) Are the manual buttons on the player responsive or difficult to use? On that same "other" forum, a few people were commenting that you have to press the buttons 2,3,4 times before you get any action......I hope THAT'S not true!! Otherwise,
o2smile.gif
will turn into
frown.gif

1) Yes, it's true. You can't scroll down anymore

2) It takes a long time to load 25GB music, but it's not slow in creating the library once it's done.

3) I think the buttons are very easy to use
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #2,358 of 3,761
I can confirm that this just shows up as a mass storage device. However, transfer speed is pretty poor
frown.gif

Does anyone have a decent way of syncing with itunes? I currently use itunemywalkman but this is incredibly slow - left it running all night and it was still 'comparing' with the itunes library and hadn't even started copying files by the morning!

frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read this on the same forum
biggrin.gif

Hi kage-
What did you hate about the Zune HD? I'm going to try one side by side with my X soon, and since I have the same C710's, I'm curious to know what you didn't like about the Zune. I had the Zune 80/120 and preferred the X over them by a long shot, but I didn't hear them with my C710's at the time
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #2,359 of 3,761
you could just drag and drop from itunes; i never sync my ipod and have only ever drag and dropped from itunes to any non-apple player i have owned. works blessedly, but speed; if that is your concern, will cause you trouble as the sony is so slow for transfer.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #2,360 of 3,761
I just can repeat what i already wrote: on my iMac sync or copying files to the the X is very fast, just imho equal when not even faster as my iPod Touch (2G).
Dunno what´s with Windows, can only tel my experience as mac-user
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #2,361 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by abadr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can confirm that this just shows up as a mass storage device. However, transfer speed is pretty poor
frown.gif

Does anyone have a decent way of syncing with itunes? I currently use itunemywalkman but this is incredibly slow - left it running all night and it was still 'comparing' with the itunes library and hadn't even started copying files by the morning!

frown.gif

Since the majority of my files are AAC I just drag and drop from itunes using Content Transfer and the speed is comparable to transferiing music to the touch if not faster.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #2,362 of 3,761
I am going to buy a Sony mp3 (i got an D2 atm) I am chosing betwean the S739 or the X1050 but i really cant decide, how is the bass on the X1050? I read that X1050 got deeper bass then S739, what would you pick if you were a bass loving man?
k701smile.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #2,363 of 3,761
X is a BEAST!!!!!!!!

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #2,364 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I lose my x1061, I would definitely repurchase it, not S9.

I broke my first X, bought an s9 and returned it the next day and got the X again. S9 has very good sound, however the X edges it out IMO, in addition the touch screen of the x is more responsive and the UI pretty well thought out. Good luck getting a playlist on the s9 it's hit and miss

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #2,365 of 3,761
Is it just me or are the headphones that ship with the X really good? Not as good as my se530's but since I've allowed them to burn in I've been listening to them almost as much as the shures. Definitely better that the EX700''s I bought a while back and was never able to listen to because of harshnes.

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #2,367 of 3,761
last night i bought the Fiio E5 and tested it to my stock sony earphone, i've noticed good improvement, the sound stage become wider and present, the bass increased and most of all the vocals becomes more up-front.

also combining (sony x-1050 + fiio e5 + klipsch gmx 2.1) = amazing sound quality, it's having a concert inside my room...

i'm planning to upgrade my earphone, due to lack of bass and isolation.

my options are:
1.) victor fx500
2.) klipsch s4
3.) ue triple.fi 10 pro

what i need is better isolation and sound quality and more bass..
genre i'm listening are: pop, rock, alternative and r&b

which one will suit to my needs? this will be expensive upgrade for me..

to: csoller
i also have the same version (1.02) but japanese model

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #2,368 of 3,761
I take it back. There is a noticeable difference after burn in. With my unit, the sound is considerably fuller and airier than before.

I really do think that's it's the best sounding player that I've owned.

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #2,369 of 3,761
dissembled, are you saying that you rate it above the Amp3 ? Man, the villagers are probably lighting torches as I type this and preparing to storm your castle !
smily_headphones1.gif

My personal view is that Sony got two things very. very right : the EQ and that fantastic digital amp. I can live with the unresponsive UI, and I dont play vids on any of my players - all we need now is a 250GB HDD-based version of the X Series !

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #2,370 of 3,761
Yes at the moment, I much prefer it to the AMP3 or my diyMod. The AMP3 is a bit grainy sounding to my ears. Also too hissy even with my AD900s. If the grain and hiss issues are alleviated, it would make a good alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back