I got the Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 Ear-Fitting Headphone
Nov 16, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #136 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by mtillman
Oh dear, no one seems to appreciate my sense of humour :frowning2:

This is the second time in not very long at all that I've given the wrong impression.

Is it because I'm British? Perhaps I should use more smileys.

Anyway, my EM7s left Japan about 12 hours ago, and I can't wait...

I'm a Brit too...

In fact i'm only about 20 miles from MK
wink.gif

As to the whole AT thing, I heard a pair of Bangramans ATs (I can't remember the model #) and I wasn't exceptionally impressed... They ARE good in their own right, but are NOT the kind of sound that I am looking for...

Hope they arrive soon mtillman
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 1:37 PM Post #137 of 144
That would have been the ATH-A900. They do sound a bit distant at first, and as a non Grado fan it would have been natural for you not to like them that much, but it does need a proper listening to, after which you go "ah, that's pretty good". it's definitely not as scratchy as the Grados I've tried.

PS. I got the MDR-7506. wanna compare?
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #138 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
That would have been the ATH-A900. They do sound a bit distant at first, and as a non Grado fan it would have been natural for you not to like them that much, but it does need a proper listening to, after which you go "ah, that's pretty good". it's definitely not as scratchy as the Grados I've tried.

PS. I got the MDR-7506. wanna compare?
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the model # Bangraman... I'll have to try and remember that
biggrin.gif

As to the 7506... only if they sound better than the 7509s
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 3:59 PM Post #139 of 144
So is the main complaint so far that the EM7 doesn't have really low bass extension? How's the punchiness and impact, as compared to a pair of KSC-35s?

Nov 16, 2002 at 7:36 PM Post #141 of 144
LTUCCI1924:
Would you recommend the ATH-EM7 for use while exercising? I have a feeling the KSC-35s would work better, but they're becoming hard to find...

Nov 16, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #143 of 144
dhwilkin, the bass reminds me of the bass from the Sony MDR-F1. Fast, clean, transparent, and punchy, but it does not go down very deep, and not as deep as the W100, KSC-50, or MDR-V6. But I think the -50 is muddy, and the V6 has a mid-bass peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back