10mm Carbon nano driver
Impedance 32
Sensitivity 106db
FR 15-40
Cable 1.2m, OFC silver plated.

1608393697269.png

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 93
This is a no-brainer IEM. Inexpensive but high quality. Definitely a Blon beater to me. What do you think?

Definitely a BLON beater. This set is better in fit, isolation, transients, technicalities and timbre than the BLON BL-03. Only thing is it doesn't have the biggest soundstage, note weight is a bit thin and it needs amping. Sounds meh from a low powered source.

BLON BL-03 is a good set don't get me wrong, it is very good in timbre and tonality but isn't the best in technicalities, fit and midbass bloat. The bass can't keep up with fast bass movements in the BLON.

HZSound Heart Mirror manages to balance a very fine line between forward vocals without going into shouty territory. It's a great set for vocal lovers and timbre lovers. I daresay it has the best timbre I've heard for acoustic instruments in a sub $100 single DD set.

Dec 17, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #4 of 93
What I find exceptional about Hzsound Heart Mirror is its EQ capabilities.

For me, it's not my cup of tea with its stock sound signature, but it takes bass boost so well, so I boosted the bass and decreased a bit mid-highs and lower treble, and now I can really say that Heart Mirror can achieve a similar sound signature to BL-01/BL-01 but at a higher technical standpoint: faster and quicker bass, more forward voices and more cohesive sound.

It's amazing how well it takes EQ and the flexibility to decide if you want the neutral bright stock sound signature or you want more warmth and "oomph".

Hats off to HZSound 👏👏👏

(BTW I'm using them with an E1DA 9038S , Sonata HD Pro and Hidizs S9)

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 93
What I find exceptional about Hzsound Heart Mirror is its EQ capabilities.

For me, it's not my cup of tea with its stock sound signature, but it takes bass boost so well, so I boosted the bass and decreased a bit mid-highs and lower treble, and now I can really say that Heart Mirror can achieve a similar sound signature to BL-01/BL-01 but at a higher technical standpoint: faster and quicker bass, more forward voices and more cohesive sound.

It's amazing how well it takes EQ and the flexibility to decide if you want the neutral bright stock sound signature or you want more warmth and "oomph".

Hats off to HZSound 👏👏👏

(BTW I'm using them with an E1DA 9038S , Sonata HD Pro and Hidizs S9)

Nice one. I haven't had them that long. Using the stock cable bass was fairly neutral. Using a TRi Through 4.4mm balanced cable on my HiBy R5 changed that and bass increased quite a lot. I will equalise on the HiBy and see how it responds. It's a very good sounding IEM. I'm happy to hear it responds well to EQ.

Dec 17, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 93
Nice one. I haven't had them that long. Using the stock cable bass was fairly neutral. Using a TRi Through 4.4mm balanced cable on my HiBy R5 changed that and bass increased quite a lot. I will equalise on the HiBy and see how it responds. It's a very good sounding IEM. I'm happy to hear it responds well to EQ.
Sure, play with EQ without any fear in the bass frequencies (and to a minor extent in mid-highs or lower treble if you're sensitive those frequencies) and I think you'll be positively surprised.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #7 of 93
Let me also contribute to that subject.

HM is an vivid iem i can say. It's very alive due to its transparent, bright presentation. I'd definitely recommend to change its cable. I managed achieve such deeper soundstage with the cable from a brand that I can't mention.

I also use HM with eq. I tamed the range a bit 5-8k, and gave a bit mid bass boost. I'd definitely say it's great iem for the sub 50$. It's better than bl-03 in every aspects except the strong bass slam. I can also say that it's better tin t2+. T2+'s secure tuning is good but after you try HM, you will definitely stick with it more.

What I like the most about HM is cymbals. It has such sweet sounding cymbals gently touching your ear.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #8 of 93
Additionally its timbre is great. Not on the right spot but very close. Considering its price, almost perfect. Might compete with higher price range iems.

Dec 17, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #9 of 93
Let me also contribute to that subject.

HM is an vivid iem i can say. It's very alive due to its transparent, bright presentation. I'd definitely recommend to change its cable. I managed achieve such deeper soundstage with the cable from a brand that I can't mention.

I also use HM with eq. I tamed the range a bit 5-8k, and gave a bit mid bass boost. I'd definitely say it's great iem for the sub 50$. It's better than bl-03 in every aspects except the strong bass slam. I can also say that it's better tin t2+. T2+'s secure tuning is good but after you try HM, you will definitely stick with it more.

What I like the most about HM is cymbals. It has such sweet sounding cymbals gently touching your ear.

Seriously? Better than the Tin T2+? I really like the T2+. Now that has got me all ears!

Dec 17, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 93
Seriously? Better than the Tin T2+? I really like the T2+. Now that has got me all ears!
When I compare HM to tin t2+, yes HM is better. T2+ doesn't have strong bass. It has slightly elevated bass but weak. Mids are also better in HM. Especially female singers sound really good. When it comes treble, HM performs better and has really fast transients. There was an argument going on in the other topics so I don't wanna involve myself in this. But, IMHO, if I had 50$ I'd definitely buy HM. Considering the packaging, accessories and 2 pin connection. HM is a complete winner!

Dec 17, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #11 of 93
Put on a Faaeal Cooper 3.5 cable on the Heart Mirror. Adds some warmth with the HiBy R5. Quite loud at vol 34/100 high gain. Highs quite detailed without but glare. Brightish presentation, good vocals. By using HiBy MSEB good bass can be added.

Dec 19, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #12 of 93
Yes I agree the Heart Mirror is better than the Tin T2 plus. There is a slight accent towards sub-bass rather than mid bass, female vocals and treble have great clarity and detail and that's where the Heart Mirror shines. On Sibelius's Violin Concerto, Adrian Justus, timbre is better than most, so is very pleasing and the DD surprisingly picks up the nuances of the piece. Surprisingly my Samsung S9 plus also drives them well, with Faaeal 3.5 copper cable. There is detail and refinement in the highs.

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #14 of 93
Just got the Heart Mirror today, and it is a real winner. Seriously underrated.

Can anyone recommend tips that will protrude further into the ear? I want to get a better seal.

[Also, more bass and especially less-piercing treble strings would be nice.] Sounds like a job for Spiral Dot, maybe? I will try them out.

Jan 4, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #15 of 93
Just got the Heart Mirror today, and it is a real winner. Seriously underrated.

Can anyone recommend tips that will protrude further into the ear? I want to get a better seal.

[Also, more bass and especially less-piercing treble strings would be nice.] Sounds like a job for Spiral Dot, maybe? I will try them out.

I use the Final E black tips to tame the treble and also get a bit more extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back