I got the Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 Ear-Fitting Headphone
Nov 11, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #34 of 144
I would suggest that you get Sony Ex-70 earcanal bud. It has very good isolation and bass. however at the expense of the sound. I prefer my mx500 to it, but some mod can be done to improve the sound.

EDIT: the hd25 is good sounding phone but they do not offer that much of isolation you might need.

Nov 11, 2002 at 6:00 AM Post #36 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
MooGoesTheCow
WOW lucky you. I mean on a SUNDAY. You get the luck for the week award. Now come on. How do they sound out of the box. Then after a 50 hour burn in please post again but how about a post now. Good luck with them.

Sorry, don't want to say anything about them until they've been running for awhile and I'm used to their sound. I've learned by now that initial impressions don't mean a heck of a lot. Although, I must say, these are good looking clip-ons. They fit well, however are not as snug on my ears as my Koss KSC-55s. I wouldn't use these for exercising. Although, at this price, nobody should be using them for exercise!

Nov 11, 2002 at 7:32 AM Post #37 of 144
Looks like we did it again!! Audio Cubes lists these AT's as back ordered until Nov 18th. They should start paying royalties to Head-Fi for all the business they've been getting from this group alone!!

Lord Bless

Nov 11, 2002 at 9:13 AM Post #38 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Looks like we did it again!! Audio Cubes lists these AT's as back ordered until Nov 18th. They should start paying royalties to Head-Fi for all the business they've been getting from this group alone!!

if they only knew..

Nov 11, 2002 at 10:01 AM Post #39 of 144
Does anyone happen to know what these go for in Japan?

I checked some sites, but only found a couple that had them for sale. From what I could tell, the MSRP is 7,880 yen (which is equivalent to about $66 - according to www.xe.com/ucc/ ). I'll bet there are local stores there selling for substantially less. Just wondering...

Nov 11, 2002 at 11:03 AM Post #40 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
if they only knew..

Actually they want to sponsor Head-Fi!! And as soon as there is an opening for a sponsor they will start advertising and helping out the Head-Fi site!! Kohn there at Audio Cubes seems really nice and wants to help out as he has realized that this site can generate revenue for his company!! Smart business IMHO.

Lord Bless

Nov 11, 2002 at 2:08 PM Post #41 of 144
whaa??? are you serious? wow, that's pretty cool. where did you get this info from? does this mean head-fi member discounts now? heheheh..
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #42 of 144
Guess I'm going to have to give these things a try when they get back in stock...

Nov 12, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #43 of 144
they are 8000 yen at yodobashi camera and were already sold out in the fukuoka store when i was there this weekend. they are pretty sweet looking little cans. much smaller than i was expecting from the photos. the em5 looks really cool too but i have no idea what it sounds like.

Nov 12, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #44 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
whaa??? are you serious? wow, that's pretty cool. where did you get this info from? does this mean head-fi member discounts now? heheheh..
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

The info was from an email Kohn sent me. Hopefully he doesn't get in trouble for me releasing it here!!
wink.gif
We can only hope and pray that they would give a discount for us Head-Fi'ers. But then again, he's selling tons of stuff to us already without any discount.....

Lord Bless

Nov 12, 2002 at 10:07 AM Post #45 of 144
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
But then again, he's selling tons of stuff to us already without any discount.....

well, it would be an extra incentive for us to buy more than what we usually would do. also an incentive for those head-fiers that wouldn't really consider buying at audiocubes.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back