cn11, omg!
frown.gif
tongue.gif
beautiful rig, enjoy it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #947 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kicking this forward since Picasa was being such a pain in the arse, and I got it sorted thanks to Photobucket. (post deleted back on p.61)

A quick pic of the rig that's working so well together:

The 780's do look very nice and shiny
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #948 of 3,761
The demo vids are 432x240 wmv. If I encode a vid at exactly the same resolution and file type the X says it's not supported. Any ideas?

Neil.

Edit*** CN11, those cans look fantastic next to the X... class.

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #950 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

willykatie, you said you spent hours trying to get it to work. How did you try to do it, what method? I have no problem at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too, as long as it's embedded it shows up.

Well, this what i did, i ripped my cd with WMP11 and then sync to my 'X' and it doesn't show album art even tho showing in my library and then tried using mp3tag to add album and of course mp3tag doesn't support WAV either
confused_face_2.gif

So i converted my WAV files to 320kbps mp3 using lame and tested a few songs with foobar+D2X+HD555 and to be honest i can't tell the difference so i've decided just keep mp3 files instead of WAV and can put most of my cds anyway
k701smile.gif

I'm thinking about ordering Easyi screen protector tonight from Amazon just in case i scratch it
tongue_smile.gif

What do you guys use to rip anyway, is it just WMP11 as well?

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #951 of 3,761
Just want to say I'm part of the owners club now as well; one of the first or maybe the first in Holland (I like to think so, people who know better please shut up) thanks to our dear little lady of mercy known as SoozieQ.
Right now it is syncing with WM11, all 26 GB of my newly ripped lib; it is not fast, but I think it can't be helped, flash memory of the kind used in DAPs is usually not very fast. But luckily it all goes smooth, no crashes.
Not much more to say actually, except that the sides looked like my boy time experiments involving lighter fluid, polystyrene and matches. And little plastic soldiers, but those are irrelevant for my description of the finish...
I'm looking forward to trying out the supplied headphones; commuting without good isolation will turn even the most good-natured person (me) into a mass murderer in the end. Otherwise it'll be my so-last-year-IE8s that I will mainly use.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #952 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking forward to trying out the supplied headphones; commuting without good isolation will turn even the most good-natured person (me) into a mass murderer in the end. Otherwise it'll be my so-last-year-IE8s that I will mainly use.

Hey dura, maybe you should try asking the men on your commute to stop yapping on their cell phones.

I find it helps to reduce the noise so much that noise-cancelling doesn't even need to be activated
ksc75smile.gif

And you need to join THIS club: Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Sony Walkman NWZX1000 Owner's Group

Quote:

Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't used WMP to rip for a long time. I always use dBpoweramp.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #953 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, this what i did, i ripped my cd with WMP11 and then sync to my 'X' and it doesn't show album art even tho showing in my library and then tried using mp3tag to add album and of course mp3tag doesn't support WAV either
confused_face_2.gif

So i converted my WAV files to 320kbps mp3 using lame and tested a few songs with foobar+D2X+HD555 and to be honest i can't tell the difference so i've decided just keep mp3 files instead of WAV and can put most of my cds anyway
k701smile.gif

I'm thinking about ordering Easyi screen protector tonight from Amazon just in case i scratch it
tongue_smile.gif

Hi, i have had the same problem as well, i even used WAV when i had my A818 & A829!

The only music i use is from my cd collection which i start to have problems when the media engine that is used by WMP cannot or struggles to find the correct album info for that barcode version of the cd then i have problems getting the album art.

Especially with Japanese pressing cds which i swear by as they sound much better than a lot of the Eu crappy pressed cds and the music data provider does not hold the info for these albums, not even the track listings!

I have tried the method of just getting any website that shows the album art i need and copied and pasted into the WMP player where it says paste album art, but only seems to stay on wmp cover as it does not transfer to the Sony like you said, and i think as another person said on here it needs to be embedded which i think means it has to be in the source album folder possibly and then added to wmp player before tranferring?

I to have been spending two days now finally wandering and deliberating wether to change to a format @ 320kps as i have been doing listening tests and to be honest i am finding a difference with mp3 @320 compared to WAV which i do not like, but am finding it harder to notice a big difference with WMA @320 to WAV.

WAV i feel from my testing by ear does carry a little bit more detail in each instrument reproduction that if you are in serious listening mode with top end cans or amps would bug me a bit as i don't use £900 worth of headphone, amping, cable and even japan pressed cd's to go back one step by giving up a few % of sound Q.

But on the other hand if you are in a commuting inviromnent for example, even with iem's blocking out sound i would'nt benifit from that extra few percent i would notice in WAV reprodcucing a full spectrum of sound.

So i am slowly deciding for the sake of getting more songs on and possibly easier album art application for the difference in Sound Q is not justified to keep at WAV?

I as recomended MP3 tag by soozieq, but unfortunetely have not had time to play around with it.

I will hoepfully start that tonight as i need to make my mind up on best format to rip my song's in that can also show album art to get my collection on there and really start to appreciate and ENJOY this beutifull machine!

Anybody - I take it i was right that "Emdedding" is putting the album art into the source folder of the album? - Anyone..

Keep you updated how it goes for me as i think a few of us on here are having this problem and i personally did not experience it this bad with the A818 & A829 i had trying to do the same thing.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #954 of 3,761
I joined, thanks for the tip.
Do you think we can have a no-women-allowed section, for peace and quiet?

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #955 of 3,761
Quote:

I'd put your helmet on now and duck M8!

I think there are a few of the female species on here who share the same good taste's for the X-series & music as us musculen men folk!

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #957 of 3,761
I currently testing Stars by Simply Red with 4 different types of rip.

1. WMP11 --> WAV
2. WMP11 --> 320kbps MP3
3. Audiograbber with Lame --> 320kbps mp3 via WAV intermediate
4. WMP11 --> WAV --> 320kbps via Razorlame

Will let you all know once i'm finished
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #958 of 3,761
Quote:

Hey!!!!!!!!! I'm one of the guys too! Well, okay, not literally of course
biggrin.gif

Fortisflyer-
After you've pasted the album art on to the cover in WMP, right click and then choose 'upload album info' as well.

See if that works for you.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #959 of 3,761
Phew, I thought this was going to be a comment about how completely senseless a helmet would be in my case:
Quote:

I'd put your helmet on now and duck M8!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back