I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 2, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #916 of 3,761
Hang on a sec, can i not just rip my cds straight to mp3 with WMP 11 rather than
WMP11 --> WAV --> Lame --> 320kbps mp3?

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #918 of 3,761
Please please please could tell me if there is any way that I can play audiobooks on the X series. I haven't found a way to do it yet, and although I did ask this previously, I think my question might have got lost in the furore surrounding DSRs and other similar legislation.

Cheers

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #919 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hang on a sec, can i not just rip my cds straight to mp3 with WMP 11 rather than
WMP11 --> WAV --> Lame --> 320kbps mp3?

Yes you can. Change your rip settings in WMP from tools > options > rip music.

wmpmp3.jpg

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #920 of 3,761
I know but just wondering if the SQ would be the same as if i rip to wav 1st and then rip to mp3 using lame?

Thanks

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #921 of 3,761
Hi
I have ordered my Sony NWZ-1060 and just have to wait for it.
I have noticed in this forum that some people are mentioning they can't add album art to wav files.
I have a Sony NWZ-S639 and I have full album art with wav files.
I rip my CDs (all original) into Windows Media Player 11 and then synchonise them to my player and the album art comes up fine.

I will be a bit devasted if this doesn't work with the X series.

I hope this hasnt already been discussed.

Cheers

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #922 of 3,761
Are you sure cos WAV & Album Art is a no no. I've spent all my day today for a good few hours trying to get it work and then found big explanation on the net somewhere why thay won't work together.

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #923 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know but just wondering if the SQ would be the same as if i rip to wav 1st and then rip to mp3 using lame?

Thanks

Try doing it both ways and then decide
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #924 of 3,761
Yeah that's what i'm doing just now
biggrin.gif

I know that WAV to 320kbps mp3 my ears can't tell the difference at all playing through foobar

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #925 of 3,761
Okay, I don't understand what the problem is that people are having. Refresh my memory please
atsmile.gif

I am looking at my WAV files right now on my X and they all have album art, every single one.

willykatie, you said you spent hours trying to get it to work. How did you try to do it, what method? I have no problem at all.

Jun 2, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #926 of 3,761
I just recieved my X yesterday and I am loving it.
However is anyone else having trouble with the youtube application?
Mine won't even load
I connect to my network no problem then it says "session to youtube has been unavailable. Resume?"
I click yes then it tells me "could not connect to to youtube."

I can access youtube through the web browser but the videos won't play through there.

Any ideas what's goin on here?

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #927 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I don't understand what the problem is that people are having. Refresh my memory please
atsmile.gif

I am looking at my WAV files right now on my X and they all have album art, every single one.

willykatie, you said you spent hours trying to get it to work. How did you try to do it, what method? I have no problem at all.

Me too, as long as it's embedded it shows up.

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #928 of 3,761
Do any of you fellow owners have slacker radio either?
If I can't use the youtube or slacker apps I'd be pretty upset with this player. Even though this is still an awesome player it is supposed to include these apps is it not?

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #929 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by scourge18a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do any of you fellow owners have slacker radio either?
If I can't use the youtube or slacker apps I'd be pretty upset with this player. Even though this is still an awesome player it is supposed to include these apps is it not?

Slacker is only for US. version, Did you try a reset on the sony?

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #930 of 3,761
I'm having a problem with the album art on my Sony X1060B, I spent the last few days using Mp3tag to add artwork to all my mp3's but only half of them are actually showing. I thought it might be because they were too big or too small but that doesnt seem to be the problem as I have some big and some small ones that arent showing
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back