I hate the mall.
Jun 5, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #76 of 107
I prefer European style shopping areas over American malls. American malls are predictable as airports with stores. Majority of malls in US are ghetto style with stores for teens.

Thats true and I agree.

BUT there’s also malls I’ve been to that’s very high end with Louis Vuitton stores where you pay $900 for a pair of designer sneakers.

And don’t forget high end malls with the Rolex, Tiffany’s and Omega stores where you can pay $10,000 for a Swiss made wrist watch.

I’ve recently seen malls with a Tesla office and you can arrange to buy a Tesla car. These malls look like generic average malls for teenagers but they’re also disguised and a part of them cater to the millionaires.

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #80 of 107
It's a lifestyle.

And a genre of music.

And a movie sir. it has given teens a place to hang out. Otherwise they hang out outside convenience stores. lol

One positive is, you can shop inside even the weather is bad outside, but also you need to get there in the first place so you have to drive or need a ride from someone.

I think this is like an American version of European town center.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #81 of 107
I admit that I really dislike mall food courts. It’s usually generic bland pizza and bland generic Americanized Chinese food and you pay around $10 for such a mediocre lunch. But it is popular and people line up for it though.

Of course, I’m just generalizing. Some of the upscale malls have better options.

Jul 17, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #82 of 107
I kind of admit that I have a mild fascination with depressed empty malls.

I remember driving through rural Alabama and visiting a random mall. Most of the stores inside were empty and it was basically a ghost town inside. I think there was like maybe 3 stores that were open.

These types of “dead malls” are common in rural lower population parts of the country.

A lot of these malls were once popular in the 1980s, 90s and early 2000s. But they’re still open and have turned into a skeleton.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #83 of 107
I admit that I really dislike mall food courts. It’s usually generic bland pizza and bland generic Americanized Chinese food and you pay around $10 for such a mediocre lunch. But it is popular and people line up for it though.

Of course, I’m just generalizing. Some of the upscale malls have better options.
Malls are the only place I can find Charlies Subs, so the food court gets a thumbs up from me. Plus making rounds to get free samples is a huge plus. Doubt they do that anymore cause of a certain virus though.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #84 of 107
Malls are the only place I can find Charlies Subs, so the food court gets a thumbs up from me. Plus making rounds to get free samples is a huge plus. Doubt they do that anymore cause of a certain virus though.

Yeah, that can be enjoyable. For me, I kind of out grown those free food samples so I’m sort of bored with that.

My biggest turn offs with mall food is that I don’t really like Americanized Italian food and I don’t like Americanized Chinese food….With a few exceptions here and there. I know people will strongly disagree with me because those processed foods sell well.

If I am going to eat Chinese food in a food court, a Chinese food court in a Chinese supermarket in an actual Chinese community is much better.

Real high quality pizza does exist in malls, but they are rare and found in upscale malls…..Unless if you’re maybe in New Jersey or New York where the standards of pizza is above average in the nation….and maybe a few odd exceptions here and there.

If a mall has better food court, usually they will have a Chipotles or a Five Guys- Those are the better chain establishments and sometimes they exist in malls.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #85 of 107
https://www.sabahulkesi.com/2019/09/25/avmostalji-fenomenolojik-bir-inceleme/

xw0giz4emtk11.jpg

Aug 1, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #86 of 107
I don’t like cities any longer and malls even less. Since my wife & I retired 8.5 years ago & moved to a small, quaint, picturesque and friendly town in the maritimes, we’re going to finish our years over here. I would never be able to live in a city ever again. Even when I lived in the city I grew up in, periodically we’d take our kids to the mall because they liked going and spending some of their money but, I never went to malls for myself. I always found it to be a waste of my time and noisy. I much prefer living near the ocean, beaches, wooden areas and the peaceful, quiet atmosphere we’re now enjoying year round. But that’s just me, my tastes, not judging people who like the mall or big cities.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #87 of 107
Mall is a place where you buy unnecessary stuffs, eat a lot like there's no tomorrow and where eyes is busy checking everyone who passes by. But, also its a good place to go dating and hanging out with friends.

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #88 of 107
I remember a strange funny incident where this old man was with a small child and some lady complimented how cute his grandson was.

He then got offended and told her it was his son not grandson.

Aug 17, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #89 of 107
I remember a strange funny incident where this old man was with a small child and some lady complimented how cute his grandson was.

He then got offended and told her it was his son not grandson.

That's embarrassing. I don't understand why we humans have a soft spot for babies. Maybe, because they are fragile and cute at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back