i got angry and broke my monitor
Nov 7, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #31 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
sorry my post was unclear. he was talking onlnie to one of his friend and my roomy mentioned me and then his friend said somehting really mocking and i thought itw as about me. my roommate is right about my problem, he's a very good friend of mind, but when we moved in together there seem to be so many new tension and disagreements. sometimes i want to forget about them but having to meet each other everyday its hard to avoid. i have to work on my problems. its hard to admit the mistakes, and then you have to work on improving it too.

i went and took a 7-8? miles walk to like somewhere i dont even know. yeah i'm pretty erratic and crazy today. feeling a bit better now. also i am so regret of hitting my monitor. its ugly now, all i have is a 15" crt, but i still prefer a big screen. after using lcd that doesnt hurt the eyes from staring and so detailed i just cant go back.

Having ones good friends as roommates is not always a good idea to start
with, been there done that myself.
Whats the saying, familiarity breeds contempt...
I remember one time we got so mad we ended up picking up
huge comfy chairs and trying throw them at each other,it must have looked
like something from a Laurel and Hardy movie , insane.
blink.gif

Ended up laughing at the end though.
But the thing was,when we both got to the stage where were in the full loathing
every fiber of your being mode, we did address the issues until some
sort of peace reigned again.
We have known each other for some 25 years now, and things have been very
acrimonious at times .
We don't really see much of each other these days but we are still friends , just.

So perhaps if your roommate/friend is truly the reason for your stress you
should agree to meet on neutral territory, go for a drink a meal etc, and
try to discuss your feelings.
Brooding resentments are bad and the last thing you want to do is end
up lashing out or some such.

Nov 7, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #33 of 55
Don't worry about it too much. In this day and age, there are alot of stressed people who do much more outrageous things than breaking their monitors. Who never threw a gaing controller out of desperation of not killing a boss or something? Stuff like this happens to everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
after using lcd that doesnt hurt the eyes from staring and so detailed i just cant go back.

well next time have a good think (count to ten even) and don't beat the crap out of your monitor.

Nov 7, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #35 of 55
A brisk bicycle ride helps lots to vent your frustrations. Especially when you have a number of steep climbs along your route.

IIRC there's a significant cycling community here on headfi.

Nov 7, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jashugan
Don't worry about it too much. In this day and age, there are alot of stressed people who do much more outrageous things than breaking their monitors. Who never threw a gaing controller out of desperation of not killing a boss or something? Stuff like this happens to everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

hahhaha
Oh, man.
My nephew.

>=\

Christian: "AUUUGGGH. I HATE THIS GAME!!!"
Me: "*walks up* Huh? Oh, hahaha. A stupid boss? Just kick its ass."
Christian: "I'm trying but-- *looks at screen and turns red* *throws my controller at wall*"

Me: "WHAT. THE. ****. THAT'S ****ING MY CONTROLLER, IDIOT!!!"

I've never ever thrown a controller because of a game. I have, however, taken an xbox controller and Gogo Yubari'd it at my brother's head in a fight. I have pretty good aim, too.

=P

Nov 7, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #38 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Of course my wife tells me I'm overly indifferent, so whatever.

Apathy, it's a wonderful thing! Um..yeah...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
...and let's not for get the best stress relief ever... SEX!
very_evil_smiley.gif

No doubt about that. We have a running joke among my group of friends. Whenever we see someone being an angry spaz, one of us will point and say "someone's not getting laid" and we'll all have a good laugh.

Nov 7, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #39 of 55
the only thing that takes abuse with my computer is the keyboard. If there is system latency the keyboard is the first to know it. Generally either the "enter" or the "backspace" key. They are alittle more depressed then the other keys.. lol..

Nov 7, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
We have a running joke among my group of friends. Whenever we see someone being an angry spaz, one of us will point and say "someone's not getting laid" and we'll all have a good laugh.

Make sure that A: this guy doesn't hear you B: he isn't carrying a chain saw
icon10.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #41 of 55
Take a two by four to a junkyard, slip the guy a Jackson, and ask if you can beat the crap out of one of the cars heading to the compactor.

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #42 of 55
seriously though, I think it's alright to get angry once in awhile and break s**t, as long as it's yours and inanimate. Better than going off on some person or furrylike creature. If anyone has anger issues, just try to control them or relieve them in an acceptable manner. In HS I was a freakin' time bomb, people would screw with me so much that I'd just get physical on them. Fighting is great to relieve anger n stress, IMO.
tongue.gif
But nowadays I'd only go off if someone really messes with me. I keep my cool under most circumstances.

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #43 of 55
Learning to deal with situations and your reactions is one thing, but once the adrenaline is in your blood, you better find a way to dissipate it or everything gets worse over time. All activities that include fast movements are suitable. Jogging mixed with sprints, working the Bag or football are some examples.
You have to get rid of that adrenaline and fast movements are the way.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back