I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Sep 1, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #2,176 of 3,761
JVC / Victor HP-FX500 is Japan domestic version, FX1000 is oversea version. Someone said (in another thread) he called JVC UK, they said those two are exact same. But, my audio importer friends (both Hong Kong and Taiwan) said they were not able to get any information out of JVC, which is odd. Duncan has UK version, maybe he knows something about it.

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #2,177 of 3,761
Hi FF
smily_headphones1.gif

The JVC FX1000 is the UK naming, and the FX500, er... isn't!

As for the accessories, I don't know why Sony are so slow releasing them in the UK, but I know they always are. Accessories are obviously an afterthought for them, a very belated afterthought!!

Nemo - hi
smily_headphones1.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi and glad to hear you're liking King X
ksc75smile.gif

animalsrush - thanks for the detailed info about playlists. I still haven't attempted to make another playlist yet, but I realised that although all my music was in my music folder.... some of it had been in other locations previously, and I'd just dragged the albums over without putting them in the music folder first. So now I've moved everything into the one folder, and I'll try a playlist tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to post a
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #2,178 of 3,761
i've received my sony king x last month..
what can i tell, this is damn good.. it is much like sansa fuze with better instrument separation..

i've been reading this forum before i received this dap..

it really needs sometime to reveal the power of the BEAST..

the only problem is volume is quite low when i plugged it to my klipsch gmx 2.1

i need to set it to max volume (30)-king x and the half the volume of gmx 2.1 to enjoy the music.

is anyone have the same kind of this problem?

also i'm using the supplied iem i used to set the volume to 11 up 14 depending on the kind music.. do you think this is normal volume?

i just to confirm if you have the same experience..

i really love the this dap especially when playing acoustics and jazz songs it like a heaven of music..

the clear bass+1 is over power when i'm using it i need to adjust also the eq..

anyone can share good eq settings with clear bass +1..

i'm also planning to buy the shure(e2) orange foam for the supplied iem..

i'm wondering if this is a good upgrade sound isolation, what do you think guys?

may be next 2 months i'm planing to buy the victor fx500, how does it compared with the supplied iem?

is it twice the sound quality or even more?

thanks in advance..

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #2,179 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know when the official Sony accesories/cases for the X-series will be readily available in the UK?

It sucks they bring out the player and delay the accesories for them, i thought Sony got this sorted when the last HHD walkmans came out, perhaps not : (

I don't know official cases , but check out PDair.com. I bought my book case leather case from these guys. Awesome quality and fit. Also bought an ultra clear protective screen that fits like a glove. They ship things from Hong Kong in excellent package but it only took 7 days to reach chicago and they are cheap. For charger i bought the one from sonystyle.com for my A729 works with X1060 also. It was $39 expensive but works like a charm

PC

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #2,180 of 3,761
Hi,most chargers with a standard size USB connection on them,should be OK.In UK look in TKmaxx etc,for iPOD type ones.
Only prob you might have,is some devices,need Data + & - s USB connections shorted in the charger,Sony might be one(forgot but think it is?),iPod as well?
Bought couple for iPods(for Sony use) from TKMaxx & been OK(got odd old ones in the house,that don't work thou).
Prob not needed:-
USB standard Voltage is 5v.Amps wise should be OK(don't need much).
Try not to get a high ampage one,1A or whatever,especially if its a Linear charger(heavy,copper wires etc).It will work OK,its if you get a prob inside your device,short etc(it will try to supply that current,linear can even exceed its stated current).Mind if you have a prob,device is prob broke anyway
wink_face.gif
(could get very hot thou).Most for iPods should be OK anyway,rating etc.
Interest waning on getting a Official Sony Leather in UK,coping OK with cheap silicone one,might upgrade that thou
smile.gif
(one with carabiner maybe,good reports on here).

Cheers BOB

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #2,181 of 3,761
Still can't get multi quoting to work on here...

Thanks guys for the response to the JVC Question, i will try and hunt down a pair of FX500's if i can, not to sure what they retail for in $$ in the states?
Do the FX500 really sound better than the Senn IE8's through the X?

As for accessory issue, they should get their fingers out of their backside at the commercial dept at Sony and live in the real world to giving the overall experience we all want when we spend a big wad on our lovely shiney walkmans when they are released that we want the a/c's to go with it straight away! It's not hard, quite simple really, so why do Sony do the hard things standing upside down and the simple things as if it where trying to land man on Mars : [

Wonder if it is a marketing ploy for us to damage them and buy another? hmm...

Animalrush ; I see the PD Air cases, i think i will wait for the Sony version when i go to states soon, just like the look of the Sony leather case that reminds me of the case that my old Cassette Walkman had years ago where it unfolded around the sides to get to it, waited this long anyway!

p.s. no news of any firmware update to sort out some of the bugs yet then?

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #2,182 of 3,761
I've noticed that titles don't scroll for some reason in the Now Playing screen. A bit bothersome. I hope a firmware update would also add a sleep timer. I usually use the player in bed.

The X sounds great with the Pico, btw. What I noticed improved foremost was the clarity. Muffle decreased markedly. I'm having fit issues with my UM3xs but find that inserting the tips at an angle helped some.

