I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Sep 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #76 of 1,630
Quote:
You are trolling now. iBasso builds the DX100 and all their other products in their own facility. 

this "troll" has a big club called FACTS.

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
ro.build.display.id=V1.2.3
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.mobei.20120410.143142
ro.build.version.sdk=9
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.1
ro.build.date=Tue Apr 10 14:38:07 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1334039887
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=mobei
ro.build.host=compiler
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=DX100
ro.product.brand=rockchip
ro.product.name=rk29sdk
ro.product.device=rk29sdk
ro.product.board=rk29sdk
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US

Hmm

that is odd as hell. Why would an iBasso "built" product have the brand as rockchip?????

See that is the difference between you and me.
I deal with cold hard facts.

some more "trolling" facts.

The update.img matches all the RockChip developed and manufactured images in use in tablets AND phones especially the use of EXT to encapsulate the files.
RockChip does not share the RockChip SDK unless they are PARTNERS. iBasso is NOT a partner. 
RockChip is the one that does the updates for the HDP-R10 and DX100.
RockChip MANUFACTURED the DX100 and HDP-R10 along with the software development for both.

Look forward to your rebutal or name calling which ever comes first.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #77 of 1,630
Get a DX100 and then we will talk. You are trolling. 

iBasso uses the Rockchip like Apple uses the Intel chip, as a starting point. No other Android device or Rockchp device supports 24/196. iBasso does a custom program for this as well as other functions. They do all their assembly and testing in their own manufacturing plant. iBasso does the updates, not Rockchip. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #78 of 1,630
Quote:
Get a DX100 and then we will talk. You are trolling. 

Par for the course.

Why "trolling"? Because you were proven wrong on who built the device? Seriously? Do you think THEY are the only one that does outsourcing of services or manufacturing in the audio world?
As you said, having concepts is only part of the picture... concepts backed by experience in the industry goes a long way.

and hey, at least you learned something today also.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #79 of 1,630
VisceriousZERO, as from the AK100 thread you wrote this :-

I got the iBasso HDP-R10 and its much much better than the DX100, which is weird, coz they're supposed to be the same thing, only one's from Japan (former) and the other's from iBasso itself (latter)

Care to elaborate on this comment? How is the HDP-R10 much much better than the DX100? What firmare was your DX100 when you compared between the two (since on the DX100 at least firmware 1.2.7 is a big SQ difference from 1.1.7 and earlier).

Edit: Do you know about the support status of the HDP-R10? i.e. can the DX100 1.2.7 be applied to the HDP-R10 yet retain that DSD-capable app player? Please ignore, found the answer myself: http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/information/3236.html

Cheers on sharing your thoughts.

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #80 of 1,630
VisceriousZERO, as from the AK100 thread you wrote this :-

Care to elaborate on this comment? How is the HDP-R10 much much better than the DX100? What firmare was your DX100 when you compared between the two (since on the DX100 at least firmware 1.2.7 is a big SQ difference from 1.1.7 and earlier).

Edit: Do you know about the support status of the HDP-R10? i.e. can the DX100 1.2.7 be applied to the HDP-R10 yet retain that DSD-capable app player? Please ignore, found the answer myself: http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/information/3236.html

Cheers on sharing your thoughts.

Hey :)

Honestly, I think I should have phrased it this way: "the HDP-R10 is SUPPOSEDLY better than the DX100"

Now I say this because I spoke with one of my friends (who, now, also has an HDP-R10) about it and he gave me the impression that the DX100 was buggier than the HDP-R10. I haven't exactly read up on the DX100, and I don't own one. Neither does he, so yeah...

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #81 of 1,630
Quote:
Hey
smily_headphones1.gif

Honestly, I think I should have phrased it this way: "the HDP-R10 is SUPPOSEDLY better than the DX100"
Now I say this because I spoke with one of my friends (who, now, also has an HDP-R10) about it and he gave me the impression that the DX100 was buggier than the HDP-R10. I haven't exactly read up on the DX100, and I don't own one. Neither does he, so yeah...

Ah, ok :D. 'cos I didn't think just an OpAmp upgrade OP627 would make that big of a difference. There's been a few HDP-R10's floating around but I daren't pick one up yet (since I already own the DX100) 'cos I don't know how well Hibino's keeping up with iBasso's firmware upgrades - not to mention they then have to put their changes/music app on. I don't wanna pick one up just to experiment around.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #82 of 1,630
Quote:
Hey
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah, ok :D. 'cos I didn't think just an OpAmp upgrade OP627 would make that big of a difference. There's been a few HDP-R10's floating around but I daren't pick one up yet (since I already own the DX100) 'cos I don't know how well Hibino's keeping up with iBasso's firmware upgrades - not to mention they then have to put their changes/music app on. I don't wanna pick one up just to experiment around.

XD yeah not very wallet-friendly that way...

I still love my HDP-R10 though :D TG334s sound amazingly transparent when you plug them into the line-out at the bottom..

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #84 of 1,630
Quote:
Hey
smily_headphones1.gif

no dood, the R10 is more buggier and slower UI than the v1.2.7 dx100. i sold mine to my friend so that i can borrow it anytime i want :p

this is using the stock player and im not sure what version you and your friend's R10 is using

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #85 of 1,630
no dood, the R10 is more buggier and slower UI than the v1.2.7 dx100. i sold mine to my friend so that i can borrow it anytime i want :p

this is using the stock player and im not sure what version you and your friend's R10 is using

Right, haven't spent too much time with the stock player,

Using Poweramp btw.

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #88 of 1,630
just an off topic foot note to consider.
i know we all want the BEST and search for it and never really feel we have obtained it, as i feel . just brief periods till the new one appears.

im most likely older they most here at 56 so here is my statement.

about 19 years ago before the devorce i owned the infiniti referance series 5 , yes the 50 g way to big ones. and the cd that made me buy them was a count basie cd kansis city shout.
recorded at 16/ 44.1 . to this day there rarly is  a cd or hd download that sounds that good . the point is we all want what ever is the best sounding ,largest  bit rate and so on.
i know we feel we need this as i do too, but after reading docs that tell us we dont, we do anyway. the cd is as good as it gets. just my opion.
if any one here wants the cd just pm me and i will send you the tracks and listen. and just maby you can be satisfied for a little while.
ps i love to read all the discussions and there really seems to be some really bright people here thanks for all the great posting.
and yes im buying product in this thread.
AL.D

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #90 of 1,630
I have one also great pick the dx100 wow do u see how many pages and still not right.

no u cannot use dx100 software . u can only use the habino 8.02 latest .
and no u do not have google play or anything but a player.

pm me or post if u have any questions. great player are u American and can u read Japanese ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back