I got the Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 Ear-Fitting Headphone
Nov 9, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #17 of 144
...Rick...

...now that you own both the ER-4X and the ATH-EM7: how do they compare?
confused.gif

Nov 9, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #18 of 144
LTUCCI1924,

Didn't mean to offend. It's just that I use the etys when in the library, etc. when I don't want to disturb others. I was interested in the ATH-EM7 as a replacement, since I don't really like to insert the etys into my ears. I wanted an idea of their sound before I bothered ordering. You gave me an idea of their sound in your response. Thanks.

Nov 10, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #20 of 144
Oh, damn. The EMS tracking reports that mine arrived in NY on Friday. There's no mail delivery on Monday, and I have to put up with another day's delay because of the university's mail distribution, so I won't see mine until at least Wednesday. I can't wait!

If there are half as good as Lou & Rick say, I'll be very happy. Just can't walk around wearing the W100, which is too big anyway for most carrying bags.

Nov 10, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #21 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by JML
Oh, damn. The EMS tracking reports that mine arrived in NY on Friday. There's no mail delivery on Monday, and I have to put up with another day's delay because of the university's mail distribution, so I won't see mine until at least Wednesday. I can't wait!

Just breathe deeply,...JML. I waited about three weeks. I think you'll enjoy them when they arrive!

Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
...Rick...

...now that you own both the ER-4X and the ATH-EM7: how do they compare?
confused.gif

The Ety's are steps beyond the EM7 sonically IMO, however, you have to ram the Ety's down your ear (which is uncomfortable for some) and the ATs simply clip on. I don't think you can compare the two because they're so unique. You're also talking $75-80 compared to nearly $300!

wink.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 12:23 AM Post #30 of 144
gene I would personally not recommend the ER-6. If they were about $30 dollars lower maybe but for what they are they're overpriced. You might check out the Sony V6 or Beyerdynamic 250-80. Both of these Are closed phones that soundawesome for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back