I'm not concerned about the lack of accessories personally since there's some third party ones to be found. For the adapter, I use a Music Power USB charger which can charge two players at once. Could be quickly found at Walmart. Amazon sells it too I think. For protection, I've decided to use the PDAIR book style case. Looks more pleasing than other X cases I've seen.

Re: FortisFlyer
How long are you going to stay in the States? Can you purchase it from online retailers? I've searched Froogle, Ebay and Amazon and found that one has to purchase it via Ebay from Japanese retailers. I haven't come across a US retailer yet that carries it. Can anyone say otherwise?

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #2,183 of 3,761
I just want confirm the following on my X1060 :
1) Wav music file cannot add album picture ?
2) Player can support up to only 320kbps bit rate ?

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #2,185 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X sounds great with the Pico, btw. What I noticed improved foremost was the clarity. Muffle decreased markedly. I'm having fit issues with my UM3xs but find that inserting the tips at an angle helped some.

For protection, I've decided to use the PDAIR book style case. Looks more pleasing than other X cases I've seen.

dissembled: i am interested in your experience with amp and the X. I tried the X with bithead amp and i couldn't notice any difference with my UM3x. Actually it sounded better un amped. I have no hiss and soundstage has expanded as the player burns in. I understand the player has S master amp built in. Does amping an already signal help. I am on fence whetehr to buy Pico slim or not when it is ready for sale , but i couldn't see any difference. Your feedback much appreciated

PS: I also have the book case leather case from PDair. It is one of the best looking cases available

PC

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #2,186 of 3,761
The difference isn't night and day but it's discernible. I'm experiencing less muffle with the UM3x amped. It might be due to my weird ear canals though because no one else is having problems with insertion and muffle like I am in the appreciation thread.

Clarity increases by a bit and the sound becomes fuller and becomes less dull. Again not a night and day difference but it's certainly there. Is it a $300 difference though? Well, not quite.

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #2,187 of 3,761
Hi,Soozie,try this,bit of long shot.
With a Album>MP3 files that is showing up twice,check this:-
This is for Vista,be slightly diff for XP etc>

Open Folder were you have all your music,go to Album>Files showing double.
Click Organize>Folder & Search options.Then View Tab>Tick show all Hidden Files & Folders.Also Untick Hide Protected Operating System Files(Recommended).
See what files you see in Album Folder now(some will look Ghosty looking),also on a Album that does not show twice,for comparison.Bit back,but i had a Album's files showing up twice,each MP3 File had a ghost file(forgot extension etc),made by whatever prog.Deleted ghost & then no double vision.
Afterward set Folder options back to what they were,can get on your xxxx,also you won't delete what you shouldn't(unless they want deleting).

Cheers BOB

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #2,188 of 3,761
Quote:

The difference isn't night and day but it's discernible. I'm experiencing less muffle with the UM3x amped. It might be due to my weird ear canals though because no one else is having problems with insertion and muffle like I am in the appreciation thread.

Clarity increases by a bit and the sound becomes fuller and becomes less dull. Again not a night and day difference but it's certainly there. Is it a $300 difference though? Well, not quite.

Thanks for the quick response. I am really not experiencing any muffling with UM3x. That is good news as i can hold off on amp and makes my rig more portable. However i would like to try out with another amp and see if could see any difference.. Long wait till CanJam 2010
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again
PC

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #2,189 of 3,761
Quote:

Re: FortisFlyer
How long are you going to stay in the States? Can you purchase it from online retailers? I've searched Froogle, Ebay and Amazon and found that one has to purchase it via Ebay from Japanese retailers. I haven't come across a US retailer yet that carries it. Can anyone say otherwise?

I will be flying out 26th Sept to Vegas for one week and then down to Florida for two weeks, so was hoping to find a dealer that did stock the FX500's out there, i will have to search online i think to see if there is any one stocking them out there in my vicinity whilst out there.

It just would of been nice to get them while i am out there if i could pick them up for a good price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want confirm the following on my X1060 :
1) Wav music file cannot add album picture ?
2) Player can support up to only 320kbps bit rate ?

Thanks.

1) I had this problem as i was a big WAV fan before i got the X and realised qucikly unlike my old A818 (which strangely did) it would not support album art with WAV, which brings me to...

Q2; hence why i converted to in the end was AAC VBR which for me still sounds okay, but not quite the same as WAV, even though many people say they cannot hear a difference, but while i am gaining 2/3rds more space doing this for a protable walking HMV i ain't complaining!

So any way my files in AAC on quite a few tracks are above the 320 range, but the biggest difference i am finding is does not matter how good my bit rate, can be WAV even, if the recording has not been engineered well, it sill sound s*** all day lomg, pardon my french, and this is not helped with an excellent player in the X and a good pair of iem's show it up even more!

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #2,190 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) I had this problem as i was a big WAV fan before i got the X and realised qucikly unlike my old A818 (which strangely did) it would not support album art with WAV

This is the one area I haven't had any problems with at all. All my WAV files are tagged (manually!), and have album art. I open up the album in WMP so the tracks are on the right and the blank album cover on the left... then I just drag over the cover I want to the blank one, and refresh. The cover then appears and displays just fine on my X.

spuddler-
Thanks for the 'duplicate tracks' tip. I will check that all out later when I get round to making a playlist
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back