I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
May 15, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #136 of 3,761
So, all of you who bought it so far got it from John lewis? Is there any special reason like a redeem or a voucher to not wait few days and get a £40 rebate? Just a stupid question, but maybe you have a good plan!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #137 of 3,761
Hi Leonard, thanks for your very helpful post. I just checked out the 'dotty' part and it works great! It's so fast, and much more efficient than the old A-D shortcut. So we didn't lose something there, we gained something. Yippee!

Oh, and I see what you mean about 'selected range'. I just tried selecting Play Mode > 'shuffle' with Playback Range > 'selected range' and then I tried 'all range' - and yes, it only shuffles the songs within the album, hmm, that's odd. You're right, I think it's a bug.

Okay, I'm going to read page 106 of the manual, Thanks again.
smily_headphones1.gif

mosso2000 - I think impatience is the 'special reason' why some of us didn't want to wait!

May 16, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #142 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, I took some pictures of the X1060 just now. I am sure toughnut and anybody with a S630/S730 will be interested to know that the X1060 is just slighty thicker than the aforementioned models.

X1060_S6392.jpg

Thanks for the photo. It's sick! Really packed into tiny size. I previously complained S630/S730 too small for handling. I guess X1000 will be perfect size.

Btw, anyone know where to download english manual? I googled around and only come out with Japanese manual and quick guide.

May 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #143 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the photo. It's sick! Really packed into tiny size. I previously complained S630/S730 too small for handling. I guess X1000 will be perfect size.

Btw, anyone know where to download english manual? I googled around and only come out with Japanese manual and quick guide.

You know you're going to buy
very_evil_smiley.gif
it
atsmile.gif

May 16, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #146 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it Plastic or Glass?

Glass , this is from the manual

On the display
The surface of the display of the player is made of glass.
When handling the player, be careful not to drop it and not to give an impact to
it, otherwise the display may be broken. If the glass have been broken or
become chipped, stop using the player and avoid touching the broken part,
otherwise you may be injured.
On the OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode)
The prolonged display of a still image or the repetitive display of the same

So if you break it, be sure not to touch the sharp broken glass or you might get cut. Good thing they pointed that out.... I might have cut the crap out of myself otherwise
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #147 of 3,761
one question:

could anyone tell me the actual capacity of both the X and the itouch (both 32Gb models
biggrin.gif
). i plan on buying one of these babies sometime soon (may wait for the 3G touch) so i'm interested as to who "lies" the most when it comes to capacity (and if the difference is substantial)

May 16, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #148 of 3,761
The screen is made of glass, but I guess the back side is plastic? If the back is plastic, it will scratch very easily but then I guess that's why Sony also sells the protectors as an accessory

May 16, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #149 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by praetor47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one question:

could anyone tell me the actual capacity of both the X and the itouch (both 32Gb models
biggrin.gif
). i plan on buying one of these babies sometime soon (may wait for the 3G touch) so i'm interested as to who "lies" the most when it comes to capacity (and if the difference is substantial)

I have 29.6GB available out of 32GB. That's the same as I have on the Touch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The screen is made of glass, but I guess the back side is plastic? If the back is plastic, it will scratch very easily but then I guess that's why Sony also sells the protectors as an accessory

If it's glass, it's the most plastic-feeling glass I've ever touched. It truly feels like thick plastic, and when I tap it / hit it / bash it... it sounds like plastic too
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #150 of 3,761
Well, my X1000 is in the house, and charging
smily_headphones1.gif

The A818 has a surprisingly good synergy with the JVC FX1000, so i'm looking forward to trying the Sony X1000 when charged / synced
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back