I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jul 18, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #1,846 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEY Dura,how about instruments playing with the two combos? are they all laid back at the back of the head or surrounds you?the ie8 has big soundstage and laid back so i cant tolerate more distant(laid back)instruments if i buy the X.can you please comment on that?
biggrin.gif

Hmm, what od you mean, two combo's?
In general I find the sound surrounding but in a relaxed way that some might call a little laid back. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #1,847 of 3,761
I heard some ppl don't really like the combination the X and IE8. I'm not sure what the sound like from them but i can tell the X and IE7 definately sound good
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #1,848 of 3,761
By the two combos i mean ie8+X
biggrin.gif
. i mean with the ie8 and my zune120,i hear all the instruments at the back of my head and not forward and infront of you as i would like them to be.the reason i am afraid is that the zune has narrow soundstage and the X as i heard has much wider soundstage,so if this is the case,the instruments will be much further and laid back away,so this what i want you if you can to elaborate it to me(wheather or not the instruments are laid back or far away)
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #1,849 of 3,761
Finally, a portable player worthy of the term audio bliss. Paired with my Mustang & Shure SE530, didn't expect to find music to sound this good in a tiny nutshell. Music is warm and bassy. Vocals are pretty clear, but not too crisp - just the way I like it. The X1000 was good alone, but I don't think I'll be separating these 2 for a long time to come.

X1000 > RNB Black Diamond > P51 Mustang > Shure SE530

Settings = Flat. All enhancements off.

Finally my search has ended for... now!

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #1,850 of 3,761
Ah, now I understand. The instruments are clear but the combo with the sony hybrid tips but a little bid midforward, so voices stand before the instruments. However, there is no loss of fine detail and the character of the instruments is clear. (though unlike other 'phones the Senn's do not do this by accentuating transients and/or a midtreble peek but sound more natural, with a slight mid bass accent. I love it, but that's my opinion, people who love an analytical sound or prefer other musical genres then me could well find this phone too warm).

Jul 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #1,851 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense to MadDog but does anyone who buys the IE8s read any of the threads about them? Maybe I was one of the few who read almost 300 pages of the appreciation thread before I plunked down my $$$ and actually knew what to expect when I first got them????

All new IE8 owners repeat after me, Burn-in, Tips, Burn-in, Tips, Burn-in, Tips....

If I sound a little crabby, I am at work and not very happy about being in on Sat.
angry_face.gif

Anyhow, I am a very happy IE8 owner and will admit it was a bit painful to get to this point but I will repeat one more time, Burn-in, Tips.... Oh and read the Appreciation Thread

It's even more insulting hearing from a junior poster...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I've seen the posts about burn-in but I have never experienced the burn-in effect with all IEMs I tried, so was rather skeptical.
Some said even SE530 needs to be burned but nothing changed after almost 2 years of use.

Well, after about 10 hours of burn-in..I am trying out comply eartips. It's wonderful that I could hear all kinds of instruments which I have never heard using zune+se530 combo. This is real humongus soundstage, too. Is this IEM or full size headphone I am hearing? My bass's still on boomy side so I may need more burn in, no doubt. Also, I am trying to find the right tips for making the tunes little more focused now.

Jul 19, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #1,852 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's even more insulting hearing from a junior poster...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I've seen the posts about burn-in but I have never experienced the burn-in effect with all IEMs I tried, so was rather skeptical.
Some said even SE530 needs to be burned but nothing changed after almost 2 years of use.

Well, after about 10 hours of burn-in..I am trying out comply eartips. It's wonderful that I could hear all kinds of instruments which I have never heard using zune+se530 combo. This is real humongus soundstage, too. Is this IEM or full size headphone I am hearing? My bass's still on boomy side so I may need more burn in, no doubt. Also, I am trying to find the right tips for making the tunes little more focused now.

MadDog haha! I liked the IE8 out of the box but some folks think it takes over 200 hours for the IE8 to shine. Just don't put them too far in the ear and play around with various tips as had been echoed over and over haha. I liked the large foamies with them at first but now I've only setttled on using smaller tips(small foamie) because they reduce the bass and gives me, to my ears a better SQ overall.

Jul 19, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #1,853 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by lessblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just want to report on the I-nique crystal hard case I had purchased. The case is on the thin side, thinner than the official case I had purchased from Sony for my A818. Worse though, the top right of the case doesn't close, so it's basically unusable. It's not machined well to fit (especially the piece that goes over the hold button-the Sony crystal hard case does not have a piece over the Hold section) and too thin.

I will now have to purchase the overpriced official hard case from Sony I suppose, whenever it gets released in the US.

I have the same problems with the I-nique crystal hard case I got. Unfortunately there don't appear to be any other hard cases for the X1000 out yet. Any word on when Sony plans to release an official hard case?

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #1,855 of 3,761
So I just returned my X1000 at the local Sony Style store. It very smoothly, I wasn't charged any kind of restocking fee and they even refunded the money for shipping which surprised me. Pretty much I got to try the X1000 for free for just under a month.
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Anybody wanna buy a black Inique silicone case for the X1000 with all accessories except for the screen protector? shoot me a pm.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #1,857 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I just returned my X1000 at the local Sony Style store. It very smoothly, I wasn't charged any kind of restocking fee and they even refunded the money for shipping which surprised me. Pretty much I got to try the X1000 for free for just under a month.
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Anybody wanna buy a black Inique silicone case for the X1000 with all accessories except for the screen protector? shoot me a pm.

Why did you return it. Did you not like it. I have 729 now and want to get X1000. But i am only interested in extra space and sound quality. So is it a good buy

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #1,858 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did you return it. Did you not like it. I have 729 now and want to get X1000. But i am only interested in extra space and sound quality. So is it a good buy

I know this is directed at someone else, but I've also been trying to return mine for a while. I think if you like the Sony sound and a huge soundstage it's a good buy, but for the amount of space you get, including extras, you can do better. The Cowon S9 and Samsung P3 are both much better as far as bang for your buck goes, if you don't care about wifi. You can buy them as 32GB players for under $300, and the X is $400.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #1,860 of 3,761
Well, the Cowon and Sony sounds are completely different. If the S9 sounds like the D2, then I would say it has a better top end to my ears, but some people find it harsh. D2 is less spacious but sounds more "there" to me. I don't know which interface is better. For sound, it's preference. For video, they're both quite good from what I've read/seen/tried. S9 has superior battery life and more format support as far as I know. The Sony is colored toward the bottom end a bit, at least compared to the D2.

Anyway, to answer your question - I would probably take the X if it was cheaper but it would be a tough call. The S9 has superior format support, specifically FLAC - which I doubt anyone will ever get on their Sony X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back