i got angry and broke my monitor
Nov 7, 2005 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
i got misunderstood by something someone said online and thought it was very mocknig and threw hard object at my 17" lcd monitor. it part of the stress i've been building up lately. the monitor still work but with a big mark on it and look really crappy, distorting colors and image. i dont make enuogh money to purchase a new one anymore. after that my roomy went into a discussion with my outburst of anger and how i show some kind of underneath hidden anger tension toward him and makes him uncomfortable.
i feel very crapy now.
frown.gif

yes sorry, this is the most emo and lame thing i've evern written.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 55
I could see beating up your room mate for some reason but not destroying my own monitor.

You might need a little Anger Management Training?

At least take it out on someone elses stuff.

Mitch

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 55
*threw his $2,000 laptop in an attempt to get parents attention that I'm not comfortable with my assholic druggie brother being in the same house threatening us all the time*

:-[

You're not alone, don't worry.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 55
It happens. When I was angry I used to chuck my (HS) textbooks in the air, wind up a left, and send em flying. The books got really f'ed up. Also had an old mattress that was up against my bedroom wall, I'd constantly beat the stuffing outta that thing . . til it learned to fight back.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 55
I'm more curious about what comment precisely set off the reaction of breaking your several hundred dollar monitor in the first place than the actual condition of it.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #9 of 55
Man, that's a drag. I had a friend whos GF (also a friend of mine) got pissed and shook his LCD screen and completely destroyed it. After that all it did was display vivid globs of color moving around. He ended up making it into an art project
icon10.gif
I also made certain not to ever invite her to use my computer.

Generally if something really peeves me I end up just going to sleep early and when I wake up I'm usually in better shape to deal with it.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #11 of 55
the only two things that ive got angry at while at the computer are playing DotA and Call of Duty online (neither of which i play anymore), ive punched the desk and froze my computer ... that'll teach me.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #12 of 55
I once had a fight with my girlfriend on the phone,
I ended up throwing the portable to the wall and made a permanent dent.

Even worse for my current roommate:
He threw his bluetooth headset for his cell phone on the ground and totally destroyed it.

But yes, I find sleeping a very effective way to release the anger.
Watching TV or a DVD is also helpful for me.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #13 of 55
[Cheesy Dr. Phil-like advice]Not to sound all self-righteous or anything, but I think that if your roommate has noticed something "off" about your behavior lately as well, there might be more to this than just getting pissed at something on the internet. Maybe it's something else that's bothering you on a deeper level? I dunno, but it might be a good idea to do some reflection. [/Cheesy Dr. Phil-like advice]

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #14 of 55
our prof started giving quizes online...its not a good thing. I spent 45 minutes doing a question, and submitted it, only to get 0 marks because it was a strict numerical answer problem and I made a calculation error. I threw my hands up and jumped outta the seat so hard I almost hit my lcd. With my old pc, a p2 266mhz, I used to get so mad when it froze that I would pound my fist into the tower as hard as i could. One time i picked it up and repeatedly slammed it into the ground.

Don't get too angry.. do a few pushups or go for a run when you get mad.

Nov 7, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #15 of 55
Just go outside to somewhere with a nice view and a nice breeze, and look around at the landscape/cityscape and stars. Shows you how big the world is and how little your trivial problems matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back