I got the Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 Ear-Fitting Headphone
Nov 12, 2002 at 10:11 AM Post #46 of 144
dang... 75$ is too much for portable phones to me...

i think for that much i'd probabally just get some V600's.

How do they compare to the V600's?

Nov 12, 2002 at 10:17 AM Post #47 of 144
I want the new AT soooo much!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
dang... 75$ is too much for portable phones to me...

i think for that much i'd probabally just get some V600's.

How do they compare to the V600's?

Shame on you... you have 1200+ posts, and you have the nerve to trouble your fellow fi'ers with such a question...

There is no reason for getting the V600 when you can get the V6 for less money.

Nov 12, 2002 at 10:32 AM Post #48 of 144
Quote:

I want the new AT soooo much!!!

which one? there's just too many
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Shame on you... you have 1200+ posts, and you have the nerve to trouble your fellow fi'ers with such a question...

...hahahah....

Nov 12, 2002 at 12:54 PM Post #49 of 144
Personal economics sure are funny. I don't see that the approx. $30 difference is that big a deal if the portables sound good. It's not that they're twice the price, it's that it's only $30. Now, if you're talking $300 vs. $600, that would bother me. But it's only the price of a few CDs.

I realize the amount of disposable income each of us has is different; for some $3 matters, and for others it might not matter until you get to $3000 or $30,000, but come on, now!

Perhaps it's because I think the V6 has a recessed midrange and a peaky high, and don't like 'em (anymore) even for $30.

Nov 12, 2002 at 6:04 PM Post #50 of 144
Come on, can anyone tell me how ATH-EM7 sound?!?! Does it just look really nice and sound really bad? $80 is not lots of money, but it is worth to invest $80US into somthing that just look good? We just have too many choices, too little $$$.

Nov 12, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #52 of 144
I just got mine 6 hours ago and are burning them in now...
Took 10 min to learn to put them on. Never had a pair of clip-on's before...kinda wired..

I'm not sure it's the most durable phone around, a bit like my eggo's. Comes with A+ carrying bag (unlike the eggo). I guess it is a must if they are to last.

Did not like the sound at first, but after about 15 min something started to happend...only listend for 30 min. Will post more later...

Exellent soundstage, a bit grado-like if I dare say it.

Nov 12, 2002 at 6:57 PM Post #53 of 144
I just got mine. These have to be among the cutest and coolest little tiny headphones I've ever seen. Very comfortable, very light, and really easy to put on. The clip has about 3/8" of vertical adjustment, with a 3 detent-like feel, and the whole clip swivels out and then back to hug your ear. The cord is covered with nylon fabric, and the first piece ends at my waist for a belt-mounted source. The carrying case is made of neoprene, and very nicely stitched.

The sound is definitely in the AT family. More later, as they burn in. But for now, it's clear that the soundstaging is there, and the midrange, too.

But I immediately said to myself, "Myself, you're gonna have to get ANOTHER pair of these just in case anything happens to them."

Rick and Lou, did you have the courage to peel away that silver sticker on the clip pivot? Seems to be covering the inner spring, but I'm not taking mine off (at least not yet).

Nov 12, 2002 at 6:57 PM Post #54 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by puck
they are 8000 yen at yodobashi camera and were already sold out in the fukuoka store when i was there this weekend. they are pretty sweet looking little cans. much smaller than i was expecting from the photos. the em5 looks really cool too but i have no idea what it sounds like.

does yodobashi have typical prices? if so, then that means audiocubes isn't charging all that much for importing them. i guess they are pretty popular there then, if they are sold out. wonder when you'll be seeing people wearing them in the streets...

Nov 12, 2002 at 7:00 PM Post #55 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
Come on, can anyone tell me how ATH-EM7 sound?!?! Does it just look really nice and sound really bad? $80 is not lots of money, but it is worth to invest $80US into somthing that just look good? We just have too many choices, too little $$$.

UncleDan

Go back to the first page of this thread and look at the first impressions that the original poster lsted. He seems to really like these things, and highly recommends them for the price!!!

Nov 12, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #57 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by JML
Rick and Lou, did you have the courage to peel away that silver sticker on the clip pivot? Seems to be covering the inner spring, but I'm not taking mine off (at least not yet).

I did, JML and it appears to serve no function other than packaging. Behind the foil is a small window with a black indicator mark to help you match the correct vertical extension of the left and right phones.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #58 of 144
Thanks, Rick.

Of course, they sound much better with the sticker off.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #60 of 144
I heard that Stereophile will be doing an article in an upcoming issue where they state that removing stickers from the frame of headphones reduces harmonics, increases soundstage, improves the high and low end, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back