I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jul 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #1,831 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try the stock headphones And where they loud? I know mine didn't freeze up yet. and My album art is great.

I don't have the stock headphones with me at the moment, but I don't recall them sounding particularly loud or soft, just normal.

It froze twice on me on one track, one time on another track, and one time when switching songs. But all of those files are fine because they have played on the X before. This happened within a period of 3 days, which I thought was weird, because for over 2 weeks it was completely fine.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #1,832 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have the stock headphones with me at the moment, but I don't recall them sounding particularly loud or soft, just normal.

It froze twice on me on one track, one time on another track, and one time when switching songs. But all of those files are fine because they have played on the X before. This happened within a period of 3 days, which I thought was weird, because for over 2 weeks it was completely fine.

Well 12 is is enough for me on the volume. I think you should replace it with a new one. Even my UK version didn't freeze or or the volume low.

Jul 17, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #1,834 of 3,761
I just got Sennheiser IE8 yesterday and I am totally unimpressed. Is this called bigger sound stage or just being too distant...I may need a little more burn-in but at the moment IE8 and X seem to be a horrible comibination.

Jul 17, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #1,835 of 3,761
MadDog-
They are notorious for opening up quite a lot over their initial sound out of the box. And they take a time to reach their peak. I think agreed length is about 200 hours, but the first big change is about 24 hours. They sound really dark and ambiguous on first listen. I remember the same thing... thinking 'really? these aren't that great'.

I hope you find them more agreeable after the first 24 hours, and hopefully it's not that you just don't jive with their sound.

Best of luck...

Jul 17, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #1,836 of 3,761
Hey Maddog,you should definetly wait for your ie8 to fully burn in,out of the box they are like $5 pair of headphones,leave them for 3 or 4 days on pink noise and then try them, they should sound sweet
biggrin.gif
. i am interested in your impressions on the X+ie8 because i am considering the x and i already have the ie8.the ie8 soundstage is big so if the X soundstage is also big then this is gonna be a problem for me cause i hate when the sound feels so distant and the instruments at the back of my head.

Jul 18, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #1,837 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got Sennheiser IE8 yesterday and I am totally unimpressed. Is this called bigger sound stage or just being too distant...I may need a little more burn-in but at the moment IE8 and X seem to be a horrible comibination.

I concur with the others on here, the IE8's sound a lot different over time, i was on the verge of selling them recently as i thought they did not sound by any means impressive, but where i was still swapping between my beloved Shure E500's, i was'nt getting enough burn in time and since i got my X i have put some milage on them and it is a major difference in performance than what my E500's where when burning in.

Where the IE8's out of the box sounded to rigid and cardboard like in its sound and not to forgiving plus the overwhelming bass reproduction in comparison to my E500's made it hard to listen to (with my ex-Cowon D2, touch, Sony ~ A818. A829, X1060, but after around (lost count) approx 20 hrs these sounded less dense and more open, involved, warmer, complementing the heavier driven bass that the IE8's seem to have and one of the biggest improvement's has been the top end with the treble sharpening up as when i first heard the treble on this it worried me a bit as it sounded muffled and un-refined and was no match for my Shure's in that dept, but now everything has balanced out and they have a good sense of timing and delivery with instrument's now that soiund more refined and that top end is now clearer plus the sound stage is more open becuase of this and i think they are still getting better just a tiny bit still after around 100+ hours now.

These sound so diferent to my Shure's but i would not say better, just different and enjoy listening to both of these with the X and really just need to find some descent foams to go with the IE8's as i am with the big crowd who cannot get a good fit with the stock supplied tips.

So percevier a bit longer Maddog, as o too thought they sounded almost "crap" for the money when i first got them!
bigsmile_face.gif

p.s. i do have itchy feet for those FX500's though!

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #1,839 of 3,761
Maybe I was a bit greedy as I have never thought of being worried of too much sound stage. It was always wider and wider stage I wanted...To me X seems to have tremandous sound stage as compared to other daps I tried. So I am really not sure how it will mix with IE8 which also seems to have bigger sound stage than others.

What I am really worried about is the snergy affect of these two...
X+IE8 owners can perhaps assure me that they are not suffering from far distant music sounds.

I am burning my IE8 as I speak..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #1,840 of 3,761
I love the combination X and IE8s. The senns do indeed chance considerably in time, as said before by others.
The sound is also dependent on the tips used; I prefer the XL Sony hybrids, that seem to enhance mid and treble a little bit; perhaps because these tips are so tight they doný fit all the way on the stem, and/or because the material differes and/or because the hole on the top is smaller, I'm not sure.

X and IE8s together give a very natural, large sound without loss of dynamics or details.
It sounds completely free of that midtreble nasty distortion we're so used to since music got digital, and I can imagine some of us might even think something is missing. Yet all the detail is there.
OTOH, the sound signature could just not be ones taste of course, especially for those that like a treble oriented sound.

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #1,841 of 3,761
HEY Dura,how about instruments playing with the two combos? are they all laid back at the back of the head or surrounds you?the ie8 has big soundstage and laid back so i cant tolerate more distant(laid back)instruments if i buy the X.can you please comment on that?
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #1,843 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No offense to MadDog but does anyone who buys the IE8s read any of the threads about them? Maybe I was one of the few who read almost 300 pages of the appreciation thread before I plunked down my $$$ and actually knew what to expect when I first got them????

All new IE8 owners repeat after me, Burn-in, Tips, Burn-in, Tips, Burn-in, Tips....

If I sound a little crabby, I am at work and not very happy about being in on Sat.
angry_face.gif

Anyhow, I am a very happy IE8 owner and will admit it was a bit painful to get to this point but I will repeat one more time, Burn-in, Tips.... Oh and read the Appreciation Thread

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #1,844 of 3,761
dosley-
Hey, cheer up, at least you have the IE8's to keep you company if you must be working today!!

As a further thought on searching the threads... if you use the 'search this thread' function right above the first post, to the right, you can type in specific words like 'soundstage', and it'll bring up posts in that thread about that subject. It's a good way to weed through all the info in massive threads like that IE8 appreciation one.

Jul 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #1,845 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense to MadDog but does anyone who buys the IE8s read any of the threads about them? Maybe I was one of the few who read almost 300 pages of the appreciation thread before I plunked down my $$$ and actually knew what to expect when I first got them????

All new IE8 owners repeat after me, Burn-in, Tips, Burn-in, Tips, Burn-in, Tips....

If I sound a little crabby, I am at work and not very happy about being in on Sat.
angry_face.gif

Anyhow, I am a very happy IE8 owner and will admit it was a bit painful to get to this point but I will repeat one more time, Burn-in, Tips.... Oh and read the Appreciation Thread

lol I was gonna say the same thing. It's kind of your own fault that you didn't know what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back