I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Aug 20, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #2,116 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about the comparisons you are requesting, but FWIW, the Sony X series is not hard drive based. It is flash based. More reliable if that is important to you. The Sony is a terrific DAP with a robust sound. Good luck with your search.

Okay well replace "HDD player" with "DAP" in my original post. A "robust sound" doesn`t mean much to me unfortunately> I was asking how the sound compares to old Sony CD units and the MZ-RH1 if anybody knows.

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #2,117 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're living in a world of delusion, denial, and cockroaches
ksc75smile.gif

I think I remember feeling I would never need to upgrade from my Denon C700s
jecklinsmile.gif

Hahahahaha you guys are sooooo funny. What a scary thought that must be in retrospect
biggrin.gif
. Our listening tastes are quite similar so seriously, I want you to upgrade as much as you can so that we can all find out what's best for soozieq
biggrin.gif
***** I mean us, uhhh me haha****

@cn11 It's so hard not to be a fanboy when this thing even takes 'pink noise and digital silence to a new level haha. It really does deserve the resounding accolades.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #2,118 of 3,761
How's C710 if compared to IE8?.

Aug 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #2,119 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just found that the Denons complement the X better than the W3, and since I plan to keep the X for a couple of years at least, I don't need the W3 since the X will be my only music player.

Hey, I wouldn't mind those W3's sugarpuff, but the thought of giving you my addy or meeting you gives me the eebie geebies.
scared.gif

If there's a free curly whirly in it, I could be tempted.
toothless.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #2,120 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's C710 if compared to IE8?.

Let's see..... :

1) They have deeper yet more controlled bass without bleeding into the rest of the range.

2) They have much more present and properly placed midrange (by comparison vocals on the IE8's seem recessed quite far back).

3) Slightly narrower soundstage in ultimate width- but this is overcome by the better resolution, detail, and instrument separation.

4) Treble- the biggest difference, is much more present, sparkly, and highly detailed. It can be a touch on the harsh side out of the box, but it seems to settle down with burn in.

5) Isolation is much better.

I feel kinda bad seemingly portraying the IE8's in a negative light in comparison, but the Denons really do present a complete and solid sound for a lower price.

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #2,121 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I wouldn't mind those W3's sugarpuff,
but the thought of giving you my addy or meeting you gives me the eebie geebies.
scared.gif

If there's a free curly whirly in it, I could be tempted.
toothless.gif

Dear serial killer... YGPM
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel kinda bad seemingly portraying the IE8's in a negative light in comparison, but the Denons really do present a complete and solid sound for a lower price.

I agree, I mean I liked my IE8 for ages, well, ages for me anyway! But the Denons at less than a third of the price provide a much nicer and more open sound to me with my Sony daps.

Mind you, in the UK, the Denons are only about £40 ($65) less than the IE8 - whereas in the US, they're about £205 ($350) less?? I think the price difference would be a huge deciding factor over there, but less so over here. Wow, that's a big difference!

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #2,122 of 3,761
Soozieq-

That difference sounds about right. And when you put it like that, it really is a killer deal over here! You guys in UK got the good deals on the IE8, and for the Denons it's over here. Glad you got them for a good price though!

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #2,123 of 3,761
Still haven't received my X up to this date. Because UPS shipped it out to Florida instead, those idiots.

Something bothering me though concerning the aesthetics of the player. There are some photos out there that make the sparkles on the front of the player evident. Can one see the sparkles in natural light? I hope not.
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #2,124 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something bothering me though concerning the aesthetics of the player. There are some photos out there that make the sparkles on the front of the player evident. Can one see the sparkles in natural light? I hope not.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Sparkles are on the back, not the front. Trust me it looks great, you have nothing to worry about. ' Oh, and the textured sides are really nice, it makes the player unique.

Worry about world peace instead.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #2,125 of 3,761
Yeah the granite finish I really like. So I'm guessing that the sparkles I see in the photos you've posted is just dust? [/.pics.] (Second photo especially.)

That's very good to hear.

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #2,128 of 3,761
Rainbow colored sparkles = blaaaaaaaaaaaah

Not so noticeable though, tha's good. Neeley doesn't even see them.
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #2,129 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by spuddler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,mine as sparkles on the Front surround(Bluey,Greeny & White),but you won't notice them,unless there's a Meteorite shower
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers BOB

confused2.gif

I can't see s**t captain. I must have dodgy eyes or something.
music.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #2,130 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused2.gif

I can't see s**t captain. I must have dodgy eyes or something.
music.gif

Yea, they are there, but barely noticeable under normal light. Try shining a bright light on it and you should see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back