HYLA Audio Nerva X & CE-05 Impression thread
Jun 25, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #121 of 215
I can't seem to decide which tips I like best. The small tips get loose in my right ear after a while. I'm now using the small stock foams.

Also, the acoustune tips I ordered are stuck in customs... I've never had anything get stuck in customs before. Not even the Hyla...

I'm using AET07 Large tips. Didn't bother trying other tips as this pairing already sounds fantastic!

Jun 26, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #122 of 215
I've settled on fads tips which im very happy with. Basically stock but better seal for me.

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #123 of 215
Tried different tips for Hyla (Comply, Spinfit, Spiraldots, Symbio, with different sizes from S-L) and found Acoustune the best tips for me. Interesting that it was not as ideal when using it on Oriolus (which comply small tips worked best for me), but perfect seal and comfort when used on Hyla.

Tried AET07 and AET08. AET08 just stays on my Hyla since tried. The bass. Wow.

I'm using AET07 Large tips. Didn't bother trying other tips as this pairing already sounds fantastic!

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #124 of 215
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #125 of 215
I FINALLY got the Acoustune tips in after being stuck in customs for almost a month!

AET07 definitely has a clearer sound. I hear more linear treble and extension. The stiff bore is good for the slippery nozzle as well.

AET08 has a tighter bore with a different shape for smaller nozzles. The fit isn't perfect as a result. I think these should be pushed all the way down on the nozzle.

Compared to Spiral Dots, I think they sound a little tighter/detailed since the bore is really stiff. Though its sounds like it boosts the lower treble too, which I found a little harsh.

I have both tips in small, but the Acoustune seem like Spinfits with a much stiffer bore. I think I like the Hyla with the AET07 the best now. Been using the stock foam, which can sound congested despite the comfort.

Edit: I might order mediums for the Oriolus. Hopefully, no customs hold up this time.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #127 of 215
anyone tried the ce-5 and the andros?

Not directly but yes.

I prefer the tuning on the andros but the hylas bass is next level. My ideal iem would he a hybrid with andro tuning and dd baselines like the hylas. One can dream.

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #128 of 215
Just picked up a Hyla CE-5 for myself. What incredible bass this thing has.

Aug 6, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #130 of 215
I'm a big fan of Zeppelin and Co.'s recommended setup (Hyla CE-5 + Acoustune AET07 tips + a resolving, low impedance source).

Thinking of which upgrade cable to add, since I'm still on the stock cable. Any suggestions?

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #131 of 215
I'm a big fan of Zeppelin and Co.'s recommended setup (Hyla CE-5 + Acoustune AET07 tips + a resolving, low impedance source).

Thinking of which upgrade cable to add, since I'm still on the stock cable. Any suggestions?

I also bought mine from there. You can try acoustune cable. I bought one with 4.4mm penteconn plug for my wm1a. The blackground become more black which in turn the treble feels more enjoyable and detail. Now, my setup is CE-5, Wm1a, acoustune AET-07 tip and cable. I have been enjoying this setup.

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #132 of 215
I also bought mine from there. You can try acoustune cable. I bought one with 4.4mm penteconn plug for my wm1a. The blackground become more black which in turn the treble feels more enjoyable and detail. Now, my setup is CE-5, Wm1a, acoustune AET-07 tip and cable. I have been enjoying this setup.

That's funny! So you, @gabetjh , and I all bought the CE-5 from Zeppelin.

Sure, I'll try out the Acoustune cable they have. Acoustune makes some top quality stuff.

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #133 of 215
That's funny! So you, @gabetjh , and I all bought the CE-5 from Zeppelin.

Sure, I'll try out the Acoustune cable they have. Acoustune makes some top quality stuff.

haha so it’s you! they mentioned that the stock cable is pretty decent and i didn’t wanna spend more haha

anyways not sure whether i’m the only one but when i here all of me by john legend, i hear like a robotic metallic sound during the chorus. can someone verify?

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #135 of 215
My turn to join the party, hopefully I receive my CE-5 tomorrow or Wednesday. All this raving about the bass, I'm really eager to see how it compares with my Legend-X which is the new reigning bass champ. Hoping for a little less quantity and slightly more control, but we'll see. I've got an arsenal of cables to try out with the CE-5 as well. Loving the Oriolus Reborn, I figured I'd try some of their other flavors and this should be right up my alley. I enjoy energetic, sparkly highs. Will check back in once I've had some listening time!

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back