I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
May 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #556 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow!

Cheers hatepopupads, that makes me very intrigued knowing that comparison...

can i really ignore it at this price then, can't get any cheaper for a while i would'nt of thought? and Play.com have had a tendency of putting the price back up once a batch of stock has gone and they get more back in like the Sony T900 digital camera recently, which was £240 in a colour which is not officially for the UK and is now back up to £300 on back order and the Sony price is around £380! so if i don't get it now at this price war with Amazon i might just end up regretting it again!

Is there going to be a docking/sync station for it other than that expensive one that can record from Bravia tv's does anyone know as the cradle usually has the line out for these players as i want to put it through my Naim headline amp with my AKG 702's.
k701smile.gif

Hey I goto mine at John Lewis and paid 289 and in US dollars well
tongue_smile.gif
. But thats OK. I didn't want to wait and wanted a low serial ## Hey I paid 450.00 for the 10 gig kenwood at audiocubes when it first came out, so I don't feel so bad for being an impatient sob
jecklinsmile.gif

May 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #557 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I goto mine at John Lewis and paid 289 and in US dollars well
tongue_smile.gif
. But thats OK. I didn't want to wait and wanted a low serial ## Hey I paid 450.00 for the 10 gig kenwood at audiocubes when it first came out, so I don't feel so bad for being an impatient sob
jecklinsmile.gif

I'm just wandering if the lower serial numbers are out there still to be had maybe?

Is there going to be any difference in them anyway as they must of been still bound for Europe anyway as it would need the relevant firmware on there to start with?

May 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #558 of 3,761
FortisFlyer1975...

Owning all three, to these ears the JVCs have far and away the best synergy with the Sony
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #559 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FortisFlyer1975...

Owning all three, to these ears the JVCs have far and away the best synergy with the Sony
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn! not wanted i wanted to hear, my wallet just jumped of the roof of the house!

Those FX1000's are around £250 aren't they? They do look the part for that money, unlike the £7.99 look of the ie8's. sorry, i got bitchy there, no, sod it, i meant it!

How would you say the E500's sound with the X-series as they are my fave iem's - at the mo....

How much difference is there between the E500 & JVC's FX1000's then on the X-series?

Need to know, as i might forfit buying something else i was going to get and try the jvc's out if i do decide to get the X-series.

May 26, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #560 of 3,761
Just seen the thread for the FX1000 are they, are they not?
That needs some clarifying by the sounds of it first anyhow.

Seems to good to be true though that the fx500's are good as IE8's for that money and that JVC just rebadged them as fx1000's in europe for twice the price.

Not heard either myself, but i would put money on there must be some sonic difference between the fx500 & 1000 for the price difference.

Otherwise it would be like rebadging a Ford Mondeo LX to a Ghia and charging double for it even though it is the same car with no extras.
do like my anology's, but if that was the case i would be letting JVC know and demanding a refund regardless of box been opened!
May be a sheep in wolf's clothing possibly, but let's hope JVC are not trying to pull the wool over our eyes!

Any way First step i think is the X-factor series player, yum, yum.

Be nice to know still my previous thread question for reference though as you never know... x1060 and fx500/1000?

May 26, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #561 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to buy the the black ice version, but cannot justify a £200 premium over the so called standard version. Personally i think the standard version looks better!

Im looking forward to trying out the player with my JVC FX500's...I think a lot of people are keen to find out if there is a difference between these an the FX1000...

The Black Ice in Japan is technically only a little above what the black and red are - not $400 US difference. I got the Japanese version for the gapless capabilities more than anything else.

May 26, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #562 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The textured surface is really nice. I thought I would hate it but it's kind of classy/deluxe and helps with the grip, in fact now that I have it in hand I love the textured finish. It's less marbled looking than I thought it would be, it's more black then black and white/grey. If you want the best sound quality just break down and get the X. I have/had the s639, a818, a728 and the X is just in a different class SQ wise. It took me a couple of days to wrap my head around the sound as it's presented different than my other daps. All my other daps sound like they have a layer of something over the sound after some quality time with the X. It's that clear and dynamic. When I heard people say it's warm, but walkingman said it sounded clearer the n the s639 and Sooz said it had better treble the a829. I thought how can that be? Warm in my head means , good deep bass and softer treble- definitly not the case with the X. I consider the clip to be warm and the X doesn't sound like the clip
biggrin.gif
I do consider it warm as in deep good bass, but it's more clear and detailed than my d2+ which I consider on the "cold" side

I agree with Julie, the kenwood media keg I had for a while would probably be the most close to the sound, but with less hiss and wider soundstage. Less hiss than d2+ also.

Hey, I meant to say congrats on getting the X1000 here in the states, the first one I believe. Mine will ship out tomorrow hopefully, so I'm still about a week away from receiving it. Thankfully I had a terribly busy Memorial Day weekend so I couldn't spend much of it at all on the forum here pining away for it! I'll be sure to post up some impressions here too once I have it. It's nice to see impressions from such experienced and trusted Head-Fi'ers all corroborating the same stellar thoughts about its SQ. I can't wait........

Good listening.....

May 26, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #563 of 3,761
Man, this thing calls for lust. What is its resolution? Can I watch movies on it as comfortably as on thr iTouch?

May 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #564 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, this thing calls for lust. What is its resolution? Can I watch movies on it as comfortably as on thr iTouch?

Hello Tony
biggrin.gif

I think the resolution thing was discussed a few pages back, and there was a lot of crying and whingeing, which I took as a negative... but on the plus side, the demo videos look great to me, I can't imagine how they could look any better.

Duncan-
JVC + D/N = OMG!

May 26, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #565 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duncan-
JVC + D/N = OMG!

I'm guessing that that is a good OMG??
wink.gif
wink.gif

Oh, something funny - one of the guys at work, he's a semi-pro singer, plays around in a studio and what-not, anyway, I was flashing around the X and FX today, and he was mocking me saying that I had spent too much money on my 'gadgets'...

Anyway... a few moments of the FX being in his ears, playing various tracks on the X... and, his mockery was gone... his mouth was hung open.. and... out of his mouth came... O.M.G. - hehe...
smily_headphones1.gif

One up for the FX/X
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #566 of 3,761
Quote:

Resolution of the screen is 240x432. Video resolution varies but for MPEG4/AVC videos, the max supported is 320x240. WMV9 videos up to 480x320 resolution is supported but only VC1 SP (simple profile). Videos looks nice (thanks to the colour saturation of OLED), but obviously not as good as on the Touch or higher resolution PMPs... I use my PSP for portable video viewing so I am not bothered by it personally.

May 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #567 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he was mocking me saying that I had spent too much money on my 'gadgets'...Anyway... a few moments of the FX being in his ears, playing various tracks on the X... and, his mockery was gone... his mouth was hung open.. and... out of his mouth came... O.M.G. - hehe...
smily_headphones1.gif

Ha ha! But... if you used it every day for 2 years, that would work out to about 75 pence a day, the price of a litre of milk? So stop drinking a litre of milk a day for 2 years, and the set up is free, do you see??? I don't drink milk, so I'm going to give up orange juice instead
atsmile.gif

May 26, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #569 of 3,761
Quote:

I would have to give up one coffee a day, but that's not going to happen... :p

What about giving up something you don't drink? It might take longer, but it's a start
dt880smile.png

May 26, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #570 of 3,761
So Soozieq...

The big question (for me at least) - knowing that you've got your ear pressure issues... are you going to keep... or return the FX?

(I must admit that FX and D/N works pretty well on most genres... and seems to bring out those luscious mids even more...
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back