I am looking for a good pair of headphones below $200
Aug 28, 2012 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Nicvdh

New Head-Fier
Hi there !
I am looking for good headphones below/around $200.
I have searched alot and I found the Audio Technica ATH-M50's. I heard alot of good things about this headphones but there's only one dealer I can find in my country (Belgium) that sells them and I don't know whether I can trust it.
I want headphones that don't need an amp, it's generally for use with my ipod touch.
I want them to have great sound, and i want them to be able to produce alot of bass, but not that it overwhelms the mids and highs.

The music I listen to varies alot. From Dubstep and Drum & Bass to Indie, Rock, old pop music and Rap. The only thing I really don't listen to is the new pop like Rihanna and Lady Gaga.

Please help me out.
Thanks alot !
Nic

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 16
have you ever heard of Fischer Audio ?
They have several great model in 200 price range.. 
most of Fischer headphones  are for home use  except Oldskool 3313.
Are you looking for portable use or for home use?
you could learn about their models on headfi but aslo on Fischer`s audio website
In belgium is probably hard to get this but there are many places in EU where one can get order from

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:
Hi there !
I am looking for good headphones below/around $200.
I have searched alot and I found the Audio Technica ATH-M50's. I heard alot of good things about this headphones but there's only one dealer I can find in my country (Belgium) that sells them and I don't know whether I can trust it.
I want headphones that don't need an amp, it's generally for use with my ipod touch.
I want them to have great sound, and i want them to be able to produce alot of bass, but not that it overwhelms the mids and highs.

The music I listen to varies alot. From Dubstep and Drum & Bass to Indie, Rock, old pop music and Rap. The only thing I really don't listen to is the new pop like Rihanna and Lady Gaga.

Please help me out.
Thanks alot !
Nic

Heya,

Denon D2000 (used)
Ultrasone HFI 580
Shure SRH750 DJ
M-Audio Q40
Beyer DT770 PRO
Fischer Audio FA002W

Very best,

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:
have you ever heard of Fischer Audio ?
They have several great model in 200 price range.. 
most of Fischer headphones  are for home use  except Oldskool 3313.
Are you looking for portable use or for home use?
you could learn about their models on headfi but aslo on Fischer`s audio website
In belgium is probably hard to get this but there are many places in EU where one can get order from

Yes, I have heard of it and I did so
me searching but could'nt find any place in Belgium where they sell them..
And I am looking for a headphone for at home that I can take out too. It's for extremely enjoying my music.
Thank you !
Nic

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Heya,

Denon D2000 (used)
HIfiman HFI 580
Shure SRH750 DJ
M-Audio Q40
Beyer DT770 PRO
Fischer Audio FA002W

Very best,

Hello,
The D2000's and the Q40's are too expensive for me... I can't find any Fischer Audio in Belgium. And I can't find Hifiman HFI 580 at all. Do you mean Ultrasone HFI 580 ? The DT770 Pros, they are 250 ohms, right ? Can I use it with my iPod then ?

Thanks alot,
Nic

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
Do you mean Ultrasone HFI 580 ?

Heya,

Sorry for the confusion; a typo. Yes, Ultrasone HFI 580.

The DT770 PRO comes in two flavors, 80ohm and 250ohm. You'd want the 80ohm likely. And both are ideal with amplification. You could however try and find a discontinued 32ohm DT770 Premium. They exist in EU more than USA as it is.

Very best,

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Heya,

Sorry for the confusion; a typo. Yes, Ultrasone HFI 580.

The DT770 PRO comes in two flavors, 80ohm and 250ohm. You'd want the 80ohm likely. And both are ideal with amplification. You could however try and find a discontinued 32ohm DT770 Premium. They exist in EU more than USA as it is.

Very best,

First of all, thanks alot already ! But as you can tell, I am a complete beginner. So, I could use some more advice. I can't find any 32 Ohm DT770's. But would the 80 ohm version work without an amp ? I did find an Audio Technica M50 in the meanwhile. Do you think I should go for these ?
And the Ultrasone HFI 580, it says they were designed for drummers. Is it good for listening then too ? Also the Shure SRH750DJ, thosa are made for Dj's will it be good for listening then ?

Thanks alot !
Nic

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
If you can get the M50 go for it. Not my cup of tea but they do more right than wrong. Versatile and generally pleasing.

Quote:
Hello,
The D2000's and the Q40's are too expensive for me... I can't find any Fischer Audio in Belgium. And I can't find Hifiman HFI 580 at all. Do you mean Ultrasone HFI 580 ? The DT770 Pros, they are 250 ohms, right ? Can I use it with my iPod then ?

Thanks alot,
Nic

Okay, thanks alot ! I found a shop that sells the M50's and the M-Audio Q40's. The Q40's are cheaper than the M50's and I love the fact that the Q40's have a detachable cord.
But which ones do you guys think sound better and how do they sound ?

Thanks alot! This means a great deal to me !
Nic

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Okay, thanks alot ! I found a shop that sells the M50's and the M-Audio Q40's. The Q40's are cheaper than the M50's and I love the fact that the Q40's have a detachable cord.
But which ones do you guys think sound better and how do they sound ?

Thanks alot! This means a great deal to me !
Nic

If i were to choose between them, i choose the M audio. If you need bass, they react well to Eq. 
It reminds me of the beyer sound. 

Aug 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Thanks! But by that, you mean Beyerdynamic sounds better. Also the DT-660's ?
Thanks

I meant they have a more spacious sound, not like the M50 soundstage which is small. Bass goes very deep. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back