I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
May 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #211 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Re charging... I don't have a mains power supply, so can't answer there, but - when connected to the PC, it acts as a disk-drive, and as such locks out user input - much the same as in previous generations...

I hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

That's helpful, Thanks

Now folks my final question,I promise!!!
biggrin.gif
I mean for the day

As I understand it, It's yet to be determined as to whether the screen is glass or plastic.Whichever it is,; does it SEEM to be scratch resistant?

May 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #212 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's helpful, Thanks

Now folks my final question,I promise!!!
biggrin.gif
I mean for the day

As I understand it, It's yet to be determined as to whether the screen is glass or plastic.Whichever it is,; does it SEEM to be scratch resistant?

Hey HONEYBOY, it's definitely been established that the screen is made of glass... a glass which feels like plastic
biggrin.gif

Duncan, walkingman - did you find the sleeping bag yet?? I can't find mine.
I think John Lewis took it out and kept it for themselves because it was so cute
mad.gif

May 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #213 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mosso2000-
Don't even bother trying..... and welcome to Head-Fi, you'll learn that resistance is futile.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, there is only the extra £50 on the sony centre price tag which kept me resisting...
Hopefuly it will be available soon at amazon, I still have my s639 to wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Question : are the headphone any good? Used to the MX500 - I have a lot of discomfort with intras, and PX100 do not sound enough bassy for me...

May 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #214 of 3,761
Honeyboy, So far yes. I rubbed mine a few times with my cotton t-shirt and no scratches has yet to surface. It feels like plastic, but I can't be too sure. Whatever it is, it seems capable to standing up to some abuses.

May 16, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #215 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey HONEYBOY, it's definitely been established that the screen is made of glass... a glass which feels like plastic
biggrin.gif

Thanks!! I shall now leave thee and thy walkman at peace for today!!
icon10.gif

May 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #216 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks!! I shall now leave thee and thy walkman at peace for today!!
icon10.gif

Ask anything you like, we're all just finding our way round it at the moment so we might learn something useful if we have to find an answer for something
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #217 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by mosso2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, there is only the extra £50 on the sony centre price tag which kept me resisting...
Hopefuly it will be available soon at amazon, I still have my s639 to wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Question : are the headphone any good? Used to the MX500 - I have a lot of discomfort with intras, and PX100 do not sound enough bassy for me...

Bundled headphones are much better than most stock phones. They probably can be modded like the EX85/90 as well, but I haven't tried. Plenty of bass, but muddy in comparison to my IE 8 and CX 95. It is slightly better than my old CX 300.

Also, it is an extra £40 at Sony centre, and you can always try to haggle. I know my local store in Watford isn't totally immune to haggling, but YMMV.

May 16, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #219 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bundled headphones are much better than most stock phones. They probably can be modded like the EX85/90 as well, but I haven't tried. Plenty of bass, but muddy in comparison to my IE 8 and CX 95. It is slightly better than my old CX 300.

Also, it is an extra £40 at Sony centre, and you can always try to haggle. I know my local store in Watford isn't totally immune to haggling, but YMMV.

I tried, but the guy didnt want to do the web price. Once he saw I wasnt keen to buy it this price he didnt want anymore to make me try it
frown.gif
Moron

Wow, ie8 are £200 headphones... I bet they are good
darthsmile.gif

May 16, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #220 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I have a question. How is it in the Sun light? Can you see the screen good?

I can tell you tomorrow if we get any sun in the UK
smile_phones.gif

May 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #221 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I have a question. How is it in the Sun light? Can you see the screen good?

I will try to answer that, once we get some sun! (that's next week I am guessing!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosso2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried, but the guy didnt want to do the web price. Once he saw I wasnt keen to buy it this price he didnt want anymore to make me try it
frown.gif
Moron

Wow, ie8 are £200 headphones... I bet they are good
darthsmile.gif

Oh they are. And they pair well with the X-series.

May 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #223 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh they are. And they pair well with the X-series.

Now that's what I've been wanting to hear
tongue_smile.gif
Am HONEYBOY and this walkman sure seems like its gonna be my HONEYGIRL
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #224 of 3,761
Well, its still only with my cellphone, but - here are four more pictures
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooh, Soozieq, don't look at the picture of the rear of the player if you're sore re the serial number
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, the cellphone camera... well, probably most cameras / LCD screens do not do the OLED screen of this player justice... It is soooooo much better in the flesh
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit - So long as its not just that they're cached locally here - mini versions of the pics from the link above - are below...

3536586835_f1cfd689ec.jpg

3537402358_1ba5dc36b3.jpg

3537404282_a61294088e.jpg

3536592697_d1a3aa2e21.jpg

...When I can be bothered to renew my flickr account, then the full sized images will be available
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #225 of 3,761
I would be very tempted to test such piece of headphone (ie8), but how can I do this?
I guess shops have a no 7 day refund policy as it is a headphone?
The reviews are amazing, but I have a bad experience with these kind of intras...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back