I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #1,156 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, if here's any to confirm this, please let me know. It may be a great solution for me while listening at work. I could utilize the cleaner signal, have the X charged, and get the best out of the Mustang all at the same time!!
icon10.gif

That combo, X+ stang might melt your brain with audio goodness overload- proceed with caution
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #1,157 of 3,761
Oh, I'm willing to take that risk...
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #1,158 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
S639 is a sweet sounding player, to be honest it took me a while to really appreciate the X. I can barely hear any difference with the stock phones between the 2. I do know with good phones the X is clearer than the s639 and is more detailed. But if I didn't have the X, the s639 would be enough sq wise for me. CX300 are not that revealing so your not going to notice much difference. No need to be sorry, variety is the spice of life.

I mean how goofy would it be if everyone liked the same thing? Head-fi would have no reason to exist, we'd all just go to the apple site, and praise our pods
jecklinsmile.gif

Hi,

What good phones would you recommend that are under £100 which will make the X1060 more clearer sounding and have more detail?

I'd get the IE8 but they are £200 and over.

Please advise

Art

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #1,159 of 3,761
I've not heard it but Duncan is pleased with the JVC FX1000's performance with the X-series. His impressions are dotted all over this thread and the JVC thread. You can import the much cheaper FX500 for less than £100. JVC UK has confirmed that the two are the exact same.

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #1,161 of 3,761
I have to say I'm really warming up to the sound of the Victor FX500's with the Sony X. More to come once they've burned in further. I also made the comment in the FX500 'confirmation' thread, but I'll say it here too: so far one of the biggest strengths is how dynamic they remain at low listening volumes. It's really amazing how the clarity, low end punch, and separation all stay intact at mellow volumes. This is of course good because it encourages me to keep it down.
smile.gif
They seem to have great synergy with the X.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #1,163 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

What good phones would you recommend that are under £100 which will make the X1060 more clearer sounding and have more detail?

I'd get the IE8 but they are £200 and over.

Please advise

Art

senn hd 595 - full size and phonak audio pfe , or senn ie7. The jvc 500 are supposed to be good, but I haven't listened to them. I'm sure more can advise. And I unfortunately don't Live in the UK, So I'm not sure if they are all under 100 quid
darthsmile.gif
well I guess the jvc are under the price point
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #1,164 of 3,761
Hi,did read Sony WM-Port is multi function or whatever(20 or 22 pin?,thought i'd seen both No's mentioned).Certainly outputs a signal via BTooth dongle,connected to WM-Port,then use BT21iK headphones controls,for vol,pause etc etc.

Cheers BOB

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #1,165 of 3,761
If anybody can give me any advice on how I can listen to .m4b audiobooks I would really really appreciate it. Whether I keep or sell my X is pivotal on the advice I get. And I really don't want to get rid of it. But, I need audiobook support.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #1,166 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, if here's any to confirm this, please let me know. It may be a great solution for me while listening at work. I could utilize the cleaner signal, have the X charged, and get the best out of the Mustang all at the same time!!
icon10.gif

The line out adapter is already released since last year. see my signature on the line out. but it has to be ordered from Japan. There is definitely a difference.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #1,169 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by behwatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The line out adapter is already released since last year. see my signature on the line out. but it has to be ordered from Japan. There is definitely a difference.

I thought it didn't function as a true line-out though in terms of not being able to bypass the internal amplifier? Is it actually a true line-out? Does it need to be plugged into a power source in order to work?

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #1,170 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by flexium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask again, does anyone know for sure that x1000 has a glass screen on top??

I feel that Zune HD might be taking away some of x1000's customer in september.

Also, with the screen, is it scratch resistant similar to the ipod touch and cownon s9? (you can hack at the screen with a pocket knife and no mark is left?!?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